Author Topic: <Salute>  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2007, 11:25:58 PM »
Seems to me it wasn't a novel.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
<Salute>
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2007, 12:54:55 AM »
Nope. It was a screenplay.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
<Salute>
« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2007, 07:41:14 AM »
I was actually logged in to AH flying when someone came across channel 1.

"Someone just flew a plane into one of the twin towers"

Your kidding!

"No, watching it on tv as I was flying"

What happened?

"Towers on fire, they calling it a terrorist attack"

What channel

"ALL channels"

At that point I alt F4'd out and ran to my TV.
Was sitting there amazed and saw the second bird go in.
For a week about all I did was sit and watch, switching between fox and cnn.

We have lost so much, but the time for grieving is over.

Remember, yes, NEVER forget, never let THEM forget either.
But OBL is still out there, and its time we found him and his crew.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2007, 10:55:28 AM »
Originally posted by Vudak
I was a Senior at the time (well, should have been, anyway)...  That day was insane.  

School pretty much just stopped.  We could do whatever we wanted, really.  I chose to drive around to meet up with my friends at their various places of business.  I've never been in so many near accidents driving around.  Everywhere I went, everyone had something like those thousand yard stares of soldiers while driving around listening to the radio.  I saw many, many crashes.

One of my friends worked at a Mobil.  It's a hangout for some of the police in town.  They were running around not sure of what to do.

The next few days were spent running a convoy to and from Stop & Shop.  My friends and I pooled all the money we could together and just started filling up grocery bags full of food and water.  We made several trips a night.  We were far from the only ones.  I have never seen such a mountain of relief items piled up at our high school.  It was huge.

That Enya song, "Only Time" was playing all the time, and to this day it still makes my eyes water.  It's the song that brings me back to those times.

In a way, it was a beautiful sight.  The entire country - heck, almost the entire world - was pulling together.  I had AOL at the time and remember reading comments from all over the world expressing condolensces, sympathy, and support.  It was comforting, and heartwarming to be a human living in the Free World.

Things sure have changed in six years.

to every last one of you putting your lives on the line so I might be able to live in peace.  Regardless of any disagreements we may have, I am sincerely grateful and in your debt.

This is EXACTLY the reason that we will not see another attack on American soil for at least quite a while.  The perpetrators of this attack may be  evil, etc, but they are not stupid.  As we stand here six years later, it does fade from memory, and time IS the cure for most wounds of the soul/spirit (maybe not for those directly involved).  What I'm saying is that we CAN NEVER LET THIS FADE FROM MEMORY.  I would play videos of the attack EVERY DAY on prime time TV if it was up to me.  The way it is now, most  Americans do not feel as acutely outraged anymore (again except for those directly involved), therefore I believe that we (as a country) are living more "in fear", per se, of "terrostists".  This is exactly what they tried to achieve, hence the root word "terror".

IF the towers did not fall.
     IF so many weren't harmed
     IF so many others did not perish in the rescue attempts

the terrorists, would still have achieved their goals.  They took four jets and didi what they pleased with them and now WE ARE AFRAID(for the most part), and it is reflected in the changes we were forced to make in the way we run this great nation
.  Anyone who travels in this great land knows what I mean.

Shoe X-Rays???????
     Patriot Act.  (its my right as a private citizen to remaion just that)
     Extremely long security checkpoints (run mostly by clock punchers who aren't very attentive anyway)
     What do you mean I can't even take a bottle of water onboard, now?

Now that they have put the fear in us(not making accusations, just observations) they will not attack so blatently again.  Goal achieved.  To do so will only strenghten our reslove, and have all of us pulling in the same direction again.  Is I said, evil, not stupid they won't risk it. (reference Hiroshima/Nagasaki) not to justify the attacks on Japan, but just to show that  we can only be pushed so far.  After all......   we WILL put a boot in your ass, it IS the American way!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
<Salute>
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:57 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
....Habib the ****ed up Saudi extremists would not be impacted in anyway by it....  

...On the other hand, the tards calling for "nooking" and genocide her I can at least communicate directly with.

Well, seems to me that it would be far more productive to find a way to communicate directly with Habib and express displeasure than it would be to communicate with tards hear calling for nooking and genocide.

Habib and his ilk, unlike the tards here, may actually kill significant numbers of people.

I seriously doubt anyone on this BBS is really considering doing that and I further believe that those here know there will be no nooking.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
<Salute>
« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2007, 01:29:16 PM »
I was at work....

In a major U.S. city (not NYC)....

In a firehouse....

I'll let you guess what my thoughts were.
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.