Author Topic: Music  (Read 553 times)

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Music
« on: July 12, 2007, 06:45:37 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it, but oh well....

I personally love to fly with music. It's relaxing and helps me 'stay cool' when the game gets to me. As of late, I've been flying with my ipod earphones under my gaming mic.

What do you guys think of something that incorporates some kind of music interface into the game? A simple feature that would allow mp3 files to be streamed with AH. Also, there could be a feature that reduces the volume when a squaddie is talking.

Another, less realistic dream would be the ability to stream playlists composed by squadmates into a music jukebox in which all can listen to. That would be pretty cool. Can you imagine coming up on 4 p51's swaying their airplanes to  (insert favorite artist or band)? :O

Just a few thoughts, let me know what you think.

<>
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Music
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 06:49:42 PM »
Originally posted by TwentyFo
A simple feature that would allow mp3 files to be streamed with AH. Also, there could be a feature that reduces the volume when a squaddie is talking.

Another, less realistic dream would be the ability to stream playlists composed by squadmates into a music jukebox in which all can listen to.

It ain't happenin' on my dial-up.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Music
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 06:50:59 PM »
I'd prefer not having the servers clogged with stuff like this. I'd also prefer the coders in the game to keep coding something along the lines of Planes and Maps.

Stream into a team speak server that doesn't affect the bandwidth for the rest of us.

There, you got a thought :D
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Music
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »
I have the same problem, I love listening to music while flying but you can't really talk on vox with it going, I've tryed turning the volume down on Winamp but it turns the AH volume down too.  Something in the game that turns it down when someonwe says something or you say something on vox would be good.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Music
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:59:30 PM »
A music player would have nothing to do with the bandwith. Simply put, a feature that would allow music to be played and muted automatically when someone speaks.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Music
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 07:06:13 PM »
try a splitter.

Have the ipod and computer out jack go into 1 end of the splitter, and have your headphones on the other end.  All 3 on the splitter would have to have female recepticles.  The cables from your computer to the splitter, and from the ipod to the splitter, would each have 2 male ends.

Then you can adjust the volumes independently, and htc can keep working on CT, and new MA stuff.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
Music
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »
I play music on the cd player ~ entirely outside of the computer. I don't hear a dang thing at all on any channel if music's on the computer.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline DoLbY

• Copper Member
Music
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »
I like listening to Pantera, old Metallica, just other metal bands....I think my favorite one when I am attacking a base is '' B.Y.O,B" :aok

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Music
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 07:16:03 PM »
I have seen splitters used in general aviation aircraft. In between the push to talk and mic, there is a device in which you can plug your headset and cd player into. When ATC isnt talking music is playing, when they push their mic's the music is muted and communication takes place. Hmmm, I wonder if I can find a digital version that does the same?
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Music
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 07:23:04 PM »
http://www.impactacoustics.com/product.asp?cat_id=903&sku=27027

This is the type i was talking about, from a google search.

I don't know of any that are "smart" enough to differentiate between a machine gun sound in game, to a vox transmission.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Music
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
I usually listen to Howard Stern on my Sirius boombox while I'm flying.

But...if you're looking for in-flight music, you should check out the system in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nt0PYMJ3uA&mode=related&search=
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
Music
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 07:45:52 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
I usually listen to Howard Stern on my Sirius boombox while I'm flying.

But...if you're looking for in-flight music, you should check out the system in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nt0PYMJ3uA&mode=related&search=

:rofl:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
Music
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 11:32:03 PM »
I play windows media player while i'm flying. i just lower the volume on the media player so i can hear the vox.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Music
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 12:06:37 AM »
Originally posted by jhookt
I play windows media player while i'm flying. i just lower the volume on the media player so i can hear the vox.
I've done the same for 4 years.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
Music
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 12:29:14 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I've done the same for 4 years.

My SA is horrible.. ;) I'd die listening to music haha Only way i see soneone is tracers. :lol j.k somewhat.. But i agree with them about this. Just open up media player and listen.

:aok
Das Muppets