Author Topic: RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY  (Read 2088 times)

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 11:28:27 AM »
Originally posted by WaRLoCkL
No concetrated numbers mak the difference not overall.  Just the other night Rooks wer outnumberd by 30 with about 100 players on. I organized a mission and got 40 people, i took 4 bases back to back.

Umm the nmbers you've just given are mathmatically impossible.  Stick to blowing your own horn, math isn't your forte.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 11:35:54 AM »
Hurray for ENY!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2007, 03:54:50 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Umm the nmbers you've just given are mathmatically impossible.  Stick to blowing your own horn, math isn't your forte.
And reading comprehension is not yours.   ;)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No concetrated numbers mak the difference not overall. Just the other night Rooks wer outnumberd by 30 with about 100 players on. I organized a mission and got 40 people, i took 4 bases back to back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rooks outnumbered by 30.
Rooks with 100 total on-line.
Therefore, enemy with 130.

Warlockl gets 40 of 100 Rooks to form his base capturing horde.

Warlockl et. al. get 4 captures despite being outnumbered overall 130 to 100.

This is due to the "concentrated numbers" in his area of 40 vs. 0.

Don't feel bad, Steve.  If you saw the LTAR bbs, you would know I have a lot of experience deciphering incomprehensible spelling and sentence structure.  :aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »
When hit with ENY, I punish the side with low numbers in anyway I can.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2007, 04:41:48 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
I'm a tool when it comes to ENY.

fixed.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
And reading comprehension is not yours.   ;)

quote:
No concetrated numbers mak the difference not overall. Just the other night Rooks wer outnumberd by 30 with about 100 players on. I organized a mission and got 40 people, i took 4 bases back to back.

Rooks outnumbered by 30.
Rooks with 100 total on-line.
Therefore, enemy with 130.

Warlockl gets 40 of 100 Rooks to form his base capturing horde.

Warlockl et. al. get 4 captures despite being outnumbered overall 130 to 100.

This is due to the "concentrated numbers" in his area of 40 vs. 0.

Don't feel bad, Steve.  If you saw the LTAR bbs, you would know I have a lot of experience deciphering incomprehensible spelling and sentence structure.  :aok

He never said there were 100 rooks on.  he said there were 100 people on. While it may not have been his intent, he is saying there were 100 people on. In other words, 100 people in the arena. ergo, based on his verbiage, his math is unworkable.

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
He never said there were 100 rooks on.  He said there were 100 people on. While it may not have been his intent, he is saying there were 100 people on. In other words, 100 people in the arena. Ergo, based on his verbiage, his math is unworkable.
I took the liberty of correcting your capitalization.

Actually, he said "players", not people.  So, they could be dogs or cats or aliens playing the game too . . . so, again, you have misinterpreted. :D

quote:
Just the other night Rooks wer outnumberd by 30 with about 100 players on. I organized a mission and got 40 people . . .
If you do not take poor English sentence structure into account, then yes, he has a "math problem."

However, given the fact that he can not spell the word "were" correctly (among others), it is much more reasonable to conclude that his sentence structure is equally poor.  This leads one to the conclusion I previously posted, that "100 players" actually refers to 100 Rook players being on line.

So . . . listen to what he means, not what he says - er - types.  :p

(Time for someone to post that picture with the caption that begins "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics . . . ")
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
LOL Hub

:aok

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2007, 07:07:37 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
fixed.

Yeah, you should be fixed so the world does not have to put up with your offspring. :p
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »
Originally posted by AAolds
When hit with ENY, I punish the side with low numbers in anyway I can.

meaning what exactly?  How are you punishing people in a game? Why would you want to punish people?  Why would you make a statement like this?  Is your only reason for playing to make others unhappy?  Just curious.

AH serious business.

Also to an earlier post by warlock, once again, the point of the game is not to win the war.  That is what you believe it to be.  HT has said many times the point of the game is simply combat.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2007, 07:57:01 PM »
Originally posted by nirvana
Well I hate to be the typical "just switch sides" guy but....just switch sides.  Unless of course there's some kind of loyalty issue to a chess piece.  Maybe even convince your squad/buddies to go with you, even things up a bit more.

I have the loyalty to the chesspeice thing.
but thats just the way I like to play.

When ENY hits. I just simply take a plane not effected by it.

In 5 years of playing If nothing else I've discovered that if you familiourise yourself with each plane. You will find you can get kills in anything, against anything.

Those that have problems flying anything else but the planes effected by ENY are simply too lazy to learn anything else but the EZmode planes.

There isnt a fighter in the game that I havent gotten kills in. Cept maybe a spit.

But thats only because I dont fly spits.
They are beneith me.

I leave them for the peasants ;)
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2007, 08:36:57 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

There isnt a fighter in the game that I havent gotten kills in. Cept maybe a spit.

If talking about the main arenas, there seem to be quite a few fighters (apart from Spits) the player DREDIOCK hasn't any kills in:

Hurricane Mk IID
Hurricane Mk I
F4U-1
F4U-1A
F4U-4
La-5FN
P-47-D11
P-47-D25
C.202

;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »
Originally posted by SFCHONDO
Fly Rooks ENY never effects me

Thing that should be changed about ENY IMO is at least let the perked rides be available. If someone wants to use there perks then they should be able too. ENY in effect or not. Hec I wish they would just make the plane cost perk point as ENY goes up. As the ENY goes up, the perk value goes up too on the lower eny planes that cost nothing when eny is not a factor. So if the horde wants there LALAs and 16s. Let em have em, just make em pay for it. Don't have enough things as it is now to use your perk points. I know guys that have 10's of thousands of perk points collecting dust. Just don't make it some low amount say when eny hit 5, the 5 eny planes cost 50 perks. when it hits 6 add 10 more, 7 10 more perks and so on. :D

this is almost perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2007, 09:05:46 PM »
Originally posted by pluck
meaning what exactly?  How are you punishing people in a game? Why would you want to punish people?  Why would you make a statement like this?  Is your only reason for playing to make others unhappy?  Just curious.

No malicious punishment, just something like parking Tigers on their runway and blasting planes as they appear or killing their HQ, etc.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:42 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
If talking about the main arenas, there seem to be quite a few fighters (apart from Spits) the player DREDIOCK hasn't any kills in:

Hurricane Mk IID
Hurricane Mk I
F4U-1
F4U-1A
F4U-4
La-5FN
P-47-D11
P-47-D25
C.202

;)

How far do those stats go back?
Cant be all the way back to when I first started playing because I know I've gotten kills in all.
And the F4s and P47s in particular
In any event. I am printing out that list as we speak and will have that rectified by the end of the week.
Depending on how many nights I fly
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty