Author Topic: Question for the masses  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Well, I did my part, I shot him down once during that mess. As I was coming in to shoot him with my 262 I recall somebody on range saying "don't shot him yet, he's dropping supplies for us"

Well, At first I thought he was dropping them for enemy GVs and that our guys could steal them, so I popped his wing anyways. Then I realized the enemy GV were further away. Was kinda glad I popped him.

They want supplies they can bring their own, dadgummit! We had an airfield and a vehicle field on that island, plenty of opportunity to bring our own supplies!.

P.S. I mean knits can bring other knits supplies, GVers don't have to get their own, but it should be a knit. Any enemy is fair game before he ever drops. Period.

WTG Krusty, a couple of squaddies got him also when he was back Knit.

Was wierd flying alonside his goon in a Knit Pink Spit IA at V46 with not a Bish touching me and them all nailing him :) .
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Question for the masses
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 10:48:18 AM »
Originally posted by Kev367th
His name for those who asked -
VVI10

There's no record of this person having played.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »
It might have been a variation of that. I definitely remember that name, though.

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 11:28:28 AM »
HTC won't do anything about it. Just like they don't care if people give away CV positions, sit idle in shore batteries, or switch countries and spy on each other.

Sure it's lame.....cheating? No. Punishable? Only by other players in their squad.
A rook was doing this in an M3 in TT the other day. I kept popping him from the air. After five times he spawns a flak so I land it, come back in an M8, and pop his newly spawned M3 again.

After that he logged. :D

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 12:00:01 PM »
I was on the recieving end of the supplies.  I had no idea where they came from.  I agree making supplies nations specific but there are issues with that one to.  Is it cheating......COME ON.....it is war guys.  Did the Germans use our supplies to survive....OF COURSE.....Fuel I pretty much know could be interchanged.  So as far as I am concerned all is fair.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
Who cares.  How did an enemy C47 get that close to the base to begin with, regardless of who's side he was on.

Come on, a base under assault and a C47 get's within dropping range?  Bigger problem than who's side he was on.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 12:28:07 PM »
My Goodness!! The Horror!!!!!!

when does school start back up again?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Question for the masses
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
Who cares.  How did an enemy C47 get that close to the base to begin with, regardless of who's side he was on.

Come on, a base under assault and a C47 get's within dropping range?  Bigger problem than who's side he was on.

It was a friendly C47 dropping supplies to his buddies in enemy GVs, that way he wouldn't get shot down. Friendly couldn't, and enemies were busy waiting for supplies.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 12:39:30 PM »
Originally posted by ROC

Well, I wasn't there but when the C-47 is a FRIENDLY dropping supplies to the enemy he can get as close to the base as he damn well pleases.

My guess is he got that close by taking off there.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »
Originally posted by ROC

ROC it was a bish base under attack and a bish C47 dropping supplies at the knit spawn.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »
the rooks are doing anything that they can do to get the upper advantage as ive seen another post about them joing bishes side and telling the rooks what we are doing maybe they should stop
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:23 PM »
Originally posted by P47Gra
I was on the recieving end of the supplies.  I had no idea where they came from.  I agree making supplies nations specific but there are issues with that one to.  Is it cheating......COME ON.....it is war guys.  Did the Germans use our supplies to survive....OF COURSE.....Fuel I pretty much know could be interchanged.  So as far as I am concerned all is fair.

No idea where they coming form?

Explain this from Krustys post then -

"Well, I did my part, I shot him down once during that mess. As I was coming in to shoot him with my 262 I recall somebody on range saying "don't shot him yet, he's dropping supplies for us"

Yes - It was a Knit who switched to Bish and took off from a Bish base and flew to the spawn (30 secs).

We couldn't kill him - killshooter
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:53:33 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Question for the masses
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 01:15:18 PM »
all the more reason to go back to a system that encourages team loyalty
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline xBishsquaddie

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Kev367th - U did what?
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 01:21:53 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

It was me who swapped to kill him.

Whatever this dweeb was doing with supplies, what were YOU thinking Kev?
Did you communicate with your squad during this?  What about the CV locations or missions?  

Very stupid move Kev367th.  You just dropped 10 notches on the "respect scale"

This is another reason why I left the BISHOPS.

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
Question for the masses
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 01:25:25 PM »
This is another reason why I left the BISHOPS.

:rofl
DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart