Author Topic: Hey Knits, it ain't cuz of being outnumber  (Read 7498 times)

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
Hey Knits, it ain't cuz of being outnumber
« on: June 18, 2001, 02:02:00 AM »
After all the posts by various Knits about numbers causing thier repeated resets, I've gotta speak up and point out my observations.

Pongo, Hamish, myself and a very few other Knits were trying to stem the southern advance up our flank by the Bishes early on tonight, while the majority of Knits furballed at A5, when I pointed out to the Knit horde that the Bishes were sweeping us under, I got smartass remarks from a good share of Knits.

I then repeated my concerns that we were being slowly but surely being liquidated, that the Bishes were going for the reset, I again had bonehead Knits arguing that they wanted to keep fighting at A5. (a single base that was on the other side of the map from our home island surrounded by Rooks & Bishes!)

A5 had zero tactical/strategical advantage or value, it merely served to keep Knits busy furballing and away from defending fields, which allowed the Bishes to take base after base.

The Bishes outnumbered both Rooks and Knits yesterday, but Knits, ya gotta pick the fights that will stop em, and it seems all Knits wanna do is furball, which is just fine if your not losing fields doing it.

It's my opinion that the Knits just want an excuse for why they are being reset over and over again and are using country numbers as a handy one, I also believe that the Knits neither want nor need the help of THE ASSASSINS.

So to offset the huge number of Bishes, I'm  recommending to HBlair and the rest of the squad that THE ASSASSINS go back to Rooks,  leaving the Knits to furball.

THE ASSASSINS went Knit to try to balance the country numbers, seems to me we can do the same as Rook against Bishes just as easy.

There I've vented and feel better, my first true blue whine  :(

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2001, 02:45:00 AM »
I wouldn't consider this a whine and I do agree with you to some exten.
However, saying that "all" knights furrball is kind of "bad". Personally, I am not very interestead in taking fields but there are many who are and it's more or less a mather of what time a day you enter there arena.
At some times most players furrball, at some times everybody is attacking one field and sometimes we're split up.

Hopefully (soon) you'll see how good we really are when we organize  :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2001, 03:08:00 AM »
Man you're ugly when you whine!  ...and when you don't whine...   :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2001, 03:16:00 AM »
Hey, that kind of "ignorance" is common among all countries   :D  furballing around while the more strategically important base gets pooped.. I mean, who hasn't experienced that?

There is DISTINCT numbers increase among the Bishes, and few people have even predicted it.. since some squads announced moving to Bish last tour, and as it turns out, almost all the Japanese squads with big numbers have also moved to Bish this tour, too.

They created sort of a GIANT unison of JP squads in operations. I feel that when I get online, since I live in Korea, when I get free time to play AH coincides with the time JP guys come on line.

So the sum of it all.. when it's day in the west, the squads with huge numbers dwarf Knit and Rooks(like the "DMD squad..

:eek :), and when the sun comes up in the east, the united Japanese squads rule the skies..

It's a numbers game. Actually, all war is.

I have to say SOME unbalance of numbers is not quite the same as ABSOLUTE unbalance of numbers. This kind of thing can't quite be adjusted in any sort of way since we all pay our 30 bucks to play in AH, and we all have a choice to which country we'd like to go.

I just hope next tour, this turn of fate shifts over..  :(

Offline DB603

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2001, 03:28:00 AM »
S!

I was online during this A5-incident and tried to do my best down south.One 109/190 does not stope the hordes respawning faster than I cn put more bullets into them.Whels1 put it well by saying:"Don't expect any help." when I asked for it when Bishes began their invasion.But I understand that A5 also tied some of the troops they could have used against us down south.After fighting some desperate(and victorious) battles I moved up north to defend HQ against the buffs.Again my 109 showed the buffers why not enter our airspace  ;)Then unfortunately clock was 03:00am and had to get up at 06:30... ;)
 But as Knights in general..when we organize the enemy stands no chance.Attacks are swift,well planned and furious.Base after base fell when Ripsnort made a few missions.1hr15min later and 5 bases  :D And we didn't have overwhelming numbers during the attacks...

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2001, 04:22:00 AM »
it was pretty crazy defending the home island but there were definitley lotsa targets!    :D

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2001, 05:44:00 AM »
Wow... that many? Makes me feel better now. We rooks have been doing rather well against superior numbers.
sand

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2001, 07:44:00 AM »
"when I pointed out to the Knit horde that the Bishes were sweeping us under, I got smartass remarks from a good share of Knits."

I think you got smart bellybutton remarks after playing General on the Knit country channel, telling the Knits what, where and how they should be doing things. That was followed up with at leat a half hour of berating them for not listening to you while also tossing in comments on how unworhty they were to have had your squad moved over to help in 'the war' and how they were going back to Rook/Bishop or whatever.

Westy

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Westy MOL ]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
Heavily outnumbered again Sat. morning, Knits took no less than 6 fields (including Port and CV) in 1.5 hours..then I logged off, came back up for a short one 2 hours later and we'd lost some fields....

Its lack of Generals in Knitland as much as it is the 2 to 1 odds, going on 7 weeks now, that is almost equally to blame...i.e. it takes Bish 2 to 1 odds to beat us.  :)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2001, 09:00:00 AM »
I've been kinda annoyed by bishee numbers lately too, sik of being vulched repeatedly at every field I try to defend, usually by myself  :).  

And those who say its not numbers, well thats just grubbish!  

Germans were vastly outnumbered on the Eastern front during the big one, but they made up for that to some extent by having superior equipment and tactics.  Obviously this is not the case in AH, we all have access to the same platforms.

However, eventually attrition through numbers wore the Germans down and they lost which is what happens to knits and rooks on AH at the moment.

Just hope some of the more established and reasonable squads on bish will address this issue next tour  :) chow   :)

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2001, 09:02:00 AM »
Junior Member?!!!!!! I'm 72 dammit   :D

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
Just imagine how old the rest of us must be.   :)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Professor Fate

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2001, 10:16:00 AM »
I logged on and looked out the window of tower five just as comments were made and I saw 3 players defending think it was 2 GV's and 1 AC.  Knowing full well that would NOT have made one bit of difference in the final outcome last night I couldn't help but laugh when they were asked to help defend in the west their response was NEVER! heheh hope ya had fun at A5 guys.  I know I had a blast last night shootin down those bishrooks.  

FUN! win or lose having fun is what makes the game worth while.   :)

I AM PROFESSOR FATE!

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Professor Fate ]

Offline TK_421

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2001, 10:23:00 AM »
No, really.

You must be kidding.

Most of the smart bellybutton comments came from me, for good reason.  I think you're lame.

I've paid my money, I can play the game any way I like.  I've got as much rank as you do.  Last night, I felt like mindless furballing - and getting my bellybutton handed to me.  I'm OK with that, you see, because it's just a game.  

You, however, are bothered with that behavior. It is anathema to you.  You must win, because of some freak delusion that the "war" in the MA matters.   It doesn't.  Not a  bit.   I know it, but you don't beleve it.

They had a 6-1 advantage last night, a reset was inevitable.  But so what, who cares ?   What do we lose, points, or something ?   I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, but jeez, relax.  It's just a freaking game.

Besides, everyone knows that a5 is the best base in the MA. ;-)

TK/Diche

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
Well I wasn't online so I didn't hear what was going on, but I am sorry to see the Assasins moving away. I know when I am on my squad members of the MAW mostly focus on strat bases & base captures so to categorize all knights that way is a little unfair.

I re-read the post & u didn't say all, but majority...sorry for the misquote.

BgMAW

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: BigGun ]