Author Topic: Ghost ship  (Read 841 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« on: July 09, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
I was messin around in the blue arena with my squadie and I. so I said lets land somthing on the carrier 62 was the ship so he said yea lets do it I told him lets go to A56 and we will land 38's on it so he responded no lets go to A9 it closer to that than 56 so  said no its not its at the port than than A9.

so I said land at your carrier and ill land on mine so we landed on each of our carrier and both of us did not see eachother so i tookoff again and found him floating in midair i was flying below him and shooting and the whole shibang so he took off and I landed on my carrier yet again he did not see the carrier that I was on.

eventually the came to the same paths and they were on again.

but what is the problem there?
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Ghost ship
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 06:05:38 PM »
its internet lag.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 10:59:42 AM »
Originally posted by SpikesX
its internet lag. [/QUOTE

my computer will never get internet lag because I use cable internet.

also how would it happen to two people at the same time
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Ghost ship
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 11:21:31 AM »
a cable connection will get internet lag just as easy as dial up, it depends on running through the same internet servers, and when one gets clogged up you'll get lag.

Packet loss and lag will tell each of the computers only what info gets thru. If the packet that says to draw a cv, doesn't make it, you won't see it.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Ghost ship
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:00:14 PM »
Originally posted by Bosco123
Originally posted by SpikesX
its internet lag. [/QUOTE

my computer will never get internet lag because I use cable internet.

also how would it happen to two people at the same time [/B]

I use cable also, I get it.

EDIT: Ever see when a mission takes off and they are floating over water, while you are on the CV?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:16:53 PM »
but the problem is that their both the same carriers their floating miles away from the carrier that I saw and it wasn't my computer
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »
Internet lag is caused by run-on sentences.

Basically what happens is, all the comma's and periods get jammed up in the internet because people don't use them. The internet piping isn't big enough to house all the punctuation marks ( a bother, I know, but what can you do) so they end up clogging up the works, kind of like when you drop a two coiler and it won't flush.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but until you start using up some of these wayward marks, you can look forward to increased internet lag.

cheers,
RTR
The Damned

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »
RTR thats is not funny there is no point at all to put periods commas semicolins or anything in an internet blog
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Ghost ship
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »
RTR thats is not funny there is no point at all to put periods commas semicolins or anything in an internet blog

....you mean other than to give structure, definition, and meaning to your sentences?

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »

It should be considered a matter of courtesy.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 03:40:21 PM »
The "just because it's the internet" is a lame excuse. I'd like to actually read the thread presented in a way as most of us have learned (hopefully) all through shool.

Some of us cringe when we hear "rusty hinge" voices on vox. I for one don't want eye-strain either.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 04:42:30 PM »
Originally posted by -sudz-
It should be considered a matter of courtesy.

do you think its internet lag sudz because being in another square mile is realy wierd.

the fkying trucks and and the cargo ship on land is one thing but this is realy weird
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
United States Marine

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Ghost ship
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 07:33:47 PM »
(  <-----waves hand over head from front to back and makes that "zooooom"  sound)

Here, let me help:

im not sure if im rilly getting the ideas of what the porblem is but i will try to see what is up wit that anyway when u get the lags its a porblem with internets sometimes like when you have a bee in yer bonet an teh like that when the carreers are steeming aways away when im on one and hes on another when hes in the air an i shoot it goes rite under him so its a porblem but mny computer is not in the mixed up part. now if you have some extra prosessed runnings in task manager when you are on ahes high and carrers are duplicating bulllets under teh wings and stuff soemtimes when you get rid of  some processes in task manager like say down to 20 or so running before you launch AH thne the CPU can work better because AH uses almost 100% of cpu stuff and if there is too much stuff running in teh back ground it takes reources away form AH to be able to run porperly also you need to make sure you have the correct drivers for youyr videmo cart and if you have onboard sound you can try turning teh sounds hardware accelerator back a notch like say at teh 3/4 mark instaed of at the full mark where it always trys to be at anyway you can get thre from teh desktop by clciking start run type in dxdiag and hit eneter wait for teh bar to get fille duop and clcik on teh sound tab to make that adjustment.

whew!

Hope this helps!

cheers,
RTR
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:43:30 PM by RTR »
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Ghost ship
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 07:10:35 AM »
.....ummmm Like WOW RTR !... I'm mean like really!  :D

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Ghost ship
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »
I was messin around in the blue arena with my squadie and I. so I said lets land somthing on the carrier 62 was the ship so he said yea lets do it I told him lets go to A56 and we will land 38's on it so he responded no lets go to A9 it closer to that than 56 so  said no its not its at the port than than A9.

so I said land at your carrier and ill land on mine so we landed on each of our carrier and both of us did not see eachother so i tookoff again and found him floating in midair i was flying below him and shooting and the whole shibang so he took off and I landed on my carrier yet again he did not see the carrier that I was on.

eventually the came to the same paths and they were on again.

but what is the problem there?

Teh grammarZ
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.