Author Topic: RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY  (Read 2087 times)

Offline GlassJaw

• Copper Member
RRRRR. hitech please kill ENY
« on: September 07, 2007, 10:06:01 PM »
This is the most irritating, frusting aspect of the game.  God I hate ENY.  Please get rid of it.  It simply does not work the way you intended.   I try switching arenas and get hoarded then switch to the mid war and fly for 5 minutes before getting nailed with a 20 ENY there also.  Please, please, please change this.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 10:11:53 PM »
ENY works as intened. It simply prevents a side with vast numerical advantage to horde their enemies with even the best planes. Nothing more.
:aok

BTW, when ENY hits 20, your side has such a numerical dominance that flying  a "crappy"  190A5, 109F4/G2, Ki-61, A8 etc is a pretty safe thing even for the average player. Basically you suffer more from lack of targets than lack of flyable planes...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 10:30:21 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »
Well I hate to be the typical "just switch sides" guy but....just switch sides.  Unless of course there's some kind of loyalty issue to a chess piece.  Maybe even convince your squad/buddies to go with you, even things up a bit more.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 10:23:12 PM »
Never ran into a problem with ENY.  Sometimes I'll pick a plane and an error will pop up that its ENY value is too low.  I then pick a plane with a higher ENY value.  I know it sounds crazy, but it actually works!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 10:30:24 PM »
The only time ENY irritates me is when it's near to reset.  One side bails the arena allowing the rest side to be flooded with perk prowlers sitting in the tower doing sweet FA.

I don't mind being ENY'ed I accept it but to be stuffed by me own sides tower peen-aces that's a err bugger.  ouch:furious
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 10:51:02 PM by LYNX »

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
I almost agree with Glassjaw: ENY is a very, if not the most irritable, aspect of the game (aside from some of the maps). I don't know that it really accomplishes what some think it does, since I've been on airfields overwhelmed with cons, yet still am told I can't fly certain planes.

That said, the one thing ENY has done, as much as I hate to say it, is to get me to try different planes. I don't know that I would have come to know and love the FM2 Wildcat without ENY.

Still, ENY sucks.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 10:46:27 PM »
Eny has nothing to do with what you see at a specific airfield if it's being overwhelmed.  It's a global numbers thing.  Can't control how many of them head to one target.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »
eny should be based on number of players in flight. not on total number of players per country. ive seen often 30-40 idiots in tower afk just there doing nothing but fowling up the eny system.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 11:05:30 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
Eny has nothing to do with what you see at a specific airfield if it's being overwhelmed.  It's a global numbers thing.  Can't control how many of them head to one target.

I know that, ROC. I'm just saying it seems ludicrous sometimes when you're getting your bellybutton kicked at a certain field and are told you can't fly anything but a paper plane to defend yourself.

BTW, ROC; I'm from California, too. Up in Eureka, in Humboldt County, on this end.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 11:08:12 PM »
I have an idea! remove ENY, but bring back the old strat system!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 11:19:56 PM »
Ki61 is "crappy".  LMFAO.   Sure, keep thinking that.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 11:20:46 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Ki61 is "crappy".  LMFAO.   Sure, keep thinking that.

Did you miss the "" ?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »
Fly Knights!!!! ENY is hardley ever an issue.:aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »
Fly Rooks ENY never effects me

Thing that should be changed about ENY IMO is at least let the perked rides be available. If someone wants to use there perks then they should be able too. ENY in effect or not. Hec I wish they would just make the plane cost perk point as ENY goes up. As the ENY goes up, the perk value goes up too on the lower eny planes that cost nothing when eny is not a factor. So if the horde wants there LALAs and 16s. Let em have em, just make em pay for it. Don't have enough things as it is now to use your perk points. I know guys that have 10's of thousands of perk points collecting dust. Just don't make it some low amount say when eny hit 5, the 5 eny planes cost 50 perks. when it hits 6 add 10 more, 7 10 more perks and so on. :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:59:16 AM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 02:03:56 AM »
Originally posted by Citabria
eny should be based on number of players in flight. not on total number of players per country. ive seen often 30-40 idiots in tower afk just there doing nothing but fowling up the eny system.

Absolutely agree.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"