Author Topic: This is Frikken BS!!!  (Read 2965 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 09:34:56 AM »
Okay, 0:34 seconds in, you can hear the cop say "I tell you to stop, you tell everybody to keep going?!"

That adds some context. The cop attempted to stop them, and they tried to run.

Like it or not, skateboarding ordnances exist because we have a lawsuit happy society. If little Jimmy fractures his skull because he tried to tail-slide a 9 foot rail, his parents can sue the city and win. That's a whole different topic for another day though.

The first kids "chokehold" is anything but. You hear no coughing, gagging, or spluttering. There's no gasp of breath when he lets him go. He had knee to belly control and could have very easily beat this kid senseless. He didn't bother with any of the other dozens (and far more painful) chokes or even a joint lock. He could've just mounted him, rolled him over, and then handcuffed him. He didn't do any of that. He actually took all of the pressure off of him and went back to verbal commands. You can tell from his leg positions and grips that the cop at least has a rudimentary grasp of grappling.

After he'd already ordered them to stop the first time, they're all resisting arrest with their non-compliance. That's why you don't argue with cops, even if it's something minor.  The second kid, I can only speculate since I wasn't there... was probably part of the original group asked to stop, and beat cheeks away after he told the cop he had a picture. The girl tried to run when ordered to sit, and was detained for it. The fourth kid stepped into the officer after he detained the girl, and got himself arrested.

I'm willing to bet y'all if the kids hadn't acted like *******s and run to begin with, none of this would've happened. It's silly to act like this is some violent act of aggression on behalf of police against skateboarding kids. He told them to stop, they ran. Pretty simple.

And I don't even like the police. I've been detained and handcuffed on the hood of my car 4 times without ever once being arrested. Friends that tried to run.. well, they went to jail.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:38:48 AM by indy007 »

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 09:35:13 AM »
HOW do you know he was choking him? He may have just been restraining him. If he was resisting BEFORE his buddies took the pic and started video taping then he deserved it.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 09:41:35 AM »
Originally posted by indy007
I've been detained and handcuffed on the hood of my car 4 times without ever once being arrested. Friends that tried to run.. well, they went to jail.

I'm sure you were VERY coperative those 4 times. One reason why people should be and maybe they can avoid incidents that get physical and end up with arrests and accusations.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 10:00:54 AM »
It was the "I got a picture" comment that got it really going, LEO's don't like that.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »
Originally posted by mandingo
See Rules #4, #5

Pigs?

Real pillar of society you are. Real class act too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:00:34 AM by Skuzzy »
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »
Originally posted by NOT
some people take their jobs just a little to seriously.

NOT

Yea, especially the new guys on the job.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »
The list of ordinances they violated is substantial.

Skating on a public sidewalk.

Resisting arrest.

Flight to avoid prosecution.

Interfering with an officer.

Assaulting an officer.

Pretty stupid bunch of kids. A little courtesy and respect would have prevented the whole thing. Even if the officer detained one or more of them first, had they acted like intelligent individuals instead of a pack of punks, they probably could have all gone skating elsewhere and nothing would have happened. But they wanted to be punks, so they got to go to juvenile hall like punks. If MY kids had done it, they'd have gotten their tulips whipped when I got them home from juvenile hall, and Goodwill would have gotten a couple of skateboards.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
Originally posted by mandingo
See Rules #4, #5
Are you trying to be "Ironical"?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:01:21 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 10:37:56 AM »
Originally posted by indy007
Okay, 0:34 seconds in, you can hear the cop say "I tell you to stop, you tell everybody to keep going?!"

That adds some context. The cop attempted to stop them, and they tried to run.

Like it or not, skateboarding ordnances exist because we have a lawsuit happy society. If little Jimmy fractures his skull because he tried to tail-slide a 9 foot rail, his parents can sue the city and win. That's a whole different topic for another day though.

The first kids "chokehold" is anything but. You hear no coughing, gagging, or spluttering. There's no gasp of breath when he lets him go. He had knee to belly control and could have very easily beat this kid senseless. He didn't bother with any of the other dozens (and far more painful) chokes or even a joint lock. He could've just mounted him, rolled him over, and then handcuffed him. He didn't do any of that. He actually took all of the pressure off of him and went back to verbal commands. You can tell from his leg positions and grips that the cop at least has a rudimentary grasp of grappling.

After he'd already ordered them to stop the first time, they're all resisting arrest with their non-compliance. That's why you don't argue with cops, even if it's something minor.  The second kid, I can only speculate since I wasn't there... was probably part of the original group asked to stop, and beat cheeks away after he told the cop he had a picture. The girl tried to run when ordered to sit, and was detained for it. The fourth kid stepped into the officer after he detained the girl, and got himself arrested.

I'm willing to bet y'all if the kids hadn't acted like *******s and run to begin with, none of this would've happened. It's silly to act like this is some violent act of aggression on behalf of police against skateboarding kids. He told them to stop, they ran. Pretty simple.

And I don't even like the police. I've been detained and handcuffed on the hood of my car 4 times without ever once being arrested. Friends that tried to run.. well, they went to jail.
You saved me a bunch of typing.   Excellent post Indy.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »
Every cop i've known is a power hungry control freak, and the opportunity to flex their authority, such as this one, probably gave that cop wood.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 11:31:29 AM »
Originally posted by jhookt
Every cop i've known is a power hungry control freak, and the opportunity to flex their authority, such as this one, probably gave that cop wood.

You must not know alot of cops then.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »
Originally posted by jhookt

You don't know too many cops.

I was an average deputy, and 90% of them were just like me. Here's what I told people:

I don't WANT to arrest you, it's a lot of hassle, and a lot of paperwork.

I don't WANT to hit you, that's even more hassle and paperwork.

I sure as Hell don't WANT to shoot you.

I don't really WANT to write you a ticket. I don't like paperwork, and I don't like to go to court if I don't have to.

If I pull you over, just treat me like you'd like to be treated. When I ask you if you know why I pulled you over, if you know you were wrong, just tell me the truth. If you don't know, I'll tell you. We'll talk, and I may not even have to write you up.

If I detain you, please, just follow my instructions, and let's see if we can keep this from going bad, or at least getting worse.

I am a law enforcement officer, I do have authority. If I'm exercising that authority, it is because some one has done some thing to cause me to have to. I'd rather not. PLEASE, don't escalate the situation. I won't be any happier about it than you will.

At the end of the day, I want to be able to go home. I want to go through the office and smile. I don't want to have to fill out excess paperwork. I don't want to explain why I HAD to arrest someone. I'd rather explain how I was able to work it out and let them go.

You have no idea how easy it is, and how great a day it is when you don't have to go through all the hassle necessary when it becomes necessary to use hand cuffs, a baton, or a gun.

As bad as it is for you when I HAVE to pull you over, detain you, or come pick you up, multiply that by 3-4 times, and understand that I have to repeat the process. It's unpleasant for you once. It's unpleasant for me several times the same day.

The only time I see you, the honest, law abiding citizen, is when something has gone wrong in your life. We only see the worst side of your life. We all hate that.

If you are in trouble, PLEASE don't get stupid. MAYBE I can help you. Don't make it worse by doing something stupid to make me have to make it harder on you.

If the JUDGE issues a warrant for you, hitting me, cussing me, or spitting on me WON'T make the warrant go away. It won't make me go away. It'll only make everything worse. Then I can't even tell the judge you at least were co-operative. I can't tell the judge anything good about you, and he's going to ask. When I HAVE to tell him how bad you were, it won't help your case.

It's a job, most of us do it because we want to do the right thing. Just like you, the easier our job goes, the better we like it. Just like you don't want some chump to come to your job, make you do everything the hard way, and treat you like crap, we don't want it either.

Try to remember that some time. Especially when one of us doesn't get to go home to his or her family, because they got killed or maimed doing a job you can't, won't, or don't want to do.

I gave it up, because the department doesn't support you for political reasons sometimes, because my family couldn't live on the crappy salary, and because   sometimes it just doesn't work out the way you want it to, no matter how hard you try to work with people.

SaVaGe

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »
Originally posted by Tango
You must not know alot of cops then.

I would have to agree, this type of behavior is rare, I normally see it in the young guys.

By the time they become old guys they have matured or have been weeded out.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
Through my own experiences with law enforcement, from being a person of interest to just being a witness to what transpired, I've found that most police officers are more than willing to show respect when shown respect. In most cases they're also more than willing to get a full account of things when shown that respect instead of just hauling one off to get booked just because he has the authority. In most cases, if you show them the utmost respect and compliance (depending on what you did ofcourse) they'll often let you go with a warning or misdemeanor violation. If the officer is a raging harda** at least you won't get brutalized :D

Of course it's always your right to exercise you right of free speech and give the officer a hard time, just expect a hard time in return.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 11:58:22 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
If MY kids had done it, they'd have gotten their tulips whipped when I got them home from juvenile hall, and Goodwill would have gotten a couple of skateboards.

BS you would be sueing that cops bellybutton off. I know if I had kids and an adult had put his hands on them, cop or no cop I would have found him off duty and give him a peace of my mind AND fist, expesualy if I was the girls father.

NO adult has the right to put thier hands on a young kid like that. And yes when you put your hand around someones thought its choking. He may not have been puting all he had into it but its still over the top. A simple knee on the chest would have been enough (looking at his waist line it would have been more then enough) and hold one hand while your getting the cuffs. Once you got that hand cuffed twist the arm while standing up to get him to roll over. If he doesnt you twist more and he will. Again knee across the lower back while you get the other hand in.

Simple as that.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:00:53 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner