Author Topic: dweebfires..etc  (Read 1864 times)

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 01:30:06 PM »
Originally posted by Anaxogoras
Isn't this just a matter of aircraft popularity?

The Spitfire is easy to fly, retains e like a photon, and has dangerous, high-velocity cannons.  It's for these reasons that we see more Spitfires than anything else, and therefore people complain.  Q.E.D. :aok

CORRECT, CORRECT, CORRECT

Usually it's: " That spitdweeb just HO'd/cherrypicked/rammed me" which translates into: I was just "killed" because I was stupid and got in front of someone's guns".

I could care less what someone else thinks or says, I paid my $15.00 and I will fly what ever is fun at the moment.  An aircraft isn't necessarily "better" because it is difficult to "fly", it's just more difficult. Easy to control aircraft reflect a design that is stable. I hard to control airplane is that way because the designer traded stability in favor of another trait (for example the torque of a bf-110 is difficult to deal with, but it fantastic in the roll axis where the p38 rolls like a buff but is an easy plane to control because of the contra-rotating props)
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »
I flew the Hurricane I and IIC predominantly and I never had an excuse except that I'm a terrible pilot.  It's never the plane's fault.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 02:12:39 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
I really don't mind if folks want to fly an easier to fly plane.... I just can't get it out of my head that we used those in H2H to get new pilots up and running because they are easy to fly. The game is for everyone and so are the choices.

If your flying a Spit1 in LW now that can be a real challenge... as can P-40s... to ya so go have fun!

Some of us like Spitfires because of their history and would still pick them if they handled like pregnant P-40s.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: dweebfires..etc
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 02:35:56 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
My question is this...why would you get upset when you get spanked by a spitfire as opposed to any other "respectable" planes?

If this is a rhetorical thread, then it managed to get some predicted "fly what you want" support.

If it's a real question, then at least one possible answer is that a talented pilot (which you plainly are!) who is flying an easy-to-fly, it-can-do-anything plane armed with easy-to-get-a-kill guns has just equipped himself with every advantage and launched himself into an arena where most competitors have inferior combinations.  Everyone will agree that there are appropriate times for this (as when defending a swarmed base); not everyone will agree that it makes for a challenging competition on other occasions.

- oldman (but I expect you knew this)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 02:51:09 PM »
Ive taken alot of grief latlely about flying spitfires...especially from veterans who PM me with the usual " tard..spitdweeb..." etc...one guy actually said it makes him sick to see vets in newbplanes

My question is this...why would you get upset when you get spanked by a spitfire as opposed to any other "respectable" planes? It amuses me how a pilot will attack from an advantage and expect to easily kill the "spitdweeB" and than end up cryin and whining about the guy flying the plane who just smacked him depsite the situation.

Is a p40 at 10k bnz"ing a 2k spitfire any better lol? How bout a group of 6 P38 all divin on one lowly con?

Anyway I think its all nonsense...how you fly not what you fly is what makes the pilot IMO

So all you whiners..I will continue to fly my spitty's in to your horde at 5k..if you happen to kill me in your jugmodeld11supervetimcool ride wtg! :D

As long as you are having fun, who cares what the other guy thinks of what you fly?

If I wasn't a 38G dweeb, i'd be flying Spits.  Love the history of the Spit and as far as i can tell it flies like it's supposed to.  I like fighting em in the 38G too.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Some of us like Spitfires because of their history and would still pick them if they handled like pregnant P-40s.

There is truth to this.  For some of us the history is why we fly a particular bird.  It adds to the game when you can 'pretend' to be one of those guys you've learned about.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 02:55:21 PM »
My question is this...why would you get upset when you get spanked by a spitfire as opposed to any other "respectable" planes? It amuses me how a pilot will attack from an advantage and expect to easily kill the "spitdweeB" and than end up cryin and whining about the guy flying the plane who just smacked him depsite the situation.

I forgot to anwser your question.

The reason they complain is they are under a mistaken assumption that you killed them because of the plane you were in, as opposed to the pilot that you are (and I guess the pilot they aren't)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »
Ive taken alot of grief latlely about flying spitfires.

Yannow, most of those dweebs do this just to get a reaction.  I don't understand why anyone bothers to give them the audience they are craving by drawing further attention to them.

Ignore the idiots.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 03:06:18 PM »
I think the deal is the Spitfire FM, like the real plane, flies super sweet.

To see a capable vet drive one, even though they are a kick in the pants, seems sort of.....well, dweebish :aok

Bottom line: Do whatever it is that pleases you, its your subscription.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 03:08:56 PM »
Real men fly Ostwinds.

Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 03:10:50 PM »
Anyway I think its all nonsense...how you fly not what you fly is what makes the pilot IMO

True and fly what ever you want. But flying spits is equivilant to playing the game in easy mode and you'll rarely get any respect as a good stick unless your very exceptional, e.g constantly winning 1 vs many engagements from a bad position.

As flying a spit requires less skill to do well then almost any other aircraft especially the sixteen, which is why they are a good leaners plane to start of with.  Hence most look upon it and always will as a dweebfire and those that fly them on a constant basis as dweebs.

Personally (as some do) I  prefer the challange of something more interesting then a Spit or any of the top tier popular rides. You might get less kills and takes a while to come to grips with but it's far more challanging and hence rewarding.

...-Gixer

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 04:10:55 PM »
I like running into spits, the only spit model faster than my P38L is the Spit14 and I hardly encounter them. Therefore spits can't run from me (for long) and usually hang around for a fight. I don't like running into 190s, tiffies and la7s because they tend to run from me and I find it boring.

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
hey, he's getting better, he's not in a La7 anymore at least
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 05:45:33 PM »
Bottom line those said vet pilots expect to find noobs when they get a vet in a spit they get whipped.  They cry foul u killed my uber f4 uc or the 109k
30mm as lute said not the plane its the pilot.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
Originally posted by DH367th
Bottom line those said vet pilots expect to find noobs when they get a vet in a spit they get whipped.  They cry foul u killed my uber f4 uc or the 109k
30mm as lute said not the plane its the pilot.

Thats incorrect you can tell a noob in anything in the first three seconds by the way they merge.

True it's not the plane it's the pilot thing, but a dweebfire helps alot further then almost any other plane to maketh the pilot.

...-Gixer