Author Topic: Music  (Read 554 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Music
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 12:30:17 AM »
Originally posted by Avaro
My SA is horrible.. ;) I'd die listening to music haha Only way i see soneone is tracers. :lol j.k somewhat.. But i agree with them about this. Just open up media player and listen.

:aok
Listening to music IMO, increases your SA, because it keeps you toggling the hats.   Also, if Pink Floyd is playing, as my squaddies know, I rarely hear vox.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline jeebusro

• Zinc Member
      • http://isawsome.net
Music
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:18 AM »
Originally posted by toonces3
I usually listen to Howard Stern on my Sirius boombox while I'm flying.

But...if you're looking for in-flight music, you should check out the system in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nt0PYMJ3uA&mode=related&search=

Stern is a tool. Opie and Anthony ftw!

WoW!!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Music
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 12:50:11 AM »
Opie and Anthony are tools.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Music
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
First off, you don't want a splitter, what you want is a "ducker".
I use em doing audio for corporate events where there are more than one speaker on the stage and one of them is working as a moderator or such. What they do is interrupt a specified signal when another is active. Like a side chain compressor.  Probably too much for a game setup.
What I do is use a small mixer in my rig. Not only can I listen to any input or combination thereof but if the phone rings or I need to pay attention to another source, all I do is throw done a fader. It also helps getting the various input volumes under control. I also use a crossover to send lfo to a sub.  That along with a bit of verb and dogfights take on a whole new character.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Music
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
Use the SEARCH Button. There are many threads on this topic.

You can play music with Aces high on. Just leave Media Player or I tunes up in the background while you play the game. Use the Buttons on your key board to control it.
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
Music
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 01:20:47 PM »
Originally posted by Thruster
First off, you don't want a splitter, what you want is a "ducker".
I use em doing audio for corporate events where there are more than one speaker on the stage and one of them is working as a moderator or such. What they do is interrupt a specified signal when another is active. Like a side chain compressor.  

He wants something that will cut out the music on vox transmissions only. Wont the ducker cut out the music at all times as long as there's an engine or machine guns or any other sound from the game?
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
Music
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 09:45:10 AM »
Excellent point, but not really, the trigger threshold can be adjusted so the unit engages when a certain level is exceeded. A bit of volume adjustment would be required in the game's sounds dialog.
I don't think it's the way to go but it could work. There may even be a sorft version but I don't know of any and that would require more apps to be open when the game's running. I use my setup to keep the computer focused on running AH and to have access to all audio inputs all the time,

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Music
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »
If you play A/H long enough, it will begin to fry your brain. Which isn't nesacerly a bad thing, as it will open doors in your brain that have music allready on demand. Albeit "in your head"...nope we don't need no D.J. here. carry on gents.:D
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......