Author Topic: Hey Knits, it ain't cuz of being outnumber  (Read 7428 times)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Hey Knits, it ain't cuz of being outnumber
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2001, 12:37:00 PM »
Milenko's been playing this game for a long time and I think he's entitled to lose it occassionally. This is the first time I've heard of him be the least bit un-nerved in the arena. He's generally a very considerate player, and wouldn't do anything to intentionally rile someone.

As far as the situation with the knights goes, I am a bit surprised myself at the disorganization that goes on most nights. True, there are some quality guys there, but there are also many more who don't care.

As far as the rotating thingie, that'll be up to the squaddies at the end of the tour. Rotating is not a monthly thing with us, but seeings how I might be COing a 1 man squad if we don't do something to alleviate this knightland fiasco, you gotta do what you gotta do.  ;)

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2001, 01:56:00 PM »
S!

I don't like furballing or to be vulched,so I stay away from fields under enemy CAP.I usually take off farther away and get alt/speed.Then engage a few times and disengage.
 Defending against endless hordes is frustrating for me.I fly to survive(at least try) and don't mind if there are no kills during the mission.Patrols can be fun from time to time.But when more of Lentolaivue 34 is online,I get into some furballing.We can use RW/wingie tactics,thus increasing survivability that way.
 Knights are a odd group.It's just the day which determines how we perform.Lately we have been underdogs,but still there are moments of glory  ;)Thanx of them goes to good mission planners like Ripsnort(and many more).After all..this is just a game and we play it as we want.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2001, 02:01:00 PM »
Man, there are days I love to just get up and furball, nothing else...then there are days I love to just tank...nothing else...then there are days I love to capture fields, nothing else....Toads siggy says it best!

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2001, 04:21:00 PM »
There were some great fights to be had in the south.

In fact a "Target Rich Enviroment" woulda been apt.

Pic posted by LLv34_Camouflage

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2001, 04:43:00 PM »
Milnko! <S!> Buddy!

It usually ain't any better in bishland; believe me.

Truth be told; I'd be happier if the Assasins went back to rookland... I can't help but shudder to think what's happening to yer pure genetic Assasin (tm) traits while yer mixed up with those muddleheaded knits. Besides; I consider yah all honorable opponents... and rooks are better than those damn digusting pedestrian knits any day. Always a shock to kill an Assasin inna knit chute.

As fer the 'war' last night; we kept 6-8 bish hittin the rooks, keepin them on the defensive up on their home island fer about 4 hours while Cit and some others rolled up knitland in the south. Once yer city was subdued and yer HQ's were wrecked leavin yah all blind we flanked yah again with a grab on P32 and A35.

As fer the game plan.. it was all Assasin.. having been pinned under just this blanket engineered by yer rook cohorts in the past; we figured we'd give it a go on the Knits. Shame yah got trapped in the siege!

You'll note there was virtually NO rook vs knit activity.. Bish fought an agressive 2 front action the entire evening.

<S!>
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
hehe... yah the Rooks and the knitwits were furballing it at A4/A1/A5 - that situation was a stalemate.

So a few of us, by that I mean about 12 to 15 launched, from 11 and took 7, 8, 27 all with in 40 minutes.  

Wham! Bam! Thank you, ma'am!

30 started to get defended.
Some of us diverted to defending 52, 52 was taken by the rooks, so we took 53 instead, then took 52 back.

By this time our squad was logging on, and another squad had organized a high altitude strike on 30 and 29.

20 minutes later 30 was green and 29 was porked.

60 fell, then 63, the move was on to 61 but it got stopped and the rooks started to reversen the bishes.

Then my squad got the mission plan and we hit the Knitwit City, then 34 and finally HQ.

Was no conspirarcy - we just decided to go for the win - while you knitwits were furballing at A5/A4.

Nexus

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2001, 04:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Hangtime:
As fer the 'war' last night; we kept 6-8 bish hittin the rooks, keepin them on the defensive up on their home island fer about 4 hours while Cit and some others rolled up knitland in the south. Once yer city was subdued and yer HQ's were wrecked leavin yah all blind we flanked yah again with a grab on P32 and A35.

As fer the game plan.. it was all Assasin.. having been pinned under just this blanket engineered by yer rook cohorts in the past; we figured we'd give it a go on the Knits. Shame yah got trapped in the siege!

You'll note there was virtually NO rook vs knit activity.. Bish fought an agressive 2 front action the entire evening.

<S!>

Must have been a very tough battle considering you only had almost 3 times the numbers as the knights. A big <S> to ya for such a hard faught valient effort. You guys are good.   :)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2001, 06:06:00 PM »
*sigh*

BigGun; I don't whine when it's our turn in the bucket.. never have. I may thump the textbox to the bishes occasionaly to get 'em headed in the right direction when I think they need it; but I tend to remain pragmatic about how unfair the MA war game is.

Fact is, right now the numbers have gone to bish because a fair number of rooks and kniggits decided they didn't wanna fly for the 'losing' side.

Propaganda. And it sucks. Nothin I can do about that perception. Being a bish, I KNOW 'winning' is transitory... a fleeting abberation.

So; while we're number fat, look fer me to be flying aginst the county that ain't engaged with the majority of the bish. Last few nights, that's been the rooks. I try like hell to make sure we got a two front war goin, and suffer plenty of annoyed howls from bish who think we should all just pound the knits inta the toilet.. and I have not been present at one reset in about 7 tours.

So.. to all you low-life car-bombin knits now buizly doing the 'tidy bowl' imitation with yer fleets and fields, look on the bright side. One day you will again 'have the numbers' and you can lay about deciding "..hit HQ, the city, or just lay waste to their fleets?" once again.

*yawn* Enuff of this. Back to the real fun.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2001, 07:35:00 PM »
Assassins gonna turn and run ?  Whatever

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2001, 11:27:00 PM »
Ok, later Assassins.

Run like the coward dogs you are, you mercenaries!

And be prepared to meet death and flames every time you climb into yer cockpit, for kniggits are a vengeaful bunch (well, us oldtimers, anyhow).

Your call, you scum sucking bottomfeeding social loafers!

:D

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2001, 02:45:00 AM »
Who in their right mind wants to fly for the whiny country? :D

Gordo

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2001, 05:21:00 AM »
Hey... why dont we all move to bishes. Then if some newbies accidentally start their careers in Knits or Rooks we can have REAL fun ... wham bam tnx Ma'am gangbang... and how proud we can then be...   :cool:

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2001, 06:29:00 AM »
Man, if I were an ASSassin in Knitland I'd be running like hell with the likes of PaintMAW and StSanta around me.  And I'd make damned sure to keep my posterior hole covered as I was dashing away!   :eek:

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2001, 07:24:00 AM »
Knights can always go play WW2Ol......      
-SW

[ 06-20-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
I think if Milenko was a more attractive man his countrymen might more readily follow him.  Unfortunately he's an ugly son of a squeak and hasn't quite gotten used to living with it.