Author Topic: Intersting comment on HO...  (Read 7050 times)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Intersting comment on HO...
« Reply #150 on: September 20, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »
Originally posted by Boxboy
I received along with the rest of my unit, the Presidential Unit Citation for the Cuban Missile Crisis
To important comrade as you are, it was probably presented by Castro himself...

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2007, 08:02:51 PM »
Thanks for your views and your service here's a clue for you I received along with the rest of my unit, the Presidential Unit Citation for the Cuban Missile Crisis, sorry you feel that was not an important event in World History.

BTW Viet Nam went from 1964 to 1973 and my petigree is as good as yours and I could quote all my ancestors and where they were, my dad was Iwo Jima for starters, but that has nothing to with anything you said nor does my postion, just because YOU say what I think doesn't make it so.

Put sock in your own mouth if you wish but don't presume to tell me how to live (since you fought so bravely to insure that I could)

My Regards,

A PUC for not fighting? As far as I know Kennedy only authorized PUCs for the 4080th Strategic Wing and 363rd Tactical Reconnaissance Wing. They earned it, flying dangerous missions keeping tabs on the Soviets. What was your unit?

As to the rest, you only serve to prove my point. The right to free speech does not include to right to belittle or ridicule those who disagree. No one has the right to be abusive. Seriously, consider cutting your losses.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:39 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing
A PUC for not fighting? As far as I know Kennedy only authorized PUCs for the 4080th Strategic Wing and 363rd Tactical Reconnaissance Wing. They earned it, flying dangerous missions keeping tabs on the Soviets. What was your unit?

As to the rest, you only serve to prove my point. The right to free speech does not include to right to belittle or ridicule those who disagree. No one has the right to be abusive. Seriously, consider cutting your losses.

My regards,

Widewing

guess you better check your facts more carefully, you will find several PUC's awarded to SAC at the time, but guess your not as well informed as I thought.  BTW my outfit was the 576th SMS check it out.

As to the last paragraph just who is belittling who here? Looks like I am the one receiving the brunt of the belittling here not that it bothers me much, the big flame machine turned on me has little effect since I regard most of the posters lightly.

I know who I am and what I have done and thats good enough for me.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2007, 08:29:08 PM »
I wish I could do something important so I can belittle people in a video game. Maybe if I'd have joined the military I could come on here and be all high and mighty. I think it's about time to issue the distinguished "Rainbow Warrior" award.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2007, 08:59:13 PM »
BTW my outfit was the 576th SMS check it out.
What crew? Did you know somebody from R-02?

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2007, 11:40:11 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
What crew? Did you know somebody from R-02?

We had alot of crews, we were a training outfit after all, in fact the PUC was for going from training status to Operational in 24 hours.

I was at B-site, an Atlas F silo, site commander was LT Col Wojnar as I recall but has been a long time since I was there (over 40 years ago)

Squadron 1st Shirt was CMS Funk I will always remember that name cause it was so unusal or least I thought so.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2007, 12:08:32 AM »
in fact the PUC was for going from training status to Operational in 24 hours.
No matter how hard I try, I can't remember any 1SAD unit getting PUC since WWII and I'm pretty certain 576 SMS didn't get any in it's last 1961-66 assignment.
576B never had any F silo
Do you know anyone from 576A?

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2007, 12:23:54 AM »
No matter how hard I try, I can't remember any 1SAD unit getting PUC since WWII and I'm pretty certain 576 SMS didn't get any in it's last 1961-66 assignment.
576B never had any F silo
Do you know anyone from 576A?

Heh I should have known you were trying to set me up NOW I want you to put your money where your mouth is I can PROVE with miltary records what awards I got and where.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sure as hell isn't Vandenberg AFB or the 15th AIR Force or SAC or the 576th Strategic Missile Squardron. and if think there was NEVER a B-site Atlas F site, how would you like me to walk you to it.  

All the atlas stuff is declassified now so worrys.

So bring your money (as much as you want to lose and take me up)
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2007, 01:18:15 AM »
Heh I should have known you were trying to set me up NOW I want you to put your money where your mouth is I can PROVE with miltary records what awards I got and where.
I can prove I worked for CIA, flew F16, bought P-51...
I'm not trying to set you up. You already did that all by your own.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sure as hell isn't Vandenberg AFB or the 15th AIR Force or SAC or the 576th Strategic Missile Squardron. and if think there was NEVER a B-site Atlas F site, how would you like me to walk you to it.
1SAD had nothing to do with 15th AF during your alleged service nor did 576th.

576B - Atlas D,  576D, 576E - Atlas F.

I'm sure after googling a bit, you'll remember where in Vendy those damn Atlas F were.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 01:20:39 AM by 2bighorn »

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2007, 01:22:46 AM »
2bighorn = MetaVoss?  :noid

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: September 21, 2007, 01:38:31 AM »
I can prove I worked for CIA, flew F16, bought P-51...
I'm not trying to set you up. You already did that all by your own.

1SAD had nothing to do with 15th AF during your alleged service nor did 576th.

576B - Atlas D,  576D, 576E - Atlas F.

I'm sure after googling a bit, you'll remember where in Vendy those damn Atlas F were.

I suppose I googled my dd214 also and your full of crap about the 15th Air force and Vandenberg from 1962 to 1965, but I see YOU did some googling cause I found the same stuff you did, but it didn't go on to speak about our F silo's (I guess be cause we were training outfit) but we had them and where I said, so let me know how we are going to do this deal I am willing to prove my stuff.
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: September 21, 2007, 02:09:52 AM »
LOL, 576th was attached to 1st Strategic Aerospace Division (1SAD) from 1959 to 1966. 1SAD was operational component of SAC. Don't know how you got 15th AF there.
As for your Atlas F, not at 576B. OSTF1 didn't have them either but D and E.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 02:11:55 AM by 2bighorn »

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2007, 02:18:41 AM »
but I see YOU did some googling cause I found the same stuff you did
Well, at least you admit your info is from internet.

You still didn't answer which crew you were part of. I'm sure you would remember that.

Offline Boxboy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2007, 02:29:08 AM »
Yeah lets let all the folks read this site and see if I am lying, cause to date you have proved NOTHING and alleged much.

http://www.usafpatches.com/sacdiv.shtml

If that doesn't do it I will scan my DD-214 so you can choke on it
Sub Lt BigJim
801 Sqn FAA
Pilot

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2007, 02:42:32 AM »
Uh, your link does not confirm what you said, you're getting confused now.

Look at the image bellow. That's your B site in 1967.  All I see are Atlas D Coffins. No F silo at B site. In lower left out of the picture is more of B site and little further OSTF1 and I can assure you there were no Fs. In upper left corner is (I'm sure) something very familiar to you...