Author Topic: Intersting comment on HO...  (Read 7049 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Intersting comment on HO...
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2007, 03:56:24 PM »
Originally posted by Boxboy

As for jealous, you will NEVER be a native American since you were not born here (not that naturalized Americans are less American so don't go there at the end of this post) and perhaps that is what gets your goat.

See, I told you were an idiot :rofl .  So, the European youths hate America because they could never be native Americans?  Are you for real? :rofl

Now, time for the bad news.  You are not native American either are you?:rofl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2007, 04:01:56 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I'm not questioning your service, it was your need to throw it out there like it gave you more credibilty then anyone else that caught my attention.  then it was throwing out the patriot bit, as if that gives you more credibilty to claim to be a patriot.

One has nothing to do with the other.  As for caring about things, those that know me would disagree with you.  As for impressing my squad or my buddies, again that's down the list of importance for me.

And you still didn't answer the question.  Define a patriot.

You know Guppy guys like you crack me up, you debate by making some statement that you feel everyone agrees to (including your opponet) and then building on that.

Guess what you don't speak for everyone, and ALOT of guys I know think serving your country DOES speak about that individuals partriotism.

Living up there in Minn close to Canada I guess you would view the guys that ran to Canada to escape the draft as patriots, I do not.

"My country, love it or leave it" doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  I think you have a right to object to the governments direction but NOT to the point that it is TREASON.  ANY protest that give hope to the enemy and causes harm to our troops is not acceptable in my view.

So now you have my view of partriotism, and doubt anything you would say will change it, as I am sure my views will never change your thoughts.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Tiger

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »
Wow, can someone say Hi-Jack?

This is a thread about HO's as a tactic and turns into a political slugfest.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: September 20, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
Originally posted by Tiger
Wow, can someone say Hi-Jack?

This is a thread about HO's as a tactic and turns into a political slugfest.

:rofl  That thread ended a few pages ago.  It was boring anyway.  We have moved on to how stupid can you be.  BoxBoy has the lead right now and I have the feeling he will be taking the trophy home :lol

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: September 20, 2007, 04:20:01 PM »
You know Guppy guys like you crack me up, you debate by making some statement that you feel everyone agrees to (including your opponet) and then building on that.

Guess what you don't speak for everyone, and ALOT of guys I know think serving your country DOES speak about that individuals partriotism.

Living up there in Minn close to Canada I guess you would view the guys that ran to Canada to escape the draft as patriots, I do not.

Just when an opinion of someone couldn't get any lower.
 Well.... the above post speaks for itself.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
:rofl  That thread ended a few pages ago.  It was boring anyway.  We have moved on to how stupid can you be.  BoxBoy has the lead right now and I have the feeling he will be taking the trophy home :lol

In general I would agree but to be sure I would like to clarify something.  What do you have against the fact that Greece was occupied by Nazi?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2007, 04:32:38 PM »
Originally posted by Vad
In general I would agree but to be sure I would like to clarify something.  What do you have against the fact that Greece was occupied by Nazi?

Read the post I was responding to.  The fact that Greece was occupied by the Nazi had nothing to do with what what he was talking about.  Then again, my English is better than his so maybe he just could not get his idea across :rofl

So, to keep it simple.  The fact that Greece was occupied by the Nazi was completely irrelevant to the conversation, and telling that to someone that never got to meet some of his family because of the Nazi occupation sounded like telling me that the ocean is wet.  

Then again, maybe I read it wrong since this native American does not seem to have master the language yet, lol.

Offline Vad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »
Read the post I was responding to.  The fact that Greece was occupied by the Nazi had nothing to do with what what he was talking about.  Then again, my English is better than his so maybe he just could not get his idea across :rofl

So, to keep it simple.  The fact that Greece was occupied by the Nazi was completely irrelevant to the conversation, and telling that to someone that never got to meet some of his family because of the Nazi occupation sounded like telling me that the ocean is wet.  

Then again, maybe I read it wrong since this native American does not seem to have master the language yet, lol.

Ok, thanks. I just wanted to clarify.  Anyway my English is below carpet, so that word game was beyond my understanding.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2007, 05:09:26 PM »

"My country, love it or leave it" doesn't seem unreasonable to me.  I think you have a right to object to the governments direction but NOT to the point that it is TREASON.  ANY protest that give hope to the enemy and causes harm to our troops is not acceptable in my view.

So now you have my view of partriotism, and doubt anything you would say will change it, as I am sure my views will never change your thoughts.

Ahh, so long as I think as you do, act as you do, and respond as you do, then I'm a a patriot.  But if I disagree with you or question my leaders, I'm treasonous.

Help me out here, just as an example.  A Friend of mine who was a WW2 vet combat pilot, who was later shot down and was a POW for a year after flying combat for a year, was vehemently opposed to our going into Iraq.  His comment was "That's not the type of country we are.  We're not the aggressors!"    (He has since passed away)

Was he a patriot or a traitor since he was vocal in his opposion.  I'd just like a ruling on that, as he is one of my heros.

And this means?

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Damn those revolutionaries!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2007, 05:13:57 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Just when an opinion of someone couldn't get any lower.
 Well.... the above post speaks for itself.

Bronk

Shrug as if I give (place your explicative), I have never cared much for your self serving smuggness either Bronk so I guess we are even.

If I put in a one liner everytime you said something I would have a hugh amount of posts also:cool:
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2007, 05:17:35 PM »

If I put in a one liner everytime you said something I would have a hugh amount of posts also:cool:

Don't strain that already overtaxed hamster wheel there box, it couldn't keep up.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Ahh, so long as I think as you do, act as you do, and respond as you do, then I'm a a patriot.  But if I disagree with you or question my leaders, I'm treasonous.

Help me out here, just as an example.  A Friend of mine who was a WW2 vet combat pilot, who was later shot down and was a POW for a year after flying combat for a year, was vehemently opposed to our going into Iraq.  His comment was "That's not the type of country we are.  We're not the aggressors!"    (He has since passed away)

Was he a patriot or a traitor since he was vocal in his opposion.  I'd just like a ruling on that, as he is one of my heros.

And this means?

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Damn those revolutionaries!

Well as to your friends opposition to the war No I don't view him as a traitor, but I doubt he would lend his name to NOT supporting the troops going in harms way or show to a protest that might have the same effect as not supporting them.

You know full well what free speech means and it does NOT mean you can yell "fire" in a croweded theater just to prove your right, are you saying the spy who hands over secrets to the enemy is just using his "free speech"

I never said you had to think like me in fact I doubt you ever will.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »

As usual Ded has a convient memory, not to mention his self serving slurs on my command of the language.

The point was that we helped REMOVE the Nazi's from his native country like we have helped numerous countries around the World.  Ded with his uncommon wit chose to redicule that action as being irrelevant or a nonevent (since it was convient to his POV)

You see folks like Ded want to enjoy mastery of the boards through intimadation of anyone who post opposing views to theirs' it's part of their thinking they are more important than anyone else
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 05:32:29 PM by Boxboy »
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2007, 05:34:56 PM »

You see folks like Ded want to enjoy mastery of the boards through intimadation of anyone who post opposing views to theirs' it's part of their thinking they are more important than anyone else

Hypocritical no?
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2007, 05:35:43 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Don't strain that already overtaxed hamster wheel there box, it couldn't keep up.

Bronk

yeah yeah your too smart too tough and just an all around american boy :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot