Author Topic: You wanted to see it, Kappa  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
You wanted to see it, Kappa
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 04:53:08 AM »
Boy Steve, you have a regular team there. They all look the same age too. Thats the best way to do it, to have all of them while your young. Congrats.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2007, 06:48:15 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Kappa:

Hey, I've not been looking for a flame war here. As I've said repeatedly, I scr@wed up and I died. I posted because you refused to believe you had collided. That's it.  I admit I was annoyed that a player with way more skill than me, who I thought carried himself with class,  was consistently pretty nasty even when I was chuckling the only way we can on 200 ("he he").

I've not had a good month here or IRL... and, after all, nobody likes being called a liar.

Don't want to prolong the thread ... BUT ... had you not said anything to him in the first place, he never would have responded. You provoked it and you got some back ... and it went downhill from there.

Your "he he" came 2 lines later ... the horse was out of the barn by then.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2007, 07:37:22 AM »
Steve:

great looking crew! Amazing you even have time to get online herding those cats.

Slap:

Absolutely right. This AM in the shower (prime meditation time!) realized (again) that I just plain need to keep my mouth shut after dying. Period.

Best "Jerkiness control mechanism" there is, and (especially when having RL stress) I have a hard time doing it. Regardless, I started the problem and I shouldn't have.

Dave
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26:29 AM »
Steve:

great looking crew! Amazing you even have time to get online herding those cats.

Slap:

Absolutely right. This AM in the shower (prime meditation time!) realized (again) that I just plain need to keep my mouth shut after dying. Period.

Best "Jerkiness control mechanism" there is, and (especially when having RL stress) I have a hard time doing it. Regardless, I started the problem and I shouldn't have.

Dave

:aok
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2007, 11:53:40 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Both of you taking damage no matter what is even more flawed. How would you feel if on your FE you lose a wing when you clearly did not hit someone? If neither of you take damage it would open the door to a  ridiculous level of lame gameplay. What we have is as good as it gets for the time being.

You're looking at it at the opposite of what I'm saying. I'm not saying there should be a condition of if one guy See's the collision, then both "have" to.

I'm saying if both "don't" see the same collision then neither should take the damage.

As it sits right now a guy with a slower computer or laggy connection has the advantage over the guy with a faster system and connection.

If the code is good enough to be able to track where bullets from my guns are in relation to where they impact on another plane. Then the game should be able to use that same tracking info to tell if both planes are in the same space at the same time or not.
"strafing"

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »
steve you raising more wingmen for your hasty retreat from the furball?  :D

which one is skyrock? Im assuming he isnt in the picture...probably in timeout somewhere  :p

nice family

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
You're looking at it at the opposite of what I'm saying. I'm not saying there should be a condition of if one guy See's the collision, then both "have" to.

I'm saying if both "don't" see the same collision then neither should take the damage.

As it sits right now a guy with a slower computer or laggy connection has the advantage over the guy with a faster system and connection.

If the code is good enough to be able to track where bullets from my guns are in relation to where they impact on another plane. Then the game should be able to use that same tracking info to tell if both planes are in the same space at the same time or not.

This would make the probability of a collision so remote that is would be as if no collisions we recorded. Again, making it open season for the HO fest!

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2007, 02:49:38 PM »
Hheheh thanks all.  :)  

Rich, you are correct, they are all from the same litter.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2007, 04:21:53 PM »
Originally posted by crockett

My god pictures don't do it, don't know what will.

This is so wrong I don't know where to start.

If both see the collision both take damage.

Connection makes no difference. The game is played on your PC, the servers is just an info transfer hub.

Hits message is sent from your pc to the hub then your targets.  Thats why you go poof instantly in a collision. But it takes your target a bit to die from a good gun burst.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2007, 05:02:39 PM »
It's hard to make the case that seeing a collision and not getting damaged is better for gameplay especially while watching someone collide with you, shoot you from the inside of your plane, and then fly away like some kind of ghost ship.  It is just the opposite of both planes take damage if one person sees the collision.  The best fix, though a compromise, is what we have now.

I can't see what is wrong with the way it is.  You hit him, or your pc sees him hit you (same thing), you take damage.  If you don't hit him, but he hits you, you don't, he does.  Sounds pretty fair to me.  Not sure how you could make it any better.  Until we get insta information transfers that is:noid
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 05:08:41 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2007, 05:06:44 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
Hheheh thanks all.  :)  

Rich, you are correct, they are all from the same litter.

Is there anything better then being a Daddy?? No, I dont think so. Its even more fun then playing AH. I hope you have a video camera Steve, those years are over all to fast and its great to have the memories. Thats when I got into video, when my little guy came into the world.

I have it all on DVD now. The x'mas's, ballgames, B-day parties, everything. Good stuff, being a father. ...Rich
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
Check out the 9th line under "Kappa has collided with you." It says "hee hee"

Just sayin.

You're right.. I apologize 8)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 03:09:10 PM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
lol guppy..  he kinda seemed harsh to me so i guess thats why i reacted that way..

How can a faster plane dive on my 6.. collide with me.. him explode and i take no damage.. i've seen this happen many times... hell, i've done it.. I've had it done to me..

Ok youngman its time to send you to a re-education center....

:lol
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."