Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 12:35:49 PM »
The only thing that gives me a bigger woody than HOing someone is killing their chute afterwards.

Then I usually have to clean my keyboard and monitor.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Discussion
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 12:41:05 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
The only thing that gives me a bigger woody than HOing someone is killing their chute afterwards.

Then I usually have to clean my keyboard and monitor.

Here we go again.

This will help, not like I know anything about that.

Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 12:46:40 PM »
Any of you (AH challenged) people that think the following:

1) It takes 2 to HO
2) HOs are easy to avoid
3) You are going to kill the guy that went for the HO easily

want to bet some money on it let me know and we will try it.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Discussion
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
Saw a f4u-1a last night about 4.5k away co-alt and it was coming towards me from about 12:30, I  was going to see if it was interested in fighting me then saw tracers flying from 800yrds out as it passed.   It was definitely trying for cheap shot as it apparently was not interested in setting up a fight.  I turned and followed it and then it got jumped and went to the deck under friendlies.  Once under friendlies it started to reverse the plane that chased it down there.  I dropped in and popped the HO bag:  SYSTEM: You have shot WarlockL down.!:aok
:lol Nice!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Discussion
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 01:49:30 PM »
I made this film about HO's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smUCdkx-YGQ
"strafing"

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Discussion
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 01:52:23 PM »
So Drunky,

Let me get this straight, you shoot peoples chutes for fun?
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 01:55:39 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Any of you (AH challenged) people that think the following:

1) It takes 2 to HO
2) HOs are easy to avoid

want to bet some money on it let me know and we will try it.

1) It takes 2 to HO

That is true ... If I can't shoot you at the same time u can shoot me ... then it's not a true Head-On. If only one of gets a guns solutions, then it's not an HO ... most (AH challenged) interpret a very high deflection shot as an HO.

2) HOs are easy to avoid

I always avoid the HO shot when merging 1 v 1 ... If I do get hit, it is due to a high deflection shot, and at the same time, I don't have a guns solution (see above) so I did avoid the HO, but got nailed on the deflection shot.

99.9999% of the time ... the guy that truly tries for the HO ... spraying at 1K out until after the merge ... dies.

I don't want your money ... u need it to keep up your supply of Ouzo ... :p
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Discussion
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 02:05:44 PM »
Originally posted by RATTFINK
So Drunky,

Um...

You don't?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 02:16:16 PM »
So Drunky,

The Fat Drunk Bastards all but invented and refined the fine art of chute shooting.

I attended their school (CSI) and graduated Magna Cum Laude in my class ... SOB was my professor.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 02:23:14 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
1) It takes 2 to HO

That is true ... If I can't shoot you at the same time u can shoot me ... then it's not a true Head-On. If only one of gets a guns solutions, then it's not an HO ... most (AH challenged) interpret a very high deflection shot as an HO.

Ha, thats the definition of a HO not how many people it takes.  For example, when you twisting and turning with a couple of guys and a third dives in with the intent of HOing you it did not take two to HO.  You did not see him coming and you are probably too slow to do anything about it.  So, even though it took two planes lined up for it to be a HO, it only took 1 guy to force it.

2) HOs are easy to avoid

I always avoid the HO shot when merging 1 v 1 ... If I do get hit, it is due to a high deflection shot, and at the same time, I don't have a guns solution (see above) so I did avoid the HO, but got nailed on the deflection shot.

Exactly my point.  I am not talking about some nube firing from 2K out in a 202 lol.  If the HOer knows what he is doing and you are already within 2K you will lose parts.  You will either expose your belly, end up turning at the merge too early etc.  So, even though you avoided the HO it was probably worth taking in, lol.  After all, I can avoid a HO by lawndarting but that is not a valid option.  I guess I should have said successfully avoid the HO, lol.

99.9999% of the time ... the guy that truly tries for the HO ... spraying at 1K out until after the merge ... dies.

Again, you confuse HOs and nubes.  That guy was dead anyway.  The dedicated HOers don't HO like that.  They hold fire until the last second, lol.

I don't want your money ... u need it to keep up your supply of Ouzo ... :p

Well, first you would have to try and prove me wrong.  Then you are too old to handle ouzo :O  You will end up like supperdud

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »
So Drunky,

I always thought it was some kind of French airplane.  Pronounced Chut-ee.  No?

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 02:54:06 PM »
So, even though it took two planes lined up for it to be a HO, it only took 1 guy to force it.

Ahh ... hair-splitting at its finest.

If the HOer knows what he is doing and you are already within 2K you will lose parts

Ummm ... I still can't totally agree with this.

Again, you confuse HOs and nubes

Not really ... that's where the 00.0001% fits in.

Then you are too old ...

:cry
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Discussion
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
I fly the a-20 70% or more of the time right now. Its big slow and easy to hit and I havent been HO'd in 5 months. Thats zero out of 600 or more sorties and its over all types of encounters.

As I said earlier its just about impossible to totally deny A FQ shot...but I almost never lose parts on one (does happen once in awhile). Obviously the end result of a HO Attempt will vary (there are times where the high deflection FQ shot is actually consistant with "good ACM"....but the vast majority of the time the guy who forces the FQ shot has given up alot. Now if he's in a Tiffie, D9, 47N etc and has already elected to fly a B&Z style of fight then he may in fact have suffered no attrition in his position. however if he continues to pull g's and engage then hes at a significant disadvantage.

The issue here is one of a "straight in" HO attack vs an experienced stick whos created seperation and angular advantage and is looking for an opportunity for a FQ shot excecuted within the framework of a good merge. If the "HO attempt" is forced from an inferior position then the HOer will die unless he's a superior pilot or does in fact knock of a control surface or cause a pilot wound.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Discussion
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »
All I am saying is lets try it.  I may be wrong but I think I am right.  I think by trying to avoid, you are at the disadvantage not the HOer.

Don't confuse new player with HOs.  The new guy would have died anyway after the merge.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Discussion
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 04:03:00 PM »
all this talking about HOin i feel the need to call my girlfriend and ask her where she been
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey