Author Topic: goodbye  (Read 1861 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
goodbye
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »
Due to the constant blue-screeniness of my computer, and the inability to fix it, I can not play aces high any more.

*gasp*  Yes, I pay with my own money.  And I do not wish to pay for something I can't use.  I was not online very much, so most of you probably don't know me.  I was, and still am, that kid who reads all your posts on the forums, and always has a comment to every post, but apon typing, will forget that comment and leave the thread completely.

I have 7th grade to worry about anyway, since school starts the 4th. (3 days!  :eek: )  I will occasionally stop by the forums and leave a worthless post here and there.

I'm trying to get this blue screen fixed, but I'm afraid it's hopless.  I've lost interest.  It's over.  

This, is my will.  And with this, I leave a big...

<<<<<>>>>  to AH!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:41:03 PM by Oogly50 »
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Gryphons

• Copper Member
goodbye
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 12:39:34 PM »
Going into grade 7 and paying for your own account, well I'm impressed.  Keep mowing those lawns and maybe you can get a new pc :D
Classic Army G36C, KWA Glock 17, Well M4, UTG M24
71 Squadron RAF
Gryphon5

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
goodbye
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 12:41:13 PM »
We need to see if we can't fix this problem of yours.

Did you ever get into your BIOS screen? I've resurrected the thread in the help forums.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
goodbye
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 12:42:12 PM »
yes, when I can finally afford another computer.  I will most likely rush to play Aces High.  Hopefully by then, combat tour will be out!  Of course, I don't think I'll be getting a new computer in 2 weeks.  :D
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
goodbye
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 12:43:47 PM »
why thank you krusty.  I have managed to get onto my BIOS screen, however... I didn't know what I was supposed to look at.

EDIT:  I've also been attacked by a virus that keeps asking me to download an anti-spyware program.  But after reading up on it, found out that it would just kill my computer even further.  When I do actually play more than 5 minutes on AH, I get the little bubble that pops up, and then it shuts down aces high.  I'll be getting rid of that.

And on top of everything ELSE.  A video driver I recently tried to update, supposedly had something 'wrong' with it, and now it uninstalls itself regularly every day or so.  I tried reinstalling it, but now.. it won't install.  

My computer's a handfull.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 12:46:45 PM by Oogly50 »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
goodbye
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »
have you tried a total rip and rebuild of your os?  Talk to Krusty some or some of the other tech guys before you give up.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
goodbye
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:12:11 PM »
way ahead of you, but it's really easy to give up when you've been trying to fix something for 3 months.  :(

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
goodbye
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »
don't ever get married then :D

Ya I just saw your post in Tech Support.  Bummer :(
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
goodbye
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 01:32:34 PM »
Originally posted by Oogly50
way ahead of you, but it's really easy to give up when you've been trying to fix something for 3 months.  :(

C'mon ooogly...you're what, 13? Now's not to time to learn "throwin in the towel" when things get tough. Like Dichotomy suggests, back up your essential files, wipe your hard drive and do a clean install of Windows. What's the worst that can happen?

Good luck :aok

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
goodbye
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
In all seriousness, if you're the kind of kid that's that young yet pays for their own account, it'd be an absolute shame to lose you.  I'm completely worthless in the technical field, and can offer you no help, but I'm sure someone can.  

Good luck!

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
goodbye
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 01:40:23 PM »
Ooogly you may want to give Skuzzy a call (817.251.1540) and ask his advice. Chances are, HTC will be heading out for the holiday weekend shortly so get on the horn NOW :D

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
goodbye
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »
oogly
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
goodbye
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 05:54:43 PM »
wow, didn't know I was so well liked by the community...  

Yes, I am trying to get it fixed.  And if I do, I'll make sure EVERYBODY knows.  :D :D :D

Thanks for all your morale support, now I don't feel like quitting.  

Btw, I'm not 13, I'm 12.  I'll be 13 in december.  :p

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
goodbye
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Atta boy! :aok

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
goodbye
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »
I recently got a virus on my system.Just a few weeks ago.Something similiar would happen.It would give me some pop up and try to take my system over.Nothing I had would remove it.I went to my tried and proven method of fixing my computer.I formated the hard drive and started from scrachIt kinda sucks but to be honest my system is running better than it has in some time now Best of luck!

And if I dont run into ya in December....Happy Birthday:aok

Pipz
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!