Author Topic: Average online lifespan of a AH'r  (Read 3951 times)

Offline Carwash

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Average online lifespan of a AH'r
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2007, 12:01:36 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
If i would own this great game i would pay more attention to the new players, once they get in game  disoriented, advertising cost $$, why lose them ? this game should have at least 4-5 times more players in prime time with a little  "noob management ".

You know what's funny is that even when I read ghi's stuff, I hear his voice in my head.

I'm just at a year in AH2.  Flew AW years ago when it was free on AOL.  Real life caught up to me when it went premium.  Now the kids are pretty much grown, a little more money is floating around the house, and I'm addicted.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Average online lifespan of a AH'r
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
A little over a year here for me.  Haven't been flying as much lately due to some hectic schedules and some minor mishaps around the house but I don't see myself leaving any time soon.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2007, 12:26:54 PM »
4 months now and counting.  It's flying by pretty quick!  Lol Get it?  Flying?  It's been a great distractor from my business and family stresses.:)
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2007, 01:22:39 PM »
Probably there are a lot of older players doing alpha testing of combat tour that we dont see anymore because its a lot more fun doing that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Aidoneus

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.midwest-mafia.org-a.googlepages.com/home
How long I had an Account with Ah
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 01:13:46 AM »
I had an account for nearly 5 years with a short 1 month intermission and a name change. I flew with the 444th AirMafia for about 3-4 yrs. and with the Midwest Mafia for about a year.

I have decided to again take a break because the game was getting rather stale with the same maps and the same whines over and over every day.

I keep checking the bulletine boards to see if there are any changes in the wind but all you see is the same old dirty laundry.

I'll be back when there are some fresh maps or they do away the "ENY".

ENY should never get so high as to ground everything but a Jeep and a C47. I thought the purpose was to balance out not actually cripple a country with ENY.

Reading and waiting...................... ........

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 02:26:14 AM »
Rust, my first AH ID was flying in tour 12.  While it's never been overwhelming hours, it's been a constant part of my time since then and prior to that in AW from 96 on.

My energy goes in cycles for it.  Right now it's caught up in the scenario so getting into the MA seems tougher to do until the scenario is over.  But I'm having as much fun as I've ever had so I guess that means something:aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 07:34:33 AM »
Originally posted by Chalenge
Probably there are a lot of older players doing alpha testing of combat tour that we dont see anymore because its a lot more fun doing that.

Nope, I don't think so.

Really good sticks, and OLD sticks burn out and fade away for a bit.

But then the bug bites and they are back, ussually under a new name.

Offline Anchor

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2007, 04:36:42 PM »
I've been a member for a long time, since in AW (I think) planes were just dots and the sky was always blue, mountains had no texture and were always triangles, and it was then the only game in town.

I quit in January, 2006 to get my Master's degree. There was simply no way to do that with this game on my computer :). I graduate December 15th, so I'm contemplating a return.

So much has changed (arenas) and the JB's are even gone. Geesh.

Skeeter00

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »
I can't calculate how much I've paid since I don't remember when the price dropped from $29.99/month to $14.99/month.  I've been a paid subscriber since v1.03, even in the times I am not playing as I like that HTC is a small company going it alone and I want to help support that kind of business.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2007, 12:15:35 AM »
I've only been in the game for two years now, and I get so mad at it at times I could chew nails. But go right back to it the next day or two. I love it and hope it pisses me off for years to come :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2007, 01:25:24 AM »
I started in early 2005 IIRC, and I've taken a 4 month break but I maintained my subscription throughout! :D
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2007, 03:20:57 AM »
signed up for AH1 in 2003, paid every months since....

...hang on, i already posted in this thread before... :eek:
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2007, 03:45:48 AM »
Since late 2002 with only a short break to relocate back to the U.K.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2007, 05:24:55 AM »
People come and then leave but mostly they come back in two weeks :lol

Been here awhile now , not planing on ever leaveing . Did once like most folks , learned my lesson and came back .

When you feel the game isn't fun I find it's because your tired . Rest up some , but don't quit . That's what I do now .
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2007, 06:06:28 AM »
I came to AH right after AW closed up shop. My first tour in here was in December of 2001, I played AW for 2-3 years before coming over here.