Author Topic: AH HA SEA  (Read 1748 times)

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
AH HA SEA
« on: May 15, 2000, 09:53:00 PM »
 Tonight we did an ETO planeset with no icons in the SEA.  It was an absolute blast. There were about 15-20 people there duking it out. No icons makes it VERY tense the WHOLE time your in the air  

I'll be there again tomarow night at 8pm central (as long as nobody is using it for a squad duel or something)  Thanks to the guys that came up tonight.  

very much fun!

Udie

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2000, 09:55:00 PM »
Ah, we posted at the same time! Deleting my thread...  

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2000, 10:17:00 PM »
Udie,
Great idea and thanks to all who showed and participated in the spirit of the set-up...no icons and ETO set..it was a blast.

We had 6 Musketeers there tonite.  Hell at times I just listened to the RW, it was intense to hear the calls and the confusion that no icons can bring.

I know some might say that the no icons means lower interest.  But the fights last longer and are more intense, and it takes teamwork to survive.

Salute to all who participated tonight!

Cobra
Musketeer Escadrille

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2000, 10:25:00 PM »
 Huge pucker factor and great fun,I`ll be a regular.  

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2000, 11:00:00 PM »
I didn't make it there until there were only about 7 left, but I had a blast! Always loved no tags fighting! BTW, guys, I flew around checking out bases. Another couple of pairs that would be cool to fly and fight out of would be A7 vs A30 (Near the volcano and rolling hills) and A18 and A34 which have a farther distance but have both the `flatter' terrain and the hilly terrain.

Besides, it just looks so cool seeing the planes without tags dogfighting!  

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2000, 11:19:00 PM »
Yep, I had a blast flying no tags for the allies.  (LOL I even managed more kills than deaths.   )  The p51 really is a great plane with no tags.  You can just zoom in at 450 mph, fire a few bursts, then get out fast.  Telling the difference between a 109 or 190 and a p51 or p38 isn't that hard either.  (The p51 and p38 are a silver dot.)

When I left and went to the MA I had some fun in the p51.  In fact I had more fun than I have in quite a while.  Sure there was f4u-1cs all over the place, but shooting one of them down really is a blast.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
AH HA SEA
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2000, 11:32:00 PM »
I think the ideal compromise between no icons & full icons would be plane type at d3. Nothing else at all should be shown.

This lets you see a bounce comeing if you have good SA. Yet you still have to figure range & closure yourself.

If your a good pilot and make a stealthy approach bounces are still easy enough.

Just my 2$

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2000, 06:51:00 AM »
I didn't know it was going on!      I went to the Main!!  How wooo is me!  

I'll try to get in there tonite but that is kinda early!

Have a nice day!  

------------------
Swager
I/JG2~Richthofen~
"Damn.....I can't believe I missed that shot!!!"

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 05-16-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »
Had fun except when the spit started to pop up..thought it was a 190 so I went right past it...DOH!

Only thing I didn't like was not knowing who to make 6 calls to other than that it was a blast.

------------------
Mighty1
The New Baby Harp Seals
"Come try to club THIS Seal"
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
Serious question guys....

Did these fights all end up like the HA Arena in WB's?

Twisty turny furball fights at 2k down to the deck between the two closest bases?

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2000, 08:48:00 AM »
My first flight I was killed by a P51 and P38 around 15k,the next was around 8k at the beginning but the pony dove for the deck-too bad my g10 was able to catch him for a 30mm enema, then I caught another pony around 5-6k. The 3rd engagement was at 2-3k where I dove into 4 ponys and wacked a p38 before getting my own lead enema,very hard to judge the E state of planes and distance but still great fun! Oops almost forgot when I snuck up on Cobras B26 in my 109,don`t know the distance I was at but his plane was huge in my gunsight-just as I pulled the trigger he hit me with the tail guns and blew me out of the sky-estimate 100-150 yds based on past B26 kills.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2000, 08:55:00 AM »
This time... yes and no.

I was 14K when RA slid up on my 6 from below. I saw him and my countryman behind, so I did some split-S's and tried to drag him in front of my friendly... who didn't get him.  

The shiny 51 is a big, fat target.  

So I grabbed a Spit and did what the LW wanted to do... I hugged the earth and, like a catfish, waited for stuff to "swim over". Trouble is, the shiny fish kept chasing me!  

Still it was fun. Got into a good one with Ripsnort... he was 10K or so, lone wolfing. I was low and tried to climb his low 6. He spotted me and dove. I was in real trouble, because he had lots of E and was using it right. I broke hard left and down, then reversed to catch his exit. Too far for a shot yet.

He zoomed up, chandelle and down he comes again. Same thing, hard down and left, reverse... closer, but no shot yet.

He goes for it a third time, and this time when I reverse he is just close enough to follow up the chandelle. As his nose dropped over the top he got it.

That was near the ground, but it was 1 vs. 1, and the type of fight I enjoy (not because I won, because it was a bad situation I managed to do the right thing in- for once!).

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2000, 09:07:00 AM »
Only had  a short  time in there last night, but I will be baaaaaaaack!

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
I./JG2~Richthofen~
=CO=Panzer Group Afrika-15th Panzer division
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High 1st Training Corps

CLICK>> JG2 "Richthofen"
CLICK>> 15th Panzer Division

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.  Remember, when
someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it
only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm, grasp the joystick button,
and shoot the sucker down!

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 05-16-2000).]

Offline NineZ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.user.shentel.net/vonz/jagdneun.html
AH HA SEA
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2000, 09:40:00 AM »
Didnt have the time to jump in there last night.  Ill try and make it tonight.  The radio chatter I heard from the Mskts was intense.  

I would rather fly for Axis though.  

JagdNine

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
AH HA SEA
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2000, 09:59:00 AM »
Originally posted under "Tagless Delight" which for some reason I can't remove.

Tonight thanks to Udie we had a tagless scenario in the SEA. US ETO planes vs. GE Haven't had this much fun since the tagless matches in the F place. I learned that it's not a good idea to use the 38 as the cons are absolutely sure of what you are. I also learned that a B-26 is way bigger, uglier and deadlier than any 109 when I jumped my m8 Cobra and he blew me out of the sky. Fighting was intense and even though I was mostly a target I had a great time. Though the limitations of lack of perspective and range are there, once you get up close and personal it's super. There's nothing like being so close to the con that you can see the sweat pouring off his back and giving him diaper rash while you do everything in your power to give him relief. Fights are intense and the RW chatter is totally immersing. We had a good turnout and the comments were really encouraging from many of the staltwarts. It was also fun to fly on the same side with guys you're normally trying to kill. If you had a good time and would like to see more of this express your thanks to Udie and post your experience.
Beeg