Author Topic: 2 GV exploits  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Relorian

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wtf.com
2 GV exploits
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
Originally posted by Fencer51
Everyone just remember that while all the above is BAD, just because you cannot figure out how you died not everyone is doing it.

By no means am i saying or thinking that everyone who kills me in a GV is doing this, nor do i think it is a large portion of the player base at all. There are more skilled GV drivers by far than i am. However the players that are using it need to stop with the "im not exploiting" attitude because lets face it, anything that makes it entirely possible to see someone who you'd not see normaly isnt a "Feature".

For testing i tried out AH2 on a 650mhz AMD machine i have. Its got 512 megs of ram, shared video. It wasnt as pretty as it could have been but if i didnt have to crank the bar down on it, no one else should unless they are playing on something like a 300mhz machine.

Offline Castedo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
2 GV exploits
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 05:38:44 AM »
Originally posted by AKDogg
Not true Krusty.  I did a test 1 time shooting at someone who was behind a tree in a panzer.  When I had my detail sliders turn full, my shell would hit the tree, not the panzer.  When I turned my details sliders full low, I could hit him in 1 shot and kill him.  Only object I found that is not effected by the detail slider is the little mounds that GVs hide behind.  The Rounds won't go through the little mounds but will got through a invisible tree or hegrow.

Not true, check it again.  Round will not go though trees even if you dont see them.  You dont see the objects, but they are still there.

Offline Relorian

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wtf.com
2 GV exploits
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »
I've had the round travel through trees, and after the last patch sometimes my tank can go through trees too. Its possibly a matter of which tree its going through.

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
2 GV exploits
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by AKDogg
Not true Krusty.  I did a test 1 time shooting at someone who was behind a tree in a panzer.  When I had my detail sliders turn full, my shell would hit the tree, not the panzer.  When I turned my details sliders full low, I could hit him in 1 shot and kill him.  Only object I found that is not effected by the detail slider is the little mounds that GVs hide behind.  The Rounds won't go through the little mounds but will got through a invisible tree or hegrow.

To this I argue, what is that thing my shell hit then?  Yes, you still hit the TREE if it is there.  If you go left or right of center on the tree, it will go through.

I have hit plenty of "objects" that were not being displayed.

The trick it....you first slide down on the graphics.  Find the target.   Slide back up to see if its behind anything....if tree...slider back down and aim left or right of trunk.

removing detail does NOT remove the object.

Softail

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
2 GV exploits
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by Relorian

Crank the slider down, revealing ever one thats taken the time to properly hide their armor, then let everyone know where those units are because you can see what others cannot (You know, everyone not taking advantage of this "Feature" and making poor excuses that the low low system requirements are "Too high").  So now instead of your friends getting whacked (Along with you) because they cant see the tiger or panzer or sherman until its too late, they now know fully where it is and go around it and score a cheap kill instead of having to actually you know, learn how to scout or learn about proper GV camo.

Sounds real "fair" to me.

computer "Global Setup" options cannot be considered cheats.  They are done at the descretion of each user in the game.    They are not a result of modified code, byte inserts, branch jamming or ecnrypted data manipulation.  

The fact that "You" choose not to use that configuration does not make it a cheat.  

As far as going around you for a cheap kill???   Nah,  I just shoot you from 2 miles away with the uber gun on the M4 in "Sniper Mode".   If you're in a Panzy....I shoot without fear because I know the Panzy's shell cannot penetrate the armour of my M4 from that distance.   But my 17 pounder can crush its turret like a grape from that distance.

What "cheat" should we get rid of next?  Elevated 360 panoramic view from Ground Guns with zoom  watching for GVs and pointing them out to compatriots?

Adapt or Die.  It is what it is.

Softail