Author Topic: MOTOR TREND's December 2007 Issue  (Read 1215 times)

Offline mg1942

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
MOTOR TREND's December 2007 Issue
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »
yep, some people here will still call it smurfy even though its shape delivers THE BEST aerodynamics/downforce (slippery .27 coefficient of drag) and its performance is unbelievable;)  Function over form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM5wxTmCZYQ

It looks like a modern stealh fighter to me in color black.  Futuristic.

NOTE: Overall design was inspired by a TV series called Gundam
Chief Designer Hiroshi Hasegawa. said "I wanted to take something like Gundam — a purely mechanical object that moves like a living creature — and instill that quality into the GT-R. We didn't exactly draw direct inspiration from the robot's appearance; we just wanted to make the GT-R look like a living mechanical entity with a distinct Japanese spirit."
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 03:59:24 PM by mg1942 »

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »
The red one in the video looked pretty sharp to me too.  The silver just doesn't do it for me...  Too faster and furiouser with the carbon fiber - silver contrast.

Plus...  Ferrari, Lambo, and Porsche go fast without those cars looking overly furiouser, and the lexus in that other thread doesn't look quite as furiouser either.

I think there are deliberate styling cues there that are aimed squarely at people who are about 10-15 years younger than me...  People who grew up thinking that the height of automotive excellence was to take a honda or neon, double the turbo boost, add counter-productive wings and other carbon fiber crap onto the bodywork, and finish it off with neon lights under the car.

Me on the other hand... I really like the current corvette.  That's my idea of what a fast car ought to look like.  The fenders are bulged vertically a bit more than I like, but by my standards it's not offensively or garishly styled in any way.  The form follows function, not the other way around.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »
more proof that all cars look good in black...

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
when I rode my buddies hyboooosa and, later, suzuki gee whiz...

They were blindingly fast but... no real sensation of speed or acceleration.   an older bike out in the open and vibrating and shaking and all "feels" faster. with the new vette or new sport bikes you really have no sensation of acceleration or speed.. that is till you lose it... then you just die of course.

lazs

I do understand what your saying here but disagree, I've spent a few laps on old classics and now have a Guzzi in the garage. You do feel the speed but for different reasons. Rattles,Chassis,Brakes etc. Take a Honda Club 110 out on the track race it around with the throttle pinned the entire time and you feel like your going fast. Your not but it's a hoot to catch some in the corners.

But riding a fast modern bike on the track you certainly feel the acceleration as it yanks on your arms,pushes against your wrists,legs under braking,corner accelerate hard adjusting your body weight/position/balance to cope. You will certainly know your moving and you have to be very fit to keep up. Even just sitting on a Hayabusa in a straight line it will yank your arms hard.

I owned a Busa for two years and never felt like I wasn't accelerating as much as my Guzzi.  :lol

I like old bikes too, but enjoy the new ones just as much and more for their handling,brakes,power especially for track days. Take a 650 supermoto out to a local canyon and carve up R1's your face hurts from grinning at the end of it.

...-Gixer

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »
Originally posted by SIG220
Ah, but this girl has an outie, though.   And no hottie has an outie.  

Could you stand having that lump of flesh sticking out of her belly button?  

SIG 220

Where else would you attach the bull ring?