Author Topic: RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 02:16:05 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
eny should be based on number of players in flight. not on total number of players per country. ive seen often 30-40 idiots in tower afk just there doing nothing but fowling up the eny system.

So that, especially in  low populated arenas or in off peak times, one large squad would land, ENY drops, then up a low ENY plane mission...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2007, 03:39:42 AM »
ENY works. Why change it?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2007, 04:57:49 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
eny should be based on number of players in flight. not on total number of players per country. ive seen often 30-40 idiots in tower afk just there doing nothing but fowling up the eny system.

Umm,, no. What happens when they up that horde mission of La7s and P-51s.
Those get all upped at once, it would be an in flight work around.

Ohh and for glassjaw. Thanks for another eny whine thread. It proves that ENY works.:aok

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2007, 07:58:58 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Did you miss the "" ?
Problem is, if someone new to the game were to see it, they'd more than likely believe it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007, 08:07:46 AM »
Originally posted by Raptor
I have an idea! remove ENY, but bring back the old strat system!

someone's looking for a flogging:)

I think it would be a good thing to boot people who are inactive for 10 minutes or something like that.  Not only for ENY but for arena caps as well.  That said, if you don't want to deal with eny you have solutions available to you.  ENY works fine, maybe if you keep getting hit with it you'll get mad enough to actually change teams.  Also keep in mind, for every single base that your horde army can't defend, there are probably 2-3 they are completely over running.  don't get mad at ENY because your country can't allocate it's resources well enough, get mad at your generals and hoarders.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:12:02 AM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 08:46:18 AM »
I don't know why people are all mad about eny. We always have the spit 1 :D

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
there are some excellent planes in the 15-25 category:aok

the reason the people are in the tower is because --

1)they are waiting for eny to go down(this makes me laugh)

2)if you almost always fly the same thing it may take some time to choose a different one (this is understandable) multiply this time number of people picking a new ride at a given time= lots of folks not in flight

3) they already went to bed but if their side wins it will be the only way they will ever get 25 perks

for those  first 2 reasons I dont think basing eny on in flight only would work.

The first time I couldn't fly a f6f I was mad .. but it opened me up to the f4u1 and the k61 .. roll with it..open your horizons! if eny gets to be 30 switch sides or arenas

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007, 08:51:35 AM »
Originally posted by xtyger
I know that, ROC. I'm just saying it seems ludicrous sometimes when you're getting your bellybutton kicked at a certain field and are told you can't fly anything but a paper plane to defend yourself.

That's what the Ostie is for.  Learn to love it!  You'll have the skies cleared in no time.  ENY works as intended-end of transmission.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 08:53:53 AM »
Originally posted by GlassJaw

:cry

SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 09:12:56 AM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
there are some excellent planes in the 15-25 category:aok

the reason the people are in the tower is because --
(...)
3) they already went to bed but if their side wins it will be the only way they will ever get 25 perks

And this isn't even necessary. You will still get your perks, even if not online at the moment of reset.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 09:15:58 AM »
Originally posted by Lusche
And this isn't even necessary. You will still get your perks, even if not online at the moment of reset.

I've never gotten my perks after I've logged off right before a reset...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline C(Sea)Bass

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2007, 09:19:51 AM »
ENY does eem to work at times, but at others it's just pointless. I remember flying one night as a knight and we had an ENY of 25. Normally I don't care but the thing was we only had 21 pilots in  the air to the Bish 45ish and the rook 50ish. we had nearly 70 players just sitting in the tower, it was insane. with ENY at 25 we couldn't up a decent bomber to take out hangers and ords to slow down the other sides and we got pushed way back to the uncapturables. It was around 2 am so I think that alot of players just went to bed without logging off.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 09:21:14 AM »
Originally posted by C(Sea)Bass
ENY does eem to work at times, but at others it's just pointless. We remember flying one night as a knight and we had an ENY of 25. Normally We don't care but the thing was we only had 21 pilots in  the air to the Bish 45ish and the rook 50ish. we had nearly 70 players just sitting in the tower, it was insane. with ENY at 25 we couldn't up a decent bomber to take out hangers and ords to slow down the other sides and we got pushed way back to the uncapturables. It was around 2 am so We think that alot of players just went to bed without logging off.

:D
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 09:23:34 AM »
Odd. I did.

Back in the day when I was new, I  did thoroughy track my perk status ("only 1.6 more, and I can fly that 163") and Reset Perks were about the only ones I got at that time (n00b in LA-7).

That was when I noticed at log-on that I had suddenly 25 perks per category more than I had when leaving the arena...

As long as you have been 12hours in the country which won the war, you will get them.

Once in a while I still get unexpected perks from EW/MW arena that way.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2007, 09:29:38 AM »
Originally posted by C(Sea)Bass
ENY does eem to work at times, but at others it's just pointless.

Like when ENY is at 29 and you can't even fly a CV plane (Other then B5N and stuff)

FlyKommando.com