Author Topic: Ground Detail  (Read 2017 times)

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2007, 10:35:17 PM »
I just simply stated the real issue. I  have not stated any ideas on how to fix it.\\

How do u know that this issue can not be fix without all the difficulties You see?

Therrrrrrrr is way to much presumption oh your part.

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2007, 10:37:55 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Does anyone really think anything is gained by pushing honest customers out the door, in order to change the game to keep those who will happily use whatever exploit they can in check?

You want to cull some customers, ban the guys who use the exploits, don't **** on the customers who've been your bread and butter.

Seriously, what kind of logic is that?

One could easily reword that post and come up with a whole different take on it.

Do you really think anything is gained by pushing honest customers out the door, by not changing the game to stop those who will happily use whatever exploit they can?

How can they really ban anyone for doing it, if it's built into the game?

Seriously, what kind of logic is that?

FireDrgn someone else turning their volume down will not affect what you hear, it only affects what they hear. If you can't hear someone sneaking up on your six then either your volume setting is turned down too low or your engine is running.
"strafing"

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2007, 10:48:38 PM »
You dont know what im talking about. Your journey to the dark side is not complete

If I turn all sounds down and turn external sounds up. I can hear your tank while i am moving. Its no differant than removing the trees. Im removing the sounds. I then turn the sound YOUR tank makes UP. I can hear u moving u cant hear me.   I WIN

P.S. WERE did hubspost go
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2007, 11:05:05 PM »
Originally posted by FireDrgn
You dont know what im talking about. Your journey to the dark side is not complete

If I turn all sounds down and turn external sounds up. I can hear your tank while i am moving. Its no differant than removing the trees. Im removing the sounds. I then turn the sound YOUR tank makes UP. I can hear u moving u cant hear me.   I WIN

P.S. WERE did hubspost go

Yea I know what you mean in regards to that. I thought you were saying they turned their volume down, then you could no longer hear them.

Personally I just ride in my pintle gun position and I just keep an eye out in all directions. I'll stop and kill my engine to listen for other GV's. I rarely ever have anyone sneak up on my six in a GV.

When I first started this game I heard other's talking about turning their sounds down. I tried it to see what they were talking about, but I thought it was kinda annoying not hearing my own engine.

I do however have my internal engine noises turned down by about 20% to 30% just because they were just far too loud IMO. Sometimes it's just too hard to hear guys on Vox and honestly it was just annoying after a while having the engine noise at default sound levels.

I also turned that dam base alarm to 0%. :D
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2007, 01:55:18 AM »
I think it goes without saying that you can reword a post and that it will have a different meaning. However, to go with your rewording of a post I already deleted, since the game is set up this way, it's not an exploit, or gamey BS as you have stated repeatedly. It's just you trying to get the game changed in a way that you think will improve one particular aspect of the game for yourself.

And, of course, you still don't know wtf you're talking about.

I'm starting to think you are one of the gamey tards doing this.. As I can see no other reason as to why you are so dead set against fixing the issue..
"strafing"

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2007, 06:33:42 AM »
Whether 10K above, or 10K away, they don't render. That's it.

When in GV you usually have much more objects close to you, than if you fly at 10k. For example, if you at 10k forest apears as single object instead of lots of trees.

Originally posted by BaldEagl
That doesn't solve the problem.  It just turns the tables and gives the guys who can turn detail up the advantage.

If your computer cannt handle full detail range, it must be your problem not my, right? You cannt see through trees or hills in RL, you must not be able to do that in game no matter how old or new your PC is.

BTW, i always move detail slider all way right (fastest) if i'm in GV.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Ground Detail
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2007, 07:50:15 AM »
Originally posted by Stang
Gv'ing is for noobs and squeakers.
.squelch stang
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
Re: Ground Detail
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2007, 10:25:46 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
This is just a thought here, but I'd love to suggest forcing "full" visibility for GV's in regards to the ground detail. I'm trying not to post this as a whine, but it's getting to the point GVing isn't even fun anymore.

It wasn't so bad before IMO as it seemed most players didn't do it. Now days every tom, dick and hairy lowers their detail so they can see through the trees and everything else.

IMO full ground detail should be "forced" by the game when in you are in a GV. It shouldn't even be an option to lower it. Getting shot from 5k away when there are hedgerows trees and everything under the sun between you and the other guy is getting pretty dam old.

It's so bad now, that if you don't do it too, you get killed by the guys doing it. So why can't we just force the players to play honest and just Force full detail settings while in GV's?

Just a thought..

Thanks for the tip.. Just learned a new trick. :D
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.