Author Topic: Skyrock, heres that film of the 'ho'  (Read 10483 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Skyrock, heres that film of the 'ho'
« Reply #330 on: July 27, 2007, 08:17:51 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
:lol  Sax, what do you give the community?  I give then someone to fight!  They like it, or this thread wouldn't have a dozen or so pages already.   There was once a skit on "Alice", not much unlike what we go through as a community, whenever there is dissent, bring in a common enemy.  It is used until this day in stories and even in politics, it is Machiavellian in concept.  I like being this cat who you want to hate, I am way to nice in person to not enjoy the role of the hated on a WWII flight sim!  Fun!!! Fun!!!!

Mark

Holy Cow !!! ... if people buy that ... I have some bridges and land in Florida for sale too.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #331 on: July 27, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
No ... we all don't do it. "SlapShot" is simply a name that I chose because fighter pilots have a "handle" and that is what I chose to use.

When you encounter "SlapShot" in my virtual cockpit you are really dogfighting with Rich Hoyt ... not some alter-ego that I use to not be me.

The way I treat and react to people is NOT "SlapShot", it's Rich Hoyt ... my flying characteristics, the planes I chose to fly, and who I chose to fly with have nothing to do with "SlapShot" ... it's all Rich Hoyt.

I have been to 2 Cons and have had the opportunity to put faces to names, and I would say ... the people that I met in person ... were no different (personality-wise) than the "named" pilot that I knew in-game.

Here are the ones that I remember the most cause I hung with them the most.

NB
DmdCoach
DmdMax
DmdChief
DmdDano
JB42
JB73
Wax
Phantom
VegasX
Edbert
xbrit

Not one of them surprised me when I met them ... they were exactly what I had expected, and if I were to ever meet AKAK ... I don't think that I would be surprised by his RL personality compared to his online personality.
I believe we hung out in the Bar of the 2003 Con Hotel.   I'm not sure if you were there.   I know Octavius, fdski, Boxboy28, JB42, Rager, Vegas, Wax and I were there and it was great.   Looking back, I wish I wasn't as drunk as was, because you and I didn't really talk much.  

There will be another day to do that though.  

<> Rich

Jay (also not afraid to post a first name)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: July 27, 2007, 09:43:51 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
I believe we hung out in the Bar of the 2003 Con Hotel.   I'm not sure if you were there.   I know Octavius, fdski, Boxboy28, JB42, Rager, Vegas, Wax and I were there and it was great.   Looking back, I wish I wasn't as drunk as was, because you and I didn't really talk much.  

<> Rich

Where was the Con in '03?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #333 on: July 27, 2007, 10:32:59 AM »
Holy Cow !!! ... if people buy that ... I have some bridges and land in Florida for sale too.

Simply put, I do not "act" in real life as I do in AH.  It's really very simple.  If you see me at a con, I will not be introducing myself in any way like this, "Hello, I'm Mark and I own you, twit."  

So why are you concerned over how I portray myself ingame?  

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #334 on: July 27, 2007, 10:47:27 AM »

Jay (also not afraid to post a first name) [/B]

I'm afraid to post my first name.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #335 on: July 27, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey

Fine, we'll just call you "Steve".

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: July 27, 2007, 10:56:55 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Fine, we'll just call you "Steve".

:lol
:aok

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: July 27, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
I also feel you don’t need a persona to play, and I’d say that 98% of the people in the AH community do not use a persona to play the game.  I also do not see the need for a persona.  But I’ve read all of the post from the beginning, and one thing just stands out to me.  And I am no psychologist, just my observations.  It seems that there is an inherit struggle between “Skyrock” and “Mark”.  “Mark posts typically are well mannered and seem almost genuine, and then there is “Skyrock’s” posts, evil spirited and usually ending in a negative connotation.  IMO I’d rather fly against “Mark”, as I often tell my fiancé, I play this game because I enjoy flying, I’ve always be interested in the WWII generation of planes/tanks, and the people in the community are fantastic, I have flown Bishop from my start, so many of the Rooks and Knights I do not know.  People like BushLT, ThndrEgg, 1yBuzz, the LTARs, the 367th and the Arabian Knights just to name a few that make the game enjoyable.  These are good people and help make the game.  

So with that being said, ditch “Skyrock” and bring in the “Mark” that we’ve heard about over the last couple of days. <>  5PointOh (Nathan)
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #338 on: July 27, 2007, 11:12:47 AM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Most are "because this is the evil internet".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #339 on: July 27, 2007, 11:13:48 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Where was the Con in '03?
Indianapolis.   It caused a bunch of whining at the time.   However, it had one of the best attendances, go figure.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: July 27, 2007, 11:46:38 AM »

I've got some flood planes err I mean real estate in Gloucestershire going surprisingly cheap:aok

Any suck err anyone interested ?

oh yer.....  Steve Barronbourne
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 01:24:43 PM by LYNX »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #341 on: July 27, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »

<> Rich

I was there ... and yes I hung out at the bar mostly with 38MAW, TMAW, and RedMAW due to the fact that I was in the MAW at the time and the real impetus to attend the con was to meet some squaddies.

Mind you, I had a blast and met all those guys you listed and more ... fdski was a hoot ... another guy, forgot his orginal handle but I knew him most as AHGOD. Man was he fun, and funny guy ... and liked to DRINK.

Loved the guest speaker who came with Curval ... the 'ol British gent that flew the Swordfish in WWII ... man did he have some stories to tell.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:58:43 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Irwink!

• Nickel Member
      • http://msn.com
« Reply #342 on: July 27, 2007, 12:41:11 PM »
Coincidentally there was an article in this morning's local paper detailing a guy in nothern VA who had driven 1200 miles to somewhere in Texas who upon arrival proceeded to  torch the trailer of some guy who had insulted him on some picture sharing forum. The insulter managed to escape with his life suffering from smoke inhalation only.

No matter what ridiculous excuses one can manage to manufacture/rationalize in their heads about "acting", role playing, etc. - there's only one word that occurs to me as regards the individual at the center of this thread and that is pathetic. I'm a little suprised that this thread hasn't been locked or that the "persona" hasn't been tossed from the forum and the game. The fact that neither has happened doesn't reflect very well on HTC imo. Whatever...

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »
Indianapolis.   It caused a bunch of whining at the time.   However, it had one of the best attendances, go figure.

That year sucked. I was working in Indy, downtown even, (with a squaddie, ironically), and still couldn't go. A more centrally located con would be nice- doesn't even have to be this far east.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
Originally posted by Irwink!
there's only one word that occurs to me as regards the individual at the center of this thread and that is pathetic.  

LMAO!  So it is OK for you to come on here and attack someone you don't know, but if I do it, it's wrong?  You just attacked me unprovoked...............pot. ......meet kettle!  

By the way,  SkyRock<--------owns IRwinkyboy!:aok

PS  By the way IRtwit,  get off my ankle!:rolleyes:

Mark
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 01:49:01 PM by SkyRock »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"