Author Topic: Dodging the head-on on the second merge  (Read 3264 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Dodging the head-on on the second merge
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2007, 12:27:31 PM »
When you said "On my upwards lead turn, I may have given up some E, but I transferred it to ALT " you should have said; On my upwards lead turn, I may have given up some SPEED, but I transferred it to ALT.

No biggie but I see this on the boards all the time where the words Speed and E are interchangable.  They aren't.  I've explained this in the Help Forums before too and it was enlighting to see how many thought E was simply speed and then see the lightbulbs going on in their responses as they got it.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2007, 12:27:36 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Depends on how hard you pulled on the stick doesnt it?

As far as the 30 seconds go, that would have been the case anyway with you right?  HO or not, you most likely would have killed him in less than 30 seconds

I would think that the amount pull on the stick transferring kinetic to potential does determine the amount of potential ... but I have alt ABOVE (or at least thats what I want to achieve) my target.

30 seconds seems to be reasonable ... I will die within that time period or the other guy will ... longer than that is what I hope for for every dogfighting engagment.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
When you said "On my upwards lead turn, I may have given up some E, but I transferred it to ALT " you should have said; On my upwards lead turn, I may have given up some SPEED, but I transferred it to ALT.

No biggie but I see this on the boards all the time where the words Speed and E are interchangable.  They aren't.  I've explained this in the Help Forums before too and it was enlighting to see how many thought E was simply speed and then see the lightbulbs going on in their responses as they got it.

Your right ... I should have said I gave up kinetic energy for potential energy.

:aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot

30 seconds seems to be reasonable ... I will die within that time period or the other guy will ... longer than that is what I hope for for every dogfighting engagment.

:rofl I was talking about the other guy
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2007, 01:04:07 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
I usually find them in EW and MW almost every night. There can be some gangin' but it's the exception not the rule.

Cya there!

I must be playing in there at the wrong times.  The last couple of months when I've entered the MW, there was not one single fight going on.  Everyone was in extreme ends of the maps milk running.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
HOs
« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »
Funny! i have been on a HO rant for a month now!! I have found better than 90% of HOs against me are fron veteran pilots!! Isn't that interesting    :):rofl

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2007, 01:18:29 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
I must be playing in there at the wrong times.  The last couple of months when I've entered the MW, there was not one single fight going on.  Everyone was in extreme ends of the maps milk running.

ack-ack

LOL ... Toad and I will take off from a base/CV with rockets and he will announce over CH 200 ... "Hey Slappy, did u bring rockets or eggs for Axx town ?" ... then I will respond ... "oops !!!"

Once Axx starts blinking, we usually will get some lifters ... if not, we will then start dumping rockets on the town and then they start coming out like bees out of the hive.

Best to do this with a CV nearby so you can keep coming back at them and they keep coming out.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2007, 01:30:31 PM »
Slap and I are the UberAwesumness at base taking in MW and EW.

We are unstoppable! We are BaseBorgs!

If only I could stop accidentally announcing which base we are taking on CH 200, we would roll up an entire map in 1 hour!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Slap and I are the UberAwesumness at base taking in MW and EW.

We are unstoppable! We are BaseBorgs!

If only I could stop accidentally announcing which base we are taking on CH 200, we would roll up an entire map in 1 hour!

You guys reminded me of a funny story.  Remember Outkast?  Back in AH1 he deacked a field and waited for some uppers to vulch.  Since no one was taking off, he put something simillar on 200.  So, I rolled out of the FH and watched his 51 dive in for the vulch.  Problem was that he was too high and I had time to pull gear up :D

I rolled, he missed, I fired     :D ohhhhhhh 200 was so beautiffull after that.  He put SkyRock to shame :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.