Author Topic: Bad Hurricane Season or No?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
Bad Hurricane Season or No?
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
You know, if they keep predicting "the worst hurricane season on record".  Eventually they will be correct.
Then they'll all jump up and down pointing out they were right.
:rolleyes:

Bronk

Thats a good point Bronk, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.:D

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2007, 01:40:06 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
blah blah blah I dont know what Im talking about blah blah blah

lazs

Heres a question for you laz.
Is surface water temperature a factor when it comes to hurricane strenght?

If it is, and if we can show that the temperature of the surface water increases...are there any predictions to be made from that?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2007, 08:57:15 AM »
moray... you can't even put out a forest fire or predict the weather next week much less next year and yet... you feel that you understand why the climate gets warmer and colder in cycles and that you can pin most of the blame on man...

Even worse... you think that we can do something about it.  even tho we can't put out a fire or predict the weather.   you will simply fade into the background when we go into a global cooling cycle... not the least bit contrite..  you will still be as smug as you are today..

You simply hate people... you feel that "your work" is important but not anyones who does not agree with you.

You are correct that we want fema disbanded for different reasons... you want people who you think are inferior to die... I want a government to not grow and control... you want more government control... to me... you are the enemy.

You will say anything because to you.. the end justifies the means.   That is what is wrong with the politicized "scientists" of today.    They don't realize that the means are all we have... what we live with... the end is almost always a huge load of pompous BS.

Study your fish... have a good time.. you might even be of some help in that area.. don't pretend to understand what does or doesn't create global climate and global climate change.

It doesn't matter... people are starting to come to their senses... people are saying as I do... you guys are always wrong... you are undoubtably mostly wrong on this and they won't allow you to make their lives worse over it..  sure...it is fun to think of disaster but when it comes to you buffoons changing their REAL lives they ignore you.

AS THEY SHOULD.

lazs

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2007, 11:24:37 AM »
I guess my question was too complicated for him then.

Offline AKH

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2007, 02:12:44 AM »
Be fair - give him some time to compose a rant...
AKHoopy Arabian Knights
google koan: "Your assumptions about the lives of others are in direct relation to your naïve pomposity."

storch

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2007, 07:40:46 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Heres a question for you laz.
Is surface water temperature a factor when it comes to hurricane strenght?

If it is, and if we can show that the temperature of the surface water increases...are there any predictions to be made from that?

surface water temperature is indeed one of the factors which directly affect hurricane strength.  

I was reading an article written by lonnie thompson a glaciologist with ohio state university and possibly the premier glaciologist today.  thompson is documenting glacial ice in retreat in both hemispheres simultaneously.  according to thompson, since 1960 the global area covered by glaciers has been reduced by approximately 5% and their volume by more than 7% or approximately 90 cubic miles.  thats enough water to fill lake erie.  

this water is of course cold water, near freezing cold and furthermore it is also fresh water which is far denser tha salt water.  our planet's climate is controlled by the earth's water conveyor system in the great oceans.  this cold water flowing into the atlantic, pacific, and indian oceans sinking to great depths threatens to disrupt the ocean conveyor system.  some scientists believe that a partial shut down will gradually decrease the global atmospheric temperatures ushering in another mini iceage.  

there is great dissention within the scientific community regarding global warming and it's potential effects.  in other words the facts aren't in yet.  there is wild speculation a lot of which is simply envy of the united states on the part of europeans and the availability of grant money from organizations with a one world government agenda who are not above a by any means necessary approach to accomplish their goals is driving some scientists with huge ego problems to post questionable hypothesies for their paymasters.

there is significant evidence that the global carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere are considerably higher than they were prior to the start of the industrial revolution.  according to paleoclimatologist maureen raymo of boston university water traps carbon dioxide and dissolves the gas in the atmosphere which then comes down as acid rain which then reacts with rocks to become more stable carbon compounds.  with increased hurricanes comes increased rain which more rapidly increases the catalyzation of atmospheric CO2 into acid rain which could actually bring about global cooling and more iceages.

here are but two examples of global warming creating the conditions which will usher in global cooling down the road.  these swings in global temperatures are documented in those great timecapsules called glaciers.  core samples from glaciers from both hemispheres document that the earth has wild swings in temperature.

personally I see no reason why we should halt our economy allowing the chinese and the indians to catch up because some europeans and american liberal one worldists say so.

the use of alternative methods for fueling our societies will be developed just as soon as we consume all the fossil fuels on the planet.

now excuse me as I fire up my my 13mpg SUV for a drive into my greenhouse gas producing shop so that I can earn a living.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2007, 07:46:43 AM »
So, acid rain is a good thing I suppose?

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

storch

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2007, 07:49:31 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
So, acid rain is a good thing I suppose?

if it helps to put you in grown men's trousers because bermuda is freezing, yes.

(you really shouldn't provoke me)

:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2007, 08:03:36 AM »
I didn't realise that posting an on topic question provoked an off topic jab.  It is all you ever do and it is getting old and boring.  Answer the question.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2007, 08:04:31 AM »
I can't answer as to what causes hurricanes or if there will be more or less of them this year or next or why that may be.

Unlike your "man made global warming"... er... "scientists"..  I don't even try.   My point is that the same people who claim they know all about global warming claim that it, and man, is the reason for increased hurricane activity.. they predict hurricane frequency based on their "models" that are also telling us that the ice caps will melt in 10 or 20 years and drown 90% of the population just before we all die of either starvation or burn to a cinder because we drive the wrong car or don't give enough money to the UN.

I am saying that... based on their current ability as scientists... they can't predict next weeks weather... they can't predict next years hurricanes and... they can't tell us when we will go into a global cooling cycle or if we will have one or not (unless they study sun spot activity of course)

I am saying that if they predict the worst hurricane season ever...  enough times that the odds are... someday they will be right.. so far tho.. the worst gambler has better luck than these scientists when it comes to predicting doom and gloom.

I say they don't have the ability.   It's time to take a look behind the curtain for some of you acolytes.

so far as global warming...

ITS THE SUN STUPID

so far as predicting long term weather?   get a farmers almanac.. they do better.

lazs

storch

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2007, 08:11:51 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
I didn't realise that posting an on topic question provoked an off topic jab.  It is all you ever do and it is getting old and boring.  Answer the question.
look at the fifteenth word in what you consider to be my off topic reply.

here's a clue, the word is short containing but three letters and is monosyballic.

look carefully.  that which you seek is there.

:D

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2007, 08:15:21 AM »
So you think that acid rain is a good thing...generally, and nothing to do with Bermuda shorts?

Wow.

storch

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2007, 08:17:47 AM »
now why are you bringing shorts into this discussion?  :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2007, 08:32:14 AM »
What would the hurricane season be like next year if we all slit our throats this afternoon?

Would the elimination of the human race stop the globe from warming?

here's a hint...

ITS THE SUN STUPID

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »
Originally posted by storch
now why are you bringing shorts into this discussion?  :D

You are like a little child Storch...honestly.