Author Topic: This is Frikken BS!!!  (Read 2962 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:35:39 AM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a34_1182897411

A Skateboard?

Would like to know who the ****** Cop is.

Dip Chit....

Mac

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:44:58 AM »
When I get pulled over for a traffic violation, I have never been sucessful in telling the cop, "WTF did you pull me over for? I was just driving my car!"

I like to make decisions with more than just the word of one of the antagonists.  The whole thing might have started with the first kid flipping off the cop for jollies.  But we don't get to see the initial spark, only the cop's reaction.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 03:56:19 AM »
some people take their jobs just a little to seriously. regardless of what started the whole situation, the cop was way over the top dealing with kids. im thinkin any lawyer would have a field day with this.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 04:12:40 AM »
So you are a cop, and your supervisor says, "Kids have been skateboarding on the sidewalk where little old ladies are shopping for hats and produce and the little punks are harrasing the old folks.  Skateboarding there is a violation of city ordinance and I want you to go out there and keep those brats from making the mayor's mother call me again."

You say, "Yes Sir" and go out to stop the kids from rolling into people on the sidewalk.

The first kid you try to stop says something crude and gets away but you get his buddy, the unlucky second in line.  He immediatly thinks, "If Dave got away, I can too!" and begins to fight.

You wrestle him to the ground as you are trained to do to those who resist arrest, and then the video camera comes up with a bunch of punk kids appearing to try to interfere with your sworn duty.

I wonder if the video was planned to be there to document Officer Bob's reaction to punk kids pushing his buttons...

Naw... that scenario never happens....
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 04:17:33 AM »
i didnt see any of the kids "interfereing " with the officer. they looked like they were just standing around asking what the deal was. then superman tries to be the hero and apprehend the degenerate, lo life, good for nothin menaces to society. as i said before, he was way over the top. if he cant handle a little mouth from some kids, maybe he needs to look into insurance sales or something.

NOT

AKNOT

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 04:21:24 AM »
There comes a time when these lawless skateboarders must be stopped at all cost. Who knows when they might hinder or obstruct a public thoroughfare from
the rapist or bank robber just down the street trying to innocently go about his everyday business. Enough is enough. I think a nationwide skateboard ban is in order ............and also some revamping of the old running with scissors articles.

:D
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline mandingo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://sportsbybrooks.com/MP169.html
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 04:21:47 AM »
some cops are wacko, like tobbbbaco

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 04:27:34 AM »
Originally posted by NOT
i didnt see any of the kids "interfereing " with the officer. they looked like they were just standing around asking what the deal was.

What happened during the edits?

When the cop wrestled the second kid to the ground, the camera operator approached the cop, within feet, and yelled at the cop "WTF is wrong with you? He was riding a skateboard!"

Not the best cooperative attitude I've seen.

I am just pointing out that there is more here than we see.  The video is way out of context, and context might give us a completely different view as to what happened.

Offline mandingo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://sportsbybrooks.com/MP169.html
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 06:08:46 AM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:57:26 AM by Skuzzy »

storch

This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 06:23:58 AM »
that officer should be commended for successfully herding cats.  funny stuff that.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 06:42:29 AM »
Originally posted by mandingo
See Rules #4, #5

And you have the testimony of both sides... not just the video belonging to one side to decipher a complete picture of what happened.  

Gotcha.

I bow to your clairvoyance and / or superior detective abilities.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:59:11 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 07:19:01 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
What happened during the edits?

When the cop wrestled the second kid to the ground, the camera operator approached the cop, within feet, and yelled at the cop "WTF is wrong with you? He was riding a skateboard!"

Not the best cooperative attitude I've seen.

I am just pointing out that there is more here than we see.  The video is way out of context, and context might give us a completely different view as to what happened.

I agree. We never saw what started the whole thing.

Another point is the lack of respect. Even if you KNOW your not doing anything wrong, be respectful and you will avoid being physically handled by the cop and being charged with obstruction. However if the kids were skating on that sidewalk they were being a hazard to the shoppers going in and out of the stores.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 07:20:29 AM »
protect and serve.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 07:24:19 AM »
My take.

We dont know what initiated the fist kid being cuffed up.

Not quite sure what the cop wanted with the second kid that caused him to run.

dont know exactly what the deal was with the girl
but the cops actions were over the top.
Seems she might have said something he didnt like. Well thats just tough.
Freedom of speach and all that, in its purest form. Speaking out against the government is the priimary reason for that right.
Reguardless
No excuse to manhandle her.

The kid that jumped in,shouldnt have. we was clearly wrong.
That being said. If that were my girlfriend or wife. The reaction from me would probably have been far more severe.
I would have been wrong yes, absolutely. but nobody. I dont care who you are. Manhandles my woman.
Im guessing it was probably his girlfriend

Not quite sure what the deal was with the last kid other then the cop simply didnt like what he was hearing.
The second cop on the scene seemed far more in control of himself though

All in all as its been mentioned we dont know the whole story.

and I've seen confrontations similar to this a couple of different times where in one instance. The cop was without question over the top and went apechit just cause some kid asked "why?"
And in another his actions were justified IMO because a different kid decided to play hardarse with the cop.

This could have gone either way.
Again as its been said we dont know the whole story.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:28:57 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007, 08:49:20 AM »
I love how people call kids that skateboard "punks". I used to be a skateboarder and I did it to have fun and hang out with my friends, how is that being a punk? Would you rather them be out selling crack, or better yet stealing your car? I know from personal experience that skaters get harassed alot. I havent watched the whole film yet but the opening pic says it all. Unless that 13yr old kid bum ruched to cop with a knife he should not be choking him like that. That may have been how he was trained to restrain someone but theres a difference between a fully grown man and a young boy.

For why the second one ran. I can tell you if I just saw a cop wrestle and choke one of my friends for sakeboarding on a public sidewalk then come after me theres only two things I would do run or fight back, he ran.

Bottem line unless that kid was going after that "cop" with force he was over the top. Even if he gets sued or takin to court I can bet you he'll get something like two weeks paid suspension. I didnt watch it all I stoped when he had the girl and boy in headlocks. If I were one I those kids I would have when to jail for beating the living hell outa that overweight wanna be tough guy.

Edit: Watch the film again. The kid with the camera said "The cop just choked him and I got a picure of it". Then the cop all of the sudden he wants that kid.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:12:40 AM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner