Author Topic: RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY  (Read 2086 times)

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »
onlytime i have a problem with ENY is when it goes up to 25 or higher win we are about to win the war, this mainly happens for 3 reasons.

1. People are afk and staying logged in to get free perks.

2. Other countrys actually changing sides to get free perks and be in the winning side.

3. Other countrys giving up and logging off.

It is not fair that someone who has been playing hard and taking bases to have to switch sides to EVEN things out, then what was the point of even taking bases to win the war.

ENY goes against the WAR effort completly, it is like HIGHTECH is oxymorining themselfs, they build a arena where the goal is to win a war, but then when the war is close to won it becomes even harder.

I dont mind ENY so much but dang it should never go above 20.

It was really only ment to keep the LAs and ponys grounded anyways;)

And for those that complain at 10 ENY, get over it. there is plenty of planes that ar exellent in the 15-20 catagory.

I myself fly corsairs and they range from 5-25 ENY so i really never have a problem. No side should ever complain about ENY when it is under 20, after that then i think its highly unfair. It is really unfair when the numbers are only like 40 to a side and one side has 8 less people and u have a 20 ENY. 1 good pilot on the NO ENY SIDE can make all the difference.

It is not really the numbers that makes the difference, its pilots skill lvl and team work that comes into play when defending and attacking bases

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
2. Other countrys actually changing sides to get free perks and be in the winning side.

You DO NOT get perk points for switching to a country just prior to a reset.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »
It is not really the numbers that makes the difference, its pilots skill lvl and team work that comes into play when defending and attacking bases

Don't kid yourself ... superior offensive numbers will always be the determing factor when attacking a defended base.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »
onlytime i have a problem with ENY is when it goes up to 25 or higher win we are about to win the war, this mainly happens for 3 reasons.

ENY goes against the WAR effort completly, it is like HIGHTECH is oxymorining themselfs, they build a arena where the goal is to win a war, but then when the war is close to won it becomes even harder.

the goal is to piss the other guy off..so far HiTech is winning!:aok

the system is fine.. the people are broken !

if a bunch of people on your team are just sitting in the tower thats not HTcs fault.. if you got booted for sitting in the tower too long these guys would just up a gv and hide

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 10:19:14 AM »
Originally posted by FBplmmr
if you got booted for sitting in the tower too long these guys would just up a gv and hide

mannable ack guns at fields are even better... K/H doesn't suffer :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 10:44:10 AM »
No concetrated numbers mak the difference not overall.  Just the other night Rooks wer outnumberd by 30 with about 100 players on. I organized a mission and got 40 people, i took 4 bases back to back.

Balive what u want, but yes if everyone FURBALLS to gain control of a airfield then yes numbers have something to do with it, but when i can go in there alone and drop 8 planes, that keeps 8 of my guys alive to keep fighting if each one of them would have gotten 1 kill.

I also thought u didnt get perks for switching sides, but i was wrong, I had a squaddi log on and was on the wrong country, he switched over 5 minutes befor we won the war and he GOT PERK POINTS. I even told him he wouldnt get points but he told me he did that he even got the msg. so maybe it does maybe it dosnt sometimes.

The fact is Numbers dont mean a whole lot, because there are 3 sides, and ususally what ever side is getting attacked by the other 2 is the loser.

Everyone complains when they getting overwhelmed but they dont want to do anything about it. Same way with tank town, you could always prevent it from being taken if u wanted to, but alot of people like to go to where the furballs are.

Offline CAFghost

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.fly-ol-o-gy.com
Zoiks!
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 10:49:57 AM »
I think the ENY works great. From a designers point-of-view, it does
exactly what it should. No matter what the ENY, I've always found a
plane that I love to fly. German cannons - yum, yum!

btw: What exactly DOES E.N.Y. stand for? I know what it does and
how it works - but what does E stand for? N stand for? Y stand for?
Nobody has ever been able to answer that question for me. Who's up
for the challenge?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Zoiks!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 10:54:27 AM »
Originally posted by CAFghost
I think the ENY works great. From a designers point-of-view, it does
exactly what it should. No matter what the ENY, I've always found a
plane that I love to fly. German cannons - yum, yum!

btw: What exactly DOES E.N.Y. stand for? I know what it does and
how it works - but what does E stand for? N stand for? Y stand for?
Nobody has ever been able to answer that question for me. Who's up
for the challenge?

Enemy numbers Y?

lol, no clue
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

rednex21

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »
Waaaaaaaah Waaaaaaaaah Waaaaaaaaah!!!!!! Cry about Your ENY problems to someone else.  At some point in time we all experience it and get over it.  You just learn to fly new planes and get even more perk points than you would in a low ENY plane.

Besides, it's the skill of the pilot, not the lackings of a plane, that determines life or death.:aok

Thats just my $0.02

Banshee7

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 11:18:23 AM »
you guys  gotta relize..... eny is a GOOD thing. for instance

say bish had 200 ppl on, and knights had 120, if those 200 ppl can up all LA LAs, and the other team could only up F4Us... thats not fair, or even worse, we would have to fly those peice pf junk 190s :furious
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 03:45:13 PM »
ENY would be more palatable if the values for each plane were more evened out....whats the LOWEST eny for any LW ride...15? vs P47N which is 5, P51 which is 8...eny rarely puts out K4, and it is essentially an LA7 that does well at alt, plus it has taters (OK...of course ya have to be able to HIT stuff:noid )
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Re: RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 05:31:26 PM »
Originally posted by GlassJaw
This is the most irritating, frusting aspect of the game.  God I hate ENY.  Please get rid of it.  It simply does not work the way you intended.   I try switching arenas and get hoarded then switch to the mid war and fly for 5 minutes before getting nailed with a 20 ENY there also.  Please, please, please change this.

if you dont like the eny bro come fly for me sometime
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 10:28:04 AM »
No concetrated numbers mak the difference not overall.  Just the other night Rooks wer outnumberd by 30 with about 100 players on. I organized a mission and got 40 people, i took 4 bases back to back.

So you actually just proved my point - "superior offensive numbers will always be the determing factor when attacking a defended base".

You got 40 guys and overwhelmed the 4 bases you took ... and don't try to tell me you ran into 40+ guys trying to defend each one of those 4 bases.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2007, 11:11:38 AM »
Part of the problem is due to the 3 country system.  One country gets low on numbers (ususally nit) but the other two have fairly high numbers.  The higher of the two gets really hammered... at any given time its the rooks who are up in one arena and the bish that are up in the other.  Then you have a 60 vs 100 vs 120 type of situation.  The inflight probably looks more like 50 vs 80 vs 95.  If your team with 100 and your on the side of the map fighting the guys with 85 then your getting penalized because of low numbers on the 50 side.  In other words your fighting with P40's and a6m2's vs spit 16's, LA7's, Niks and everything else even though the side your fighting against is not hurting for people.

I think AAolds just might be right.... maybe we should disband the knights.
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2570300#post2570300

The 3 country system does create alot of extra complexity from a game balance standpoint.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 11:19:26 AM »
Originally posted by GlassJaw
Part of the problem is due to the 3 country system.  One country gets low on numbers (ususally nit) but the other two have fairly high numbers.  The higher of the two gets really hammered... at any given time its the rooks who are up in one arena and the bish that are up in the other.  Then you have a 60 vs 100 vs 120 type of situation.  The inflight probably looks more like 50 vs 80 vs 95.  If your team with 100 and your on the side of the map fighting the guys with 85 then your getting penalized because of low numbers on the 50 side.  In other words your fighting with P40's and a6m2's vs spit 16's, LA7's, Niks and everything else even though the side your fighting against is not hurting for people.

I think AAolds just might be right.... maybe we should disband the knights.
http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2570300#post2570300

The 3 country system does create alot of extra complexity from a game balance standpoint.

No ... your wrong.

If Knights have 40 and Bish have 110 and Rooks have 120 ... both the Bish and Rooks have been wacked with ENY ... so no matter what front the Knights are fighting, they will be fighting against inferior planes.

Oh ... and HT has stated in previous threads that he and Pyro have tried the 2 country, 3 country, and 4 country systems ... and they believe that the 3 country system provides the correct dynamics that they are looking for ... so don't hold your breath waiting for a change.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 11:21:37 AM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights