Author Topic: Open carry test  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Makarov9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org/
Open carry test
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 04:09:20 PM »
'RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!"

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Open carry test
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 04:12:47 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Interesting video.  The guy's friend is an annoying tard.

times a bazillion!!!!

He could have made a easy situation very dangerous...

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Open carry test
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 04:33:46 PM »
protect and serve at work.

"don't block the sidewalk"
"the signs are illegal"
"turn off the camera"
:rofl

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Open carry test
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 05:00:38 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
Wow that was some poor officer safety... the state troop had his gun hand in pocket, then he uses his gun hand to write / use radio, no arms distance, no gun side protection, all while letting an armed individual stand there holding a phone that could have easily been used as a weapon.

Meanwhile the portly dude has both hands in his pockets and is allowing the annoying guy to flail his arms and walk around with out one "watch your back" to his partner. He's in an obvious crossfire with no attempt to control the situation, zero command presence... at one point several cops had their backs to the armed dude... not very sharp.

Personally, either the armed dude sits, puts hands where I can see them and does everything I say when I say, or he goes to jail for delaying / obstructing (Ca PC148). The instant he didn't put the cell phone down, he goes to jail... the police don't have to argue with people into compliance re: officer safety.

Same with Mr annoying, he stays far enough away so as not to interfere, or he goes to jail too... situation over.

Wow, thats a major erosion of the rights of the citizen in the U.S.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Open carry test
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 05:26:33 PM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp

Yeah makes you glad he is just one of the board crackpots and not a cop anymore.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Open carry test
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
Wow that was some poor officer safety... the state troop had his gun hand in pocket, then he uses his gun hand to write / use radio, no arms distance, no gun side protection, all while letting an armed individual stand there holding a phone that could have easily been used as a weapon.

Meanwhile the portly dude has both hands in his pockets and is allowing the annoying guy to flail his arms and walk around with out one "watch your back" to his partner. He's in an obvious crossfire with no attempt to control the situation, zero command presence... at one point several cops had their backs to the armed dude... not very sharp.

Personally, either the armed dude sits, puts hands where I can see them and does everything I say when I say, or he goes to jail for delaying / obstructing (Ca PC148). The instant he didn't put the cell phone down, he goes to jail... the police don't have to argue with people into compliance re: officer safety.

Same with Mr annoying, he stays far enough away so as not to interfere, or he goes to jail too... situation over.

I suppose you would have came up to the guy with your own weapon drawn and ordering him to the ground right? Or threatned him with arrest the first time he said no I don't have to give you that information?

There is allot more to officer presence than being a hard ass.

I've been stopped a few times while I've been openly carring my sidearm and it was no big deal. I got the basic "Sir do you have a permit for that weapon?" "Yes I do." "May I see it please?" "Sure here you go." Officer calls it in on his radio, hands me back my permit and says "Have a nice day sir."

Now if an officer ever comes up to me and gives me a bunch of crap and starts ordering me around, we're going to have a problem. You can bet I'll be filling charges against the officer.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Open carry test
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
Originally posted by AquaShrimp

Nah, you could have sued his department for 26 bazillion dollars and you would have won.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Open carry test
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 05:35:38 PM »
Not to be seen as trying to erode anyone's rights, but I do have a question...

If he isn't required to show some sort of proof that he has the required permits, how are the police supposed to know he does in fact have them?

Don't get me wrong - I'm a big believer that the 2nd Amendment needs protecting - but at the same time, wouldn't it be fine to just show your ID real quick, and have the officer say, "Sorry for the delay, have a good one, Sir?"

It certainly beats standing around for 10 minutes in what could easily be a very nervous situation for everyone.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Open carry test
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33

Now if an officer ever comes up to me and gives me a bunch of crap and starts ordering me around, we're going to have a problem. You can bet I'll be filling charges against the officer.

This is an important thing to know:  you have a legal right to resist an unlawful arrest. Believe it or not, this includes deadly force.  If a cop pulls a gun on you in an unlawful arrest, and you end up killng the cop, you have committed no crime.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Open carry test
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 05:44:07 PM »
This is an important thing to know:  you have a legal right to resist an unlawful arrest. Believe it or not, this includes deadly force.  If a cop pulls a gun on you in an unlawful arrest, and you end up killng the cop, you have committed no crime.

Just make sure you're a millionaire with a great lawyer.  Cops lie too, and the same loopholes that can get you out of trouble can make your arrest "lawful" as well.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Open carry test
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 05:44:45 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
If he isn't required to show some sort of proof that he has the required permits, how are the police supposed to know he does in fact have them?

Many states do not require a permit for open carry.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
Open carry test
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »
Just make sure you're a millionaire with a great lawyer.  Cops lie too, and the same loopholes that can get you out of trouble can make your arrest "lawful" as well.

You call the right to resist an unlawful arrest a "loophole"?

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Open carry test
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 05:46:21 PM »
Many states do not require a permit for open carry.

Last time I checked it wasn't required in Cali, but the gun has to be unloaded and the law said the police could assume that it was loaded and stop you to check. (this was the last time I read the penal code on it years ago)

I would never try it here, Xmarine was a cali cop after all.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Open carry test
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 05:47:55 PM »
You call the right to resist an unlawful arrest a "loophole"?

Nope, don't think I did?

I'm just saying, that's a nice little law you've brought up, now welcome to the real world.  You kill a cop that tried to unlawfully arrest you, you're in trouble.

But hey, by all means, try it for yourself :rolleyes:
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Open carry test
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 05:56:24 PM »
Nope, don't think I did?

I'm just saying, that's a nice little law you've brought up, now welcome to the real world.  You kill a cop that tried to unlawfully arrest you, you're in trouble.

But hey, by all means, try it for yourself :rolleyes:

I think everyone here just wants the police to be polite when it is warranted and not come off like a giant hardon like Xmarine.