Author Topic: noob scolding  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
noob scolding
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop
Radier73 was just flat frikin rude to a squaddie of mine today....when called to the =mat about ithis answer was "I hate new names so Im rude to them" . Something to that effect.....I was filming a fflight at the time....

This is total B.S..

Personally I don't mind answring questions....lending a hand where I can.....If I don't feel like hearing a bunch of it I squelch it.

Certain people....(yes I know detune 200) need to learn manners....civility...and being a contributing member in a good way...instead of being a contributing member of the "I;ll be a dik to all " club.
Can't expect a lot out of a squeaker, Red.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
noob scolding
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Can't expect a lot out of a squeaker, Red.

I'm learning this. It's ashamed tho. A lil nicness and not trying to immulate some of the more , lets say , "Vocal" types would sure go further.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
noob scolding
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 10:11:20 PM »
I am still pretty new here so it is probably easier for me to remember what it was like to not know how to accomplish what I was trying to do than some. I first dowloaded AH2 about a year ago and I was lucky enough to be around to fly some on H2H and able to learn alot there. Yes i was one of those freeloaders but this alowed me the oppurtunity to learn in an enviroment that is not so busy. I still have a long way to go but this did help. It is obvious though that H2H is not coming back but I also did not know that there was any place to find a sight that would offer info to help learn this game until I found the message boards. I think the best ideas I read here has been

1) answer their questions and refer them to the help pages for further assistance (which can be accessed without closing of software). this was a big help for me once i found.

2)pointing out to them that there is an arena for the purpose to learn maybe if you are in a giving mood at that time meet them there to at leaast help with getting off ground (i know most will not take this option but this would show the willingness to help).

I know when I started this flying my cartoon plane I could have used lots of help and I could hae spent lots of time in TA trying to learning to do more. I also know that sine I am limited on time and I choose to not do this I get shot down alot easier than most who have the same amount of time so maybe my advise is not worth as much as others but if we do not all pitch in and try to keep these new players involved HTC will not survive and will eventually have to shut down because a business that does not grow cannot keep the interest of their customers. So PLEASE don't chase off the newbs. Instruction them politely and if you are to soured and can't find a way to help out then keep your comments to yourself and squelch those that annoy you.

just a thought from a newbie
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
noob scolding
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2007, 07:32:39 AM »
what's channel 200? i never heard of it before.

is that secret goverment brainwashing radio???

:D :D :D
:noid
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
noob scolding
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2007, 07:45:16 AM »
Originally posted by yankedudel
I am a "NOOB" to AH and trying to make due with the mouse and keyboard until the funds come around to get the controls.  My best advise for "noobs" using the mouse and keyboard and trying to learn that way, as I am, is to not even get in an arena setting unless it is the training area.  I just try to learn offline so #1 I dont get in anyone's way and #2 I am not constantly getting my a** shot off!!!  
I cant wait til Wed to get the stick and throttle...LOOK OUT "VETS" HERE COMES THE NOOB!!!!!!!!!! J/K

good luck man i played for six months with a mouse in hth got the stick and and to learn the game all over again.

i learned most of the basic stuff about ah in hth there was a very nice player who always ran a good room (benny moore)
i learned basic acm from him and a few others had fun and good fights.
but still after all that i was not ready for the ma environment.
so yes i got the stick and went back into training. and now id consider myself average if not sligthly above.

anyone who wants to really really enjoy this game should invest the time to read this site net aces and a few others. the information (truth, gospel, whatever) is out there. and it takes little from you to utilize it.
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
noob scolding
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2007, 09:28:35 AM »
Originally posted by dkff49
I am still pretty new here so it is probably easier for me to remember what it was like to not know how to accomplish what I was trying to do than some. I first dowloaded AH2 about a year ago and I was lucky enough to be around to fly some on H2H and able to learn alot there. Yes i was one of those freeloaders but this alowed me the oppurtunity to learn in an enviroment that is not so busy. I still have a long way to go but this did help. It is obvious though that H2H is not coming back but I also did not know that there was any place to find a sight that would offer info to help learn this game until I found the message boards. I think the best ideas I read here has been

1) answer their questions and refer them to the help pages for further assistance (which can be accessed without closing of software). this was a big help for me once i found.

2)pointing out to them that there is an arena for the purpose to learn maybe if you are in a giving mood at that time meet them there to at leaast help with getting off ground (i know most will not take this option but this would show the willingness to help).

I know when I started this flying my cartoon plane I could have used lots of help and I could hae spent lots of time in TA trying to learning to do more. I also know that sine I am limited on time and I choose to not do this I get shot down alot easier than most who have the same amount of time so maybe my advise is not worth as much as others but if we do not all pitch in and try to keep these new players involved HTC will not survive and will eventually have to shut down because a business that does not grow cannot keep the interest of their customers. So PLEASE don't chase off the newbs. Instruction them politely and if you are to soured and can't find a way to help out then keep your comments to yourself and squelch those that annoy you.

just a thought from a newbie

I remember when I came to this game...... wayyyyyyy back in time :D

I had the advantage to have come from another flight sim (AW) so I had a general idea of whats what. Controls were different, and more numerous, flight model way different, community was different. On top of that I was CO of the 444th Air Mafia and felt it was my obligation to help the rest of my squad transition as quickly and easily as they could. I spend days hunting for information, reading all kinds of info, posting stuff that I found helpful for the rest of the squad.

The problem today is most of these new people are kids, and want everything spoon fed to them. They haven't the slightest clue what research is. Thats why you get these clowns going off on 200, and here all of them crying give me give me !!

I'll try to help when I can, but after the 4th or 5th question that comes from the same guy that could be found with a little reading, I'm done. I tell them about the TA and the Trainers site, and then they are on there own.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
noob scolding
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007, 12:37:30 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

I'll try to help when I can, but after the 4th or 5th question that comes from the same guy that could be found with a little reading, I'm done. I tell them about the TA and the Trainers site, and then they are on there own.

this is all I am saying. My big point is to send to the resources to find the help they need because sometimes it is not easy to find.

I will also quote my mother "if you don't have someting nice to say then don't say anything at all"

respectfully
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
noob scolding
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007, 10:22:59 PM »
Hydrolik, who dat?

Let the noobs learn and ask q's, it ain't that bad. Sounds like someone's a legend in their own mind.

Offline Tattered

• Copper Member
noob scolding
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2007, 11:23:37 PM »
Being that I'm still new, and received plenty of help when I first started, I try to help out the guys that are just started by answering those first few mundane questions most newbs ask.

The way I see it is; most vets of the game have spent ample amount of time helping out new guys so it's the new guys duty to pass the information along to the 'next generation' that come to learn and play AH2.

Not so much the buck being passed as it is following a sort of chain of command.

Makes sense in my head, at least.

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
noob scolding
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2007, 02:53:39 AM »
Originally posted by kj714
Hydrolik, who dat?

He was my first squelch.  Aww I remember it like it was yesterday......  There was such a smile on my face and my eyes sparkled.  A warm beautiful day it was.....You never forget your first:p

Respectfully,
Jay12

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
noob scolding
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2007, 04:35:23 AM »
most noob questions i put into two categories:

1: the no response category
2: the busy climbing out, i will help category.

category 1 is reserved for those clowns who haven't even spent
5 min offline getting airborne.

seriously what makes a person want to jump into an online gaming
event without the slightest clue when they have the opportunity
to try it offline first.

o wait i know, it's called laziness.
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
noob scolding
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2007, 07:54:27 AM »
i noticed one thing though since i got my microphone and i am always on country channel i rarely even look at the chat box unless i am climbing out, in tower or looking for you killed (or destroyed) ------ messages.

so hence i rarely even see noobs ask questions lol
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
noob scolding
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2007, 03:11:13 PM »
Originally posted by soupcan
most noob questions i put into two categories:

1: the no response category
2: the busy climbing out, i will help category.

category 1 is reserved for those clowns who haven't even spent
5 min offline getting airborne.

seriously what makes a person want to jump into an online gaming
event without the slightest clue when they have the opportunity
to try it offline first.

o wait i know, it's called laziness.

The excitement of logging on for the first time and seeing all the action. The fact that most games really don't require much except to jump in and start blasting.

Most noobs either get going or figure out they've got to TA pretty quick.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Re: noob scolding
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2007, 09:50:05 PM »
What I find bemusing is the fact that often, the first ones to flame are the same noobs that were asking the questions 2-3 months ago. :huh [/B][/QUOTE]

Hear, hear.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
noob scolding
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2007, 09:52:37 PM »
hay how do i mak my plane go faster
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women