Author Topic: Average online lifespan of a AH'r  (Read 3949 times)

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Average online lifespan of a AH'r
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2007, 10:57:40 PM »
In the sig.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2007, 11:10:29 PM »
HAH. I fail.

The introduction of high school's 11th grade says blah. No more games.
BUT I'll still be a nerd and post despite being a free loader.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2007, 11:32:22 PM »
AH is a better game technically, but AW had a better community spirit.
It was smaller (although AH was pretty small at the start too), and we knew everyone.

I kinda miss AW, but wouldn't go back. I'm hooked here.

RTR
The Damned

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 01:01:53 AM »
13-14 years beginning with DOS AW. It's all a blur.....

Offline jhookt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 01:21:18 AM »
2 and a half years now.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 07:16:23 AM »
Been here since the first beta, missed the first tour of pay for play. Then managed to bring the whole squad over from WB. Been here pretty much ever since.

Took a few months off last year this time, but acct was never closed. (ty HTC & skuzzy! )

Hopefully when that day comes when the big guy upstairs needs another vet . I'll have just finished landing a 3 kill sortie and they will have to pry my joystick out of my hands.  :) I'm hoping to be flying bomber and goon runs in my 70's.

Till then I aim to fly and enjoy AH as long as I can. I'm 55 now and getting older and slower, but still hanging in there. :)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »
Been here from late 2000 until AH2 came out. Had to leave then becuase the laptop could not handle AH2 (no i was not silly enough to replace a fully working laptop for a game :D ). Came back about a year ago and have no idea how long ill stay... prolly a long time.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »
Started - Tour 26 - 03/2002
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Jarski

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 09:08:11 AM »
Been playing since beta, if I remember correctly I started late fall 1998 or winter 1999 or something like that.

Ceeray , Yareec , Magyar , Jarsci and such were my callsigns.

As Jarsci I played at least for 6 years.

I play less and less every year. The game seems to keep the same while the world and pc technology anvances whole time.

At least graphics , shooting and damage modelling should be comparable to early IL2 which came more than 5 years ago!

..but they´re not.

The only thing makes me come back is a strong Finnish community playing. without them I would be gone in a heartbeat without regrets.
Flare to land , squat to pee..

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 09:29:04 AM »
I've been playing on and off since 2002... A lot's changed since those days, and I'll have to say that it's changed for the better.

Though we never have 750 people in any single arena anymore, the fights are better, the flight modeling is better, the graphics are better, and the sounds are much improved (courtesy of several dedicated AHII players).

It's been a good run, and I hope it'll continue to run for a very long time.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Been here what? My 4'th month. Im 50yo and never played an on-line game before let alone a flight game. My kid is mad about them. Its the big stick I hold over him. If he screws up I lock him out of his computers.

Boy when I hear some of these voices on the vox it makes me feel old. Droning along in a bomber is about my speed right now. I have better things to do, I just dont feel like doing them.:rofl
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 10:28:01 AM »
My account was created in December 2002 and I subscribed in December 2005. I've been regularly playing since March 2005 (had a big gap between AHII release and that date).
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »
17 years I think...

and HiTech is still in learning to code :)
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
My average life span is about 15 minutes.  I usually die after taking off and flying one sector :)

I am coming up on 1 year...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:16 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
i would keep paying the subscription even if i played once a year. htc deserve to live well and get fat off this creation it has brought much joy to many people.

its such a good deal i dont want to get the 6 month sub at a time deal. its worth the money 12 months a year.

I'm with Sir Bat on this one.

I don't care if I play once a fortnight or every day... the $20 AUD is deserved as they have provided a reliable service which has brought me a great deal of immersion.... good, bad and otherwise.

Maybe not once a year.... haha. I do believe in being a loyal customer though and HTC have earned my loyalty.

They get me as close as I'll ever be to flying a 109 and I've met a great bunch of guys through this game. We just had a Raw Prawns BBQ and got pissed at PommyB's house whilst duelling each other in the DA on a LAN. hahaha.

That was a good night.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"