Author Topic: Intersting comment on HO...  (Read 7051 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Intersting comment on HO...
« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2007, 05:41:27 PM »
Originally posted by Boxboy
yeah yeah your too smart too tough and just an all around american boy :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Wow that really stings. Did ya come up with that all by yourself?
:rolleyes:

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2007, 05:44:26 PM »

The point was that we helped REMOVE the Nazi's from his native country like we have helped numerous countries around the World.  

Good thing they were in the way so that The Germans had to go through them first, considering how ill-prepared for war we were at the time.  That was a lot of time bought in other people's blood while we geared up.  Think that's why it was called a World War, not America saves the day.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2007, 05:45:44 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Wow that really stings. Did ya come up with that all by yourself?
:rolleyes:

Bronk

Naw I had YOUR help you are so inspirational :aok
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »
Boxboy, you're so narrow minded that I can hardly call you an American.

Serving the country is not limited to be in the military. Supporting the troops and be against the war is not mutually exclusive. Being born in US doesn't necessarily make you an American and being nationalist on AH message board won't make you a patriot. Chest thumping won't make you a hero and stupid blabber of yours won't make you smarter.

The only thing you have proved so far is that you suffer extreme case of superiority complex and that Vossism is far more common than we believed is the case.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2007, 05:58:01 PM »
Naw I had YOUR help you are so inspirational :aok

Good, now maybe you might be able to figure out why/how the collision model is a good thing.
Or is that still a bit much for you to figure out?
Yea that might be a bit much as your one liners are sub par.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2007, 06:28:42 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
Boxboy, you're so narrow minded that I can hardly call you an American.

Serving the country is not limited to be in the military. Supporting the troops and be against the war is not mutually exclusive. Being born in US doesn't necessarily make you an American and being nationalist on AH message board won't make you a patriot. Chest thumping won't make you a hero and stupid blabber of yours won't make you smarter.

The only thing you have proved so far is that you suffer extreme case of superiority complex and that Vossism is far more common than we believed is the case.

so sez 2bighorn, now lets hear what you have done for your country, so far all that spews out of you is drivil.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2007, 06:31:26 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Good, now maybe you might be able to figure out why/how the collision model is a good thing.
Or is that still a bit much for you to figure out?
Yea that might be a bit much as your one liners are sub par.

Bronk

Awww I am soooo sorry I don't measure up to the Bronk Standard, BTW who hell are you anyway, must be pretty important the way you puff up:D
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2007, 06:46:05 PM »
Boxboy, isnt about time you go back to stocking up the local walmart or whatever it is you do....

I have no problem with you (or anyone) getting their fair share of drivel in. But trust me you've exceeded the reasonable limit by a hefty margin.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2007, 06:57:03 PM »
Awww I am soooo sorry I don't measure up to the Bronk Standard, BTW who hell are you anyway, must be pretty important the way you puff up:D

Well now, since you were so good ad judging people's patriotism. I figured I try a judging lesser subject.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2007, 07:05:20 PM »
lol vossism.  I think your self proclaimed patriotism should be revoked for skipping over alot of the free speech thing.  Ya ya, you can't yell fire it a movie theatre, but what about the part about the right to petition the government?  What about standing up as a country to do what you think is right.  I believe that would be considered patriotic, yet, according to you, it is treason.  I guess the whole United states is based on treason against the England.  This is where people forget how important free speech is, its not just about being able to say stuff.  The constition was designed to give some power to the people, to help keep the government on track.  If you want to sit around, gloat, and talk about the past and why everyone should worship the ground you walk on that's your right.  I don't see anything patriotic about that action at all.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2007, 07:20:56 PM »
This is an amazing thread. Boxboy has stated some amazing things.

Here's my take...

1) Inasmuch as 21% of the active US military was born in some other nation or territory/commonwealth, you must realize that there's an awful lot of foreigners putting their life on the line for this nation. I say, anyone who serves a tour in our military should receive automatic citizenship. They earned it.

2) Serving is a duty, not an excuse to chest thump.

3) People have the right to disagree. As a veteran, I risked my bacon to preserve that right. They have every right to disagree with the government. It's not a matter of whether they are right or wrong either..

4) This nation is a nation of immigrants. Always has been, always will be. There's always the "we were here first" crowd who are too obtuse to recognize that their ancestors were subject to the same stupidity. Think about it, native Americans have been fighting a war on terror since 1492...

5) Being a veteran doesn't make you a super-patriot. I'm a veteran, strapped my arse into an airplane every day and got shot off the pointy end of a carrier. It was my job. Some guys keep our parks clean, some work hard to raise responsible kids into good citizens. Some enforce the laws. Everyone can contribute in some way. Not everyone has to wear a uniform, and they certainly don't need a uniform to have my respect.

6) The entire attitude that people who disagree with one's concept of the nation is either unpatriotic or even a personal enemy, this utterly baffles me.

Boxboy wrote: "I am a natureal born American (1943 in Lansing, MI), served my country right out of high school (1961-1965) was in during the Cuban Missle Crisis and the beginning of outright Hostilies in Viet Nam. Later (after the service) started and operated my own business for a number of years until I retired a few years ago."

Here's a clue... You were a peace-time soldier, and damn fortunate too.

As to pedigree... My first ancestor to arrive in America did so 10 years BEFORE any white man saw Plymouth Rock. 1610 as part of the Jamestown relief expedition (with Lord De La Warr). My paternal great-great grandfather commanded an artillery unit in Alexander's Battalion, Longstreet's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia.  My maternal great great grandfather served as a Private in a Pennsylvania infantry regiment, and was wounded twice (Chancellorsville and Gettysburg). Oh yeah, he was born in Germany in 1834. My maternal grandfather served in France with the 28th Infantry (Pennsylvania National Guard) and was wounded severely in the Argonne. My father fought in the Hurtgen Forest and was among first units to cross the Rhine at Remagen. Finally, I served in the US Navy.

What's my point? Nothing in my background permits me to look down on anyone else. Nothing in my history (family and personal) gives me the right to belittle others who disagree with me because I'm some sort of specially entitled super-citizen.

I've watched you attack and lambast good, decent folks throughout this thread, and I think you did so because you think you've somehow earned that right. Well, you haven't earned anything of the kind. It's time you stuck a sock in it and preserved what shreds of good will that remain.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #146 on: September 20, 2007, 07:33:30 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
This is an amazing thread. Boxboy has stated some amazing things.

Here's my take...

1) Inasmuch as 21% of the active US military was born in some other nation or territory/commonwealth, you must realize that there's an awful lot of foreigners putting their life on the line for this nation. I say, anyone who serves a tour in our military should receive automatic citizenship. They earned it.

2) Serving is a duty, not an excuse to chest thump.

3) People have the right to disagree. As a veteran, I risked my bacon to preserve that right. They have every right to disagree with the government. It's not a matter of whether they are right or wrong either..

4) This nation is a nation of immigrants. Always has been, always will be. There's always the "we were here first" crowd who are too obtuse to recognize that their ancestors were subject to the same stupidity. Think about it, native Americans have been fighting a war on terror since 1492...

5) Being a veteran doesn't make you a super-patriot. I'm a veteran, strapped my arse into an airplane every day and got shot off the pointy end of a carrier. It was my job. Some guys keep our parks clean, some work hard to raise responsible kids into good citizens. Some enforce the laws. Everyone can contribute in some way. Not everyone has to wear a uniform, and they certainly don't need a uniform to have my respect.

6) The entire attitude that people who disagree with one's concept of the nation is either unpatriotic or even a personal enemy, this utterly baffles me.

Boxboy wrote: "I am a natureal born American (1943 in Lansing, MI), served my country right out of high school (1961-1965) was in during the Cuban Missle Crisis and the beginning of outright Hostilies in Viet Nam. Later (after the service) started and operated my own business for a number of years until I retired a few years ago."

Here's a clue... You were a peace-time soldier, and damn fortunate too.

As to pedigree... My first ancestor to arrive in America did so 10 years BEFORE any white man saw Plymouth Rock. 1610 as part of the Jamestown relief expedition (with Lord De La Warr). My paternal great-great grandfather commanded an artillery unit in Alexander's Battalion, Longstreet's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia.  My maternal great great grandfather served as a Private in a Pennsylvania infantry regiment, and was wounded twice (Chancellorsville and Gettysburg). Oh yeah, he was born in Germany in 1834. My maternal grandfather served in France with the 28th Infantry (Pennsylvania National Guard) and was wounded severely in the Argonne. My father fought in the Hurtgen Forest and was among first units to cross the Rhine at Remagen. Finally, I served in the US Navy.

What's my point? Nothing in my background permits me to look down on anyone else. Nothing in my history (family and personal) gives me the right to belittle others who disagree with me because I'm some sort of specially entitled super-citizen.

I've watched you attack and lambast good, decent folks throughout this thread, and I think you did so because you think you've somehow earned that right. Well, you haven't earned anything of the kind. It's time you stuck a sock in it and preserved what shreds of good will that remain.

My regards,

Widewing

Thanks for your views and your service here's a clue for you I received along with the rest of my unit, the Presidential Unit Citation for the Cuban Missile Crisis, sorry you feel that was not an important event in World History.

BTW Viet Nam went from 1964 to 1973 and my petigree is as good as yours and I could quote all my ancestors and where they were, my dad was Iwo Jima for starters, but that has nothing to with anything you said nor does my postion, just because YOU say what I think doesn't make it so.

Put sock in your own mouth if you wish but don't presume to tell me how to live (since you fought so bravely to insure that I could)

My Regards,
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 07:44:13 PM by Boxboy »
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: September 20, 2007, 07:34:49 PM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
biggest bullcrap ever we applied for statehood the European nations voted, we got a country i dont see america anywhere in israel's history in 1948:rofl

but seriosuly keep thinking that. America #1!:lol

well at one point AMERICA was great, and i still love my country,  but since power hungry men have taken over,  this country has changed ALOT,
  GOD and  family where the most important things in this country,

now we judge our people{and others} by there wealth and there toys, and feel that this is what makes a person.
   we think we have the right to force  our believes on others,  and man what asinine believes we have in this country.
    america has turned what was good into bad, and what was bad good

evenhaim believe me not all Americans are what the world thinks we are.
 as a matter of fact i HATE my government they are a bunch of murdering bast@rds.   but then again because i say GOD has talked to me,   im insane
   he has talked to me so much i tattood his name on my face.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: September 20, 2007, 07:38:05 PM »
lol dont worry i have family that lives in america, and i myself studied there as a child hence my english :p but yes i know boxboy is "special"

freezman
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: September 20, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »
As usual Ded has a convient memory, not to mention his self serving slurs on my command of the language.

The point was that we helped REMOVE the Nazi's from his native country like we have helped numerous countries around the World.  Ded with his uncommon wit chose to redicule that action as being irrelevant or a nonevent (since it was convient to his POV)

You see folks like Ded want to enjoy mastery of the boards through intimadation of anyone who post opposing views to theirs' it's part of their thinking they are more important than anyone else

BoxBoy, I love you.  You are one of the funniest people in here.  :lol

I am still waiting for an answer btw.  Do you really think European youth hate America because they can't be native Americans? Are you really that stupid?  Bah, don't answer that, lol.  Do you hate America too since you cant be a Native American? lol

Do my questions intimidate you?  Maybe I should just spew some garbage with nothing to back it up like you do?  Would that be better?  

Thanks for helping save my country but I guess we helped save yours from the bad Koreans.  We are even I guess, lol.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.