Author Topic: WTfG New Jersey - Life - Not Death  (Read 2296 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
WTfG New Jersey - Life - Not Death
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
using that flawed logic might as well send everyone down to gitmo.  we can always find them innocent later :rolleyes:

You defend the lives of child murderers.

So killing a murderer for a feeling of revenge is more important than potentially killing an innocent?

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 04:45:04 PM »
You know what guys the death penalty has never been a deterent for murderous crime anyway. So really what difference does it make. Satisfying our own egos? Clearing out space in jails? How many people actually escape from prison......veeeeerrrrryyyy few. Don't get me wrong i like to see them killed myself, but really who is it helping?

Offline MrBill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 04:48:30 PM »
Hate to say it ... but I think I am opposed to the state killing convicted murders also.

I think a much better solution would be to turn the perp over to the victoms survivors and let them decide if they choose to keep him alive, feed him, shelter him, provide all his support for the remander of his life ... or whatever other action they choose to take.

If they choose pliers and a blowtorch its none of our business ... we were not the injured party.
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stop playing

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
You know what guys the death penalty has never been a deterent for murderous crime anyway. So really what difference does it make. Satisfying our own egos? Clearing out space in jails? How many people actually escape from prison......veeeeerrrrryyyy few. Don't get me wrong i like to see them killed myself, but really who is it helping?

Originally posted by Ripsnort

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 04:50:19 PM »
FWIW, supposedly more than 23 innocents were mistakenly executed this century.  The fact is, there is absolutely no evidence that the death penalty in this country has ever executed even ONE innocent in the past century. If you can provide hard core evidence that an innocent man or woman was executed mistakenly, then there are several lawyers awaiting this evidence so that they may sue the state on behalf of the victims families.

Ugh Ripsnort i can recall a few people who were convicted here in Texas but later found innocent because dna evidence showed they were innocent. These crimes happened before dna testing was used. As i understand it dna evidence is pretty darn acurate since nobody has your same dna. How do you explain that?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 04:50:50 PM »
Originally posted by MrBill
Hate to say it ... but I think I am opposed to the state killing convicted murders also.

I think a much better solution would be to turn the perp over to the victoms survivors and let them decide if they choose to keep him alive, feed him, shelter him, provide all his support for the remander of his life ... or whatever other action they choose to take.

If they choose pliers and a blowtorch its none of our business ... we were not the injured party.
Perhaps waterboarding. :)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »
Ugh Ripsnort i can recall a few people who were convicted here in Texas but later found innocent because dna evidence showed they were innocent. These crimes happened before dna testing was used. As i understand it dna evidence is pretty darn acurate since nobody has your same dna. How do you explain that?
Are they dead? Re-read my post....

..there is absolutely no evidence that the death penalty in this country has ever executed even ONE innocent in the past century.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 04:54:21 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2007, 04:52:20 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I never have figured out how to post a stupid chart.

That's cause Liberals are very smart.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2007, 04:54:35 PM »
hey check this indy:  If someone rapes and murders a child, that person should be quickly tried, sentenced, and if found guilty put to death after one appeal taking days or weeks to be heard.  Thats what I think....

I do not subscribe to the belief that 100 guilty child murderers should live so that a unproven hypothetical innoncet not be wrongly executed.  I dont buy it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2007, 04:55:49 PM »

Nice chart Ripsnort. That does not change the fact that a muderous killer has ever really had the death penalty cross his mind before commiting a crime. It just doesn't really ever stop people from doing anything.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »
We put down animals to protect society from their predation on it. In this case there is no valid reason not to also put this animal down. He has shown himself to be void of compassion or humanity. In order to see that no innocent person ever suffers from his predation again to would serve society better to remove him permanently from being able to ever hurt another person again.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »
Are they dead? Re-read my post....

I think if they were found proven inocent due to dna thats pretty darn close.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2007, 04:59:39 PM »
Nice chart Ripsnort. That does not change the fact that a muderous killer has ever really had the death penalty cross his mind before commiting a crime. It just doesn't really ever stop people from doing anything.
Perhaps, perhaps not. I'll leave that to the likes of pyschologists.  I do agree with Yeager, the permanent solution is to dispose of the killer. That way you ensure that A) no break out of prison and harm again can occur....and B) Closure for the victims families. I personally think those two outweigh everything. :aok

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2007, 05:01:03 PM »
I think if they were found proven inocent due to dna thats pretty darn close.
Then the legal system has run its course, and worked just like its supposed to.

What about executing only those with evidence suggesting positive DNA matches to the crime scene/victim? Do you agree with that?

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2007, 05:02:43 PM »

prove it, prove that a murder was not prevented because of the death penalty.