Author Topic: This is Frikken BS!!!  (Read 2964 times)

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2007, 03:39:10 PM »
It's easier and less paperwork to just throw them in jail.

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »
Like others have said... we don't know what happened to initiate the contact with the officer... so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there...

But when the kid with the cell phone picture ran and got away the officer seemed to take out his frustrations on those who remained... and that's not good IMHO.

From what we see in the tape, it does appear that he was more physical than required, but who knows... maybe there is more to the tape.

I dunno... the guy seems like a tool to me.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2007, 03:57:40 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
What would be your suggestion on how to handle mouthy kids who don't listen to instruction?

for starters, don't instigate the situation to the point where i as an officer would need to be kneeling on a 16y/o with my hand around his throat.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2007, 04:03:40 PM »
Originally posted by jhookt
for starters, don't instigate the situation to the point where i as an officer would need to be kneeling on a 16y/o with my hand around his throat.

Yes, that would be advice for the mouthy disrespectful kids, right?

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14
just take the skateboards similar to the street racing law where they crush cars

Not bad.

Being that these kids were prone to run and not listen to instruction, how would you propose the officer take the skateboards from the kids?

Offline AcId

• Silver Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2007, 04:05:46 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack

ack-ack

especially at the skate park :aok

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »
for starters, don't instigate the situation to the point where i as an officer  would need to be kneeling on a 16y/o with my hand around his throat.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 05:05:29 PM by jhookt »

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2007, 04:11:55 PM »
[

Who should not instigate the situation to that point?  The officer or the kids?

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
BS you would be sueing that cops bellybutton off. I know if I had kids and an adult had put his hands on them, cop or no cop I would have found him off duty and give him a peace of my mind AND fist, expesualy if I was the girls father.

NO adult has the right to put thier hands on a young kid like that. And yes when you put your hand around someones thought its choking. He may not have been puting all he had into it but its still over the top. A simple knee on the chest would have been enough (looking at his waist line it would have been more then enough) and hold one hand while your getting the cuffs. Once you got that hand cuffed twist the arm while standing up to get him to roll over. If he doesnt you twist more and he will. Again knee across the lower back while you get the other hand in.

Simple as that.

Actually the police have the authority to do "put their hands on a young kid" like that. In a urination for distance contest, the cop always wins

These kids pushed the issue way past riding a piece of wood. He looked absurd doing it and I question his judgement, but officer friendly indeed had the legal authority to do everything he did.

The bruise the officer got chasing after the track star could earn that kid a felony charge, cops are very good at "milking" injuries because the benefits are great and it helps the case get filed.

After shift officer friendly will develop a limp that will fester into a painful "bone injury" requiring he take a week off, maybe 2...fully paid.. to see a Doc, go to physical therapy and sit around the house drinking beer while earning $42.70 per hr.

Meanwhile there's an injured on duty report, MD reports, the police report, photos, xrays, MRI's... lots of official paperwork documenting the officers suffering because of this reckless wood riding rouge... stuff the DA gets all excited about and decides to "send a message" to the unwashed skateboarding punk scoff-laws.

Of course the dept. media liaison will make sure pictures of the injured hero, along with a positive message TV news story warning of the "hidden dangers of skateboarding every parent needs to know only on ch 2 at 7PM".

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
Being that these kids were prone to run and not listen to instruction, how would you propose the officer take the skateboards from the kids?

Shoot the wheels off.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2007, 04:16:45 PM »
the officer should not have instigated the situation to the point where he would be required to use physical force to detain the initial delinquent.

and instead of nitpicking why don't you weigh in with you opinion on whether you think the cops actions were severe or not

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2007, 04:52:11 PM »
the officer should not have instigated the situation to the point where he would be required to use physical force to detain the initial delinquent.

and instead of nitpicking why don't you weigh in with you opinion on whether you think the cops actions were severe or not

If I say, "hey, stop."

You say, "Go go go!" and take off with your friends.

How the hell am I supposed to stop you in a manner that's not phsyical in some form?

I'm still of the opinion that that is not a choke. His arm is bent, and he's not postured to put down weight on his throat. It looks more like he's just holding him there. Just because the kid with the camera is yelling it's a choke, doesn't mean it is. How would he know anyway? He's not the one being pinned.

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 05:02:20 PM »
in the video you can also see the cop grab the girl around the neck...he should have called for a female officer but cops will be cops:rolleyes:

Offline Cougar68

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 05:03:38 PM »

Did the officer instigate?  Or did the youngsters fleeing the police and shouting obscenities at the officer instigate it?  

I've had several run-ins with the police and have never gotten more than a ticket.  It's amazing what showing respect towards people that put their lives on the line every day to keep your hide safe will do.  People that walk around with a chip on their shoulder ready to fight officers that are "always out to get them" amazingly end up getting in trouble.

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
This is Frikken BS!!!
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
If I say, "hey, stop."

You say, "Go go go!" and take off with your friends.

How the hell am I supposed to stop you in a manner that's not phsyical in some form?

I'm still of the opinion that that is not a choke. His arm is bent, and he's not postured to put down weight on his throat. It looks more like he's just holding him there. Just because the kid with the camera is yelling it's a choke, doesn't mean it is. How would he know anyway? He's not the one being pinned.

the cop's actions prior to where the video begins aren't available, so to assume all he said was stop, cant be supported by fact. and given the aggressive nature shown through out the film i suspect he said a bit more than " hey stop, you can't skate here due to city ordinance." but again it cant supported so who knows.

as for hi arm being bent and not being in a choking posture, i totally disagree. with an extreme weight advantage over the kid i am pretty sure he wouldn't have to apply too much pressure to make the kids face turn white.