Author Topic: Why we need a black president  (Read 4544 times)

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Why we need a black president
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
What... you respect Thomas Jefferson?

Thomas Jefferson was red headed??

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: September 19, 2007, 01:32:53 PM »
Yup
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2007, 01:35:17 PM »
Was he a step-child?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »
Originally posted by moot

LEADPIG, I don't mean to cop out, but there's no doubt to me that there's a corelation between appearance and personality. Color of skin, local environment etc do play a part in the evolution of culture because culture is just the mosaic of all its authoring people.
E.G. You wouldn't find (given large enough sample of parallel universes) white europeans' culture and folklore etc perfectly matching that of africans, no matter how many times you rolled the dice.

I think a person's personality determines their appearance, i.e. the way they dress and such.  I don't think their appearance, race or otherwise determines their personality. Local environment plays a huge part in culture, while i think color of skin plays hardly any at all, if at all. You seem to be making the assumption of all because a certain group with a certain skin color is most often seen acting in such a way. In reality the color has nothing to do with it, it's just that society and nature has made us group together either because of where we live, or because of the fact that man's shallow eye can't see past color and it causes us to seperate ourselves. When we seperate ourselves, local traditions and cultures are born. Why does it seem like race or color is a deciding factor? It's because man decides to seperate himself along such inconsequential borders, and doesn't realize it, and then thinks race is the reason.

Ever see a black fellow from Britain talk and you can't tell the difference from the whitest white guy from the U.K. around. Or hear a white guy raised in Africa, and have the blackest, black African accent around. It's not the race, it's how we see ourselves, seperate ourselves, and develop our cultures because of this.

You ought to see me lol. I don't like rap, don't talk in ebonics, don't wear baggy pants, and don't blame "The man". lol

I'm almost the opposite, although i was raised around, all black people, till about 14 or 15, in a very urban, ghetto environment, amidst drive by shootings, and friends in jail. What i had, was most important, parents that cared, a good home, a way to get out, (grandparents had a big home in the country). Most kids i knew had none of this. They were like th folks in the New Orleans flood, which is why i understood it.

I remember going to a friends house to ask if he could stay over the night. I went into the house (apartment in the projects) with him to ask and was confronted with about 7 brothers and sisters all wild in a house with no mom or dad. Mom was on crack,  dad was in jail. Poverty like you wouldn't believe, hardly no furniture, house was dark, and low on everything. I asked if it was ok, the oldest sister said fine, (she's about 17 and running the house).

Why was everyone poor in the house? A number of reasons. One is, their mom and dad came from a house that was born in the 50's and 60's, mass discrimination, no rights, lynchings, a black man could get killed and the police thought it was a joke, ok bad time, not their fault, America was just screwed up. Go back another generation, your in the 20's and 30's, oh boy that's even worse, go back again, it's the 1800's even worse. Then it's mom was a freed slave, and their parents were born into slavery. So these people were born into a bad situation not of their own doing, and what does that cause? A lack of hope, no hope you have failure, crime, it's not good. Was all that those people's fault? No. Alot of it was America's fault and all the reprecussions that it's affinity for slavery and racism caused, and were're still seeing those effects today. That's one of the things the flood in New Orleans exposed. It's not all of America's fault, it's just getting so people who came from that background can get outta that mess. But after America sucker kicks you in the balls that hard, it's gonna be hard to get up.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »
nice theory ledpig but that is all it is.... it matters not if you or your parents were picked on because of your appearance... it has been decades...  You looked at a situation where everyone in the house was doing drugs and there were 7 illigitimate kids and you made them..... victims.... victims?   see... you and I will never agree.   They are making victims of themselves for no good reason.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2007, 02:45:45 PM »
curval... I know that you are not from here but... the "media" is not the only info we get... I don't think that anyone here on this board will say that the riots over rodney king or the looting in new orleans or any of the basketball riots were white riots or did not have 99% blacks.

as for whites looting... I would shoot a white trying to loot just as soon as I would anyone else... no problem there.    But.... if one white was looting out of say....every 10,000 and if 999 negros were looting out of every few thousand...  I might act differently when seeing a group of whites compared to seeing a group of negros in that situation.

I would be cautious in any case tho.

The FBI stats are what they are also... the crime rate is much higher for some races...  negros commit over half the homicides in this country for instance and are 7 times more likely to attack whites than vice versa.

you would be foolish to ignore these stats and to say that you were at no more risk being around one race than the other.  

you don't see whites burning their neighborhoods to the ground over a verdict or some slight...  the "media" has nothing to do with it.    

lazs

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2007, 06:31:49 PM »
USA Today- The Rev. Jesse Jackson criticized Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., for "acting like he's white" when it comes to the case of six young blacks who were charged with crimes in Jena, La., according to The (Charleston, S.C.) State.

Obama, a Democratic presidential candidate, issued what the civil rights leader describes as a tepid response to the case, The State reports. “If I were a candidate, I’d be all over Jena,” Jackson tells  the paper after giving a speech in Columbia SC.  

Saying that somebody should act a certain way because of his race is apparently not racism.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2007, 12:23:45 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
nice theory ledpig but that is all it is.... it matters not if you or your parents were picked on because of your appearance... it has been decades...  You looked at a situation where everyone in the house was doing drugs and there were 7 illigitimate kids and you made them..... victims.... victims?   see... you and I will never agree.   They are making victims of themselves for no good reason.

lazs

They were born victims pretty much and then have to work their way out of a really bad situation that America put them in, and there still recovering from.  Just as sure as a crack baby is born and then someone says. "Don't take crack, it's easy for me not to do it, what's your problem, what are you weak or something? Answer.. i wasn't born a crack baby.

I'm surprised the Jewish made it back from the Holacaust so quickly and strongly. I wouldn't want to go toe to toe with Israel right now. They ain't taking no watermelon from no one lol... I love that about them. :)  But i feel like they haven't been wallowing in their depression as much either. Of coarse the Holacaust wasn't a couple hundred yeeeeeaaars of social and racial rape of a people either.

Dangit where's your compassion and understanding Lasz? Just because you say something like that about soneone doesn't mean there're complete victims. Just a bit disadvantaged, that's all.

It's like the way people used to make fun of how black folks talked and their inability to read. When they weren't, by law, allowed too. Well what do they expect? It's not a theory Lasz, it still hasn't reached an equal level. When my mom tells me of being called ****** and not being allowed to vote. That ain't too long ago, that's just one generation removed. The civil rights movement wasn't that long ago in the whole scheme of things. That's when things first started to change from the way they were before, from hundreds of years before that. Reversing a couple hundred years of wrongs ain't gonna take over night. 30 or 40 years ain't a drop in the bucket to that. So come on Lasz understand that one point and we can move it along another ten minutes. I'll get the black folks to understand that they are not victims anymore, and we can move the time up to 20 minutes closer to total equality. I can't tell which is going to be harder, convincing you, or convincing them..:p

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2007, 12:31:11 AM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
Saying that somebody should act a certain way because of his race is apparently not racism.

Oh come on Jesse Jackson "acting like he's white" i hate that statement, from a man that should know better. Anybody who had the guts to walk alongside Martin Luther King in the heat of the civil rights movement, when it wasn't very popular, or good for your health, oughto know better.

I wished they'd hold off a little bit before they declare everything racism. Things aren't as bad as they used to be Jesse, most folks are good. Maybe he has post traumtic stress disorder from the bad old days and is just flinching at everything. If i was standing next to my friend on a balcony and saw him get shot over that crap, i might be jumpy too.

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2007, 12:57:44 AM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
But i feel like they haven't been wallowing in their depression as much either. Of coarse the Holacaust wasn't a couple hundred yeeeeeaaars of social and racial rape of a people either.

No, it wasn't. What it was was just a couple years of wholesale industrialized slaughter, immediately preceded and followed by a period of passive and active persecution that has persisted for a couple millenia now. Starting with the Romans, and carried on, most recently, by Mel Gibson (Mel Gibson I mention only jokingly).

I know you weren't born a crack-baby, leadpig... You mentioned that in the beginning of the quoted post, but how much of it did you have to smoke to make that comparison with a straight face?

The Jews were never victims because they never allowed themselves to be treated like victims. Not now and not 15 minutes after the holocaust ended. Yes, they're known to ***** and moan from time to time, but when it comes down to it, the Jews always took care of each other, and took care of business. Their special interest groups were their families and friends, not bleeding heart hippies who acted out of pity and a total lack of understanding--to put a bandaid on a gaping headwound.

Why, I wonder, was the approach that much different?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:05:29 AM by Neubob »

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by Neubob
No, it wasn't. What it was was just a couple years of wholesale industrialized slaughter, immediately preceded and followed by a period of passive and active persecution that has persisted for a couple millenia now. Starting with the Romans, and carried on, most recently, by Mel Gibson (Mel Gibson I mention only jokingly).

I know you weren't born a crack-baby, leadpig... You mentioned that in the beginning of the quoted post, but how much of it did you have to smoke to make that comparison with a straight face?

The Jews were never victims because they never allowed themselves to be treated like victims. Not now and not 15 minutes after the holocaust ended. Yes, they're known to ***** and moan from time to time, but when it comes down to it, the Jews always took care of each other, and took care of business. Their special interest groups were their families and friends, not bleeding heart hippies who acted out of pity and a total lack of understanding--to put a bandaid on a gaping headwound.

Why, I wonder, was the approach that much different?

Yea Neaubob i can't decide which was worse. Honestly i think i would have rather been a slave compared to the holacaust. Picking coton don't seem so bad compared to that lol. Yea i wasn't really talking about the milenia of bigotry on Jews, sheesh, how could i have forgot that!!....:confused: :O

And also i don't know what it was but the Jewish people pulling themselves up after that atrocity so quickly i think is one of the seven wonders of the world. I respect Israel immensely. I tell ya one thing if Hitler tried that crap now he'd have another thing coming that's for sure. I wondered why the slavery ancestors can't do that. Seem to be more a center on family and pulling together with the Holacaust survivors. I wish you could bottle some of that strength and sale it honestly. But i don't think anyone would want to pay the price.
 S~:aok

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2007, 01:41:16 AM »
There are plenty of little hitler still out there, trying to get big. Call them Islamists, call them Neonazis, call them crazy Russian nationalists. And they all have plenty of work to do, to.... I guess you can say that the cool thing about anti-semitism is that thanks to the Jews' resilience, it can come back into vogue very quickly.

That's the price I think you're talking about, but then again, we've all got our own sack of potatoes to haul around.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2007, 05:12:52 AM »
is this topic still going.

on a lighter note WHAT ABOUT THEM 49ERS:aok
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2007, 06:57:29 AM »
Originally posted by kilz
is this topic still going.

on a lighter note WHAT ABOUT THEM 49ERS:aok

I like Dem Cowboys Kilz, and Texans. Hey... I'm Texan ok.     :D

On a lighter note. I wonder if different color hamsters discriminate against each other??  :rolleyes:

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #134 on: September 20, 2007, 07:21:17 AM »
"Of coarse the Holacaust wasn't a couple hundred yeeeeeaaars of social and racial rape of a people either.".  

Careful.   Jews have been persecuted for THOUSANDS of years.  Next time you happen to pick up a bible read the old testament.  One example would be Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt.  Why was he doing this?  Because they had been set free from slavery...until of course the Egyptians changed their minds (bad move on their part as it turned out).
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain