Author Topic: GV's hiding in the hills!  (Read 907 times)

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
GV's hiding in the hills!
« on: August 19, 2007, 12:53:35 AM »
I have seen Mike81st and Slopoke do this...sure there are more.

The roads where the supply trucks come have bridges...and they can hide inside the hills on both sides of said bridge.  Most of the time you can't bomb them and can't shoot them.  Something need to be done with this.  I was hoping to get film of Mike doing this tonight.  I dropped 2 1000# bombs right on top of his location and nothing.  I saw his rounds coming out of the hill with no sight of him.  No icon and no tank....he then landed 6 kills after they recaptured the base.  Taking advantage of the game is one thing but straight cheating should get you banned.

Stroker1 of (+)
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
IN!... before the lockdown.
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Heretic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »
That happened in TT too.

One of the A8's guys was using the glitch to rack up alot of kills.  We could not see him nor shoot at him.   We could however see where his tracer fire was coming from but could do nothing about it.

Rangers dropped a load of bombs on his position but never got any credit for a kill on him.

So I called him out on 200 channel and it turned into a verbal slug fest on how stupid I am on re-upping. aslo his other squaddies just had to get in on the verbal slug fest.                                                                                                            Other Knight players were also killed by said glitch.
I only re-upped to see if I was able to spot him and maybe get a shot.  

Its honorable to die in a fair fight,its dishonorable to use a glitch to get your kills.

Offline revived1

• Zinc Member
gv's in the hills
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »
Just a follow up to heritic's post. I was attempting to gv in tank town. Upon being spawn camped multiple times from an unseen source I decided to drive to the top of the nearby valley slope so I could look down on the action and see where these campers were. To my surprise I located the hill where the fire was coming from and could not see the tanks.

The following is a link to the editied version of the 30 mintue video.

http://files-upload.com/files/445336/film1_glitch.ahf
Sorry you have to wait 30 seconds for the link to become active, free hosting.

Right at the begining opf this 2 minute clip you can see 3 tanks A8 thumper, A8Chewie, and A8jonplr, all hidden under the hill looking at knight tanks spawning. About 15 seconds into the clip A8jonplr fires up his tank and backs out of his hidden location, he is then pounced on and destroyed. Seconds later the other 2 A8 compatriats leave the hill and are destroyed.

Hopefully this film can be useful in attepting to rectify the glitch.

Offline hyster

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 06:09:48 AM »
ban them.

nothing will kill a game quicker than people knowing that there are glitches that can be used this way.

the player base for ah2 is small. allowing cheats to get away with this will force people out of the game.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 06:18:28 AM »
At least its been reported and the terrain will no doubt be fixed accordingly.

I guess its a positive thing that these silly GVer's are doing because it highlights the bug good and proper when everyone cries  CHEAT.

No point in getting 100 kills and thinking your big and tuff when you use an exploit to get them.  Maybe one day they will learn  ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 07:58:02 AM »
You know if you come to that spot from exactly the right direction you cant see that there is a hill there. Maybe they didnt realize they were under the hill?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 08:10:41 AM »
Originally posted by Chalenge
You know if you come to that spot from exactly the right direction you cant see that there is a hill there. Maybe they didnt realize they were under the hill?

Right... I got a bridge for sale, you interested?

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 09:01:19 AM »
Just trying to give them the benefit of a doubt. One guy making use of a bug is one thing but this makes the whole group appear guilty and I cant see everyone agreeing to that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 09:03:41 AM »
Originally posted by Chalenge
Just trying to give them the benefit of a doubt. One guy making use of a bug is one thing but this makes the whole group appear guilty and I cant see everyone agreeing to that.

While your thought is noble .....
Birds of a feather .

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Gulp

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 10:45:09 AM »
Pretty tough to accidently get into one these invisible hills.  I was getting killed repeatedly by a guy in one so I spent a couple hours tooling around and found a few.  Once you know what type of hill has the glitch, you can find them scattered all over TT.

I admit I drove in and and wacked a few guys, but the shine wore off pretty quick.  The solution isn't banning guys that use them, the solution is fixing the glitch.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:37:18 AM by Gulp »

Offline revived1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 11:26:53 AM »
Chalenge,
   Just wanted to let you know that I am positive these guys didn't "accidently" drive under the hill. I know this for two reasons.

First the rest of that 30 minute video I edited has them scoring many kills against spawing knight tanks. They even through some shots at me on the hill, but thankfully A8 aim is as good as A8 honor.

Secondly at the point where heretic and I realized something was up we started complaining on 200. One of the A8 sqaud members, A8viper, began making fun of heretic and I for trying to figure out what was going on. "I know i wouldn't keep upping if i got killed twenty times" etc.

Heretic refers to it in his post, but doesn't use names - screw that A8's are dishonorable. Viper you are as bad as the rest for not helping us to figure out what was going on.

Hitechcreations I wish that mods could actually do something useful and control glitch abuses. TY

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »
i have seen that,a tank was driving along,looks like he stoped behind the hill.I mess with my details and i see him inside the hill just chilling out.No film of it but 2 other guys seen it,dident think it was a big deal a STUKA bomb took care of him :aok :aok :aok :lol :lol
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 01:40:28 PM »
It must be the only way the A8's can get a kill.  I defended a VB in MW (MidMesa) for almost 2 hours one night in a Tiger (mostly) by myself against these guys while they threw everything they could at me (air and ground).

I re-upped once after safely landing 5-6 kills when I lost a turret.  They finally gave up.  I landed about 17 kills my second time up (~23 A8 kills over 2 hours).
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline revived1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 01:44:50 PM »
Vans.

You were actually able to hit the tanks in the hill? I Fired probably 20 shots onto the hill they were under, nothing.

Rangers also came through with a set of ju87's and unloaded on the hill, carpet bombed the whole thing, all 3 of the campers survived. Might have video of that if you are interested.

Does this glitch depend on perspective? if I had moved arround the hill would I have seen them from a certian angle?

200 chatter hinted at the fact that maybe the detail settings had something to do with the glitch. "If you don't want to see something then just step down your detail settings" or something to that effect.

Might be nothing, or something.