Author Topic: dweebfires..etc  (Read 1865 times)

Offline latteral

• Zinc Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 09:20:26 AM »
this is just  my opinion but i find there is alot of rude people in this game. I mean taunting and a little boasting is one thing, hell i do it and i know im not that good =).  I'm happy being in the top 500 LOL.

But to pick on guys who like to fly the spit or other "dweeb rides"  is just stupid especially if they just got tore down by one. If your in a pony and a spit got ya more than likely you got slow with bad SA.

And as for dweeb planes i've seen and shot down alot of so called vets / good sticks that bash them  flying them as well, like the LA.
 but it's not gonna stop  so i just ignore 90% of 200 because its a bunch of pple that want to see there name. In the end fly what ya want and so will i unless ENY has its way.

Disclaimer: Veiws here are not to be taken seriously if oyu do you need to get outside more and get away from the Comp monitor.     :rolleyes: :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 10:16:57 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
In the end, someone sent jaxxo hate mails for what he flew. jaxxo recognized them as "vets".

For some reason, they were pis*ed at him, and I have a fleeting guess that it was because he flew in the manner the vets didn't like (namely, in a manner that shot them down), and flew a plane the vets didn't like (namely, in planes they'd usually have assumed were being flown by n00bs and thus, easy kills). While such action may not be representative of all the "vets", it does tell you a lot on just how some of those "vets" really work in the MA ;)

Now, Kweassa, pay attention here.  Jaxxo is a vet himself and a very fine pilot (I can personally attest to this).  Jaxxo's post, on its face at least, asks why other vets make fun of his plane selection.  The answers posted in this thread break down into three groups:  (1) the plane has nothing to do with it, your peers are just mad you shot them; (2) given your experience level, you're not handicapping yourself as you should; and (3) don't worry, be happy.  The notion that experienced players ought to move to more difficult planes is one that is held by a significant number of people - vets and new folks alike - and may be deserving of discussion on its merits, rather than maligning the character of the players who hold it.

- oldman

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2007, 11:14:56 AM »
The notion that experienced players ought to move to more difficult planes is one that is held by a significant number of people - vets and new folks alike - and may be deserving of discussion on its merits, rather than maligning the character of the players who hold it.

Perhaps, but if so, it should be on their own terms and in accordance with their own agenda, rather than because it's being "dictated" by the comments of others who often seem to hold others to a different standard than they hew to themselves.  

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2007, 11:59:31 AM »
I can't believe someone actually took time to email insults regarding plane ride. That is just too funny. Seems they need to go experience real life more. On the other hand you can't be thin skinned flying in here..... just not worth letting it get to you. I always refer to spits as trainers because to me that is what they were used for in H2H. But to email or pm insults is rediculous. Historically it was a great plane.

There is one guy that flies in here that PMs insults every time you shoot him down..... even though he usually has alt and a so called dweeb ride. I understand he does this to most everyone. I'd probably not post his name if I could remember it.... but of course he is of so little importance..... I can't be bothered to remember it.

As has been said many times over it's your nickel......:)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 12:01:41 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline acfireguy26

• Nickel Member
      • FW
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
There is one guy that flies in here that PMs insults every time you shoot him down..... even though he usually has alt and a so called dweeb ride.

0LD>>>:t

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2007, 12:35:31 PM »
It is a funny accusation, considering how many experienced players fly LA-7s, N1K2s, P-51Ds, and C-Hogs.

....like they are "fighting the good fight" against the odds in an inferior ride hehe.

Its your $14.95, do what you want...
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »
List of dweeb planes I got after just because the are lame.

1. Spixqueen
2. Lghay
3. AH-64 Niki
4. Phony
5. Iffy
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2007, 02:12:22 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
A grain of unpleasant truth there, heh.

Really, a "vet" is merely a higher class of dweebs who would abide by this strange logic that for some reason, the amount of time they've spent in the game, or a generally 'inferior' plane type they choose to fly, somehow makes them different from other dweebs. Unfortunately, every 'vet' does what any dweeb would do - fly the way he wants, that would best ensure his survival.

They say they don't care of survival, and people should learn to fight more. But really, all of you, the next time you log on to MA, try keep a track of where you meet the "vet" guys or "vet" squads, under which circumstances. You'll quickly notice they enjoy the thrill of the fight, only when they know the odds are they would win in that fight.

Generally speaking, this comes with a convenient assortment of benevolent factors such as;

1) flying and cooperating with other "vets" only, and generally treating the lesser pilots as fishbait.
2) flying under areas of local air superiority
3) flying where there's a good-sized attack going on, where his own side has the initiative, but not a really large horde, since in such hordes kills would be rare
4) flying in an 'easy defense', where 2~3 sucky pilots would constantly come over to one's own field to become easy kills
5) flying in an 'easy beachhead defense', where there are sizeable amount of defenders, fighting against carrier-based planes with usually inferior specs than land-based planes
6) clandestinely picking a base with one or two friends while in a 'mid-war plane', and luring meager pilots to defend the base so he can engage them with a 5k alt advantage everytime

.. and etc etc..

Ofcourse, that's not a bad thing. Every pilot does that.

Except, "vets" deny they do that. That's the funny part. They treat it as if its a wrong thing, and expect every lesser pilot to come out and become easy fodder.  Nobody tells any of them how they should spend their 15 dollars, so why they become so touchy when the meager 'dweebs' refuse to fly in the way the vets would prefer, is beyond me.

In the end, someone sent jaxxo hate mails for what he flew. jaxxo recognized them as "vets".

For some reason, they were pis*ed at him, and I have a fleeting guess that it was because he flew in the manner the vets didn't like (namely, in a manner that shot them down), and flew a plane the vets didn't like (namely, in planes they'd usually have assumed were being flown by n00bs and thus, easy kills). While such action may not be representative of all the "vets", it does tell you a lot on just how some of those "vets" really work in the MA ;)

WELL SAID!!
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2007, 02:58:58 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
WELL SAID!!

Don't encourage him.  :)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 2fly

• Copper Member
Re: dweebfires..etc
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
Ive taken alot of grief latlely about flying spitfires...especially from veterans who PM me with the usual " tard..spitdweeb..." etc...one guy actually said it makes him sick to see vets in newbplanes ....

Are theese the same "Vets" who fly La-7s 90% of the time?

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2007, 04:39:29 PM »
Also seems as if our perception of the definition of a "vet" varies.
To me a vet is a veteran, which in AH terms has been around a very long time and knows the ropes. To me this would be people that have been around since AH1. Vets tend to be good sticks because of their experience. They know a lot about their favorite plane, and the rest of the plane set for that matter.

Some view Vets as people that get kills often. The problem I have with this is Player X may land more kills than me, however when I run into Player X in his plane of choice, I beat him. They get big egos because so many newer players say how great they are... compared to them. When they get shot down they tend to make up excuses, or accuse of cheating. "There is no way your plane out turned my plane!"

Then there are those (Roc) that think vets in AH are referring to Veterinarians, the people that he takes his sheep to when they are feeling sick.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor
Also seems as if our perception of the definition of a "vet" varies.
To me a vet is a veteran, which in AH terms has been around a very long time and knows the ropes. To me this would be people that have been around since AH1. Vets tend to be good sticks because of their experience. They know a lot about their favorite plane, and the rest of the plane set for that matter.

Some view Vets as people that get kills often. The problem I have with this is Player X may land more kills than me, however when I run into Player X in his plane of choice, I beat him. They get big egos because so many newer players say how great they are... compared to them. When they get shot down they tend to make up excuses, or accuse of cheating. "There is no way your plane out turned my plane!"

Then there are those (Roc) that think vets in AH are referring to Veterinarians, the people that he takes his sheep to when they are feeling sick.

Ummmm Well Said  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)