Author Topic: dweebfires..etc  (Read 1863 times)

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 08:27:47 PM »
People hate the spitfire, because they have no real opinions of their own, and merely repeat what has been endlessly repeated to them- that the Spitfires are the best planes, and that the people who fly them are stupid dweebs.

These are the same people who think their choice in cartoon planes makes a statement about the kind of person they are, or that what they do in a cartoon airplane game really matters to anyone but themselves.

I pity such people.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 09:55:32 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
These are the same people who think their choice in cartoon planes makes a statement about the kind of person they are, or that what they do in a cartoon airplane game really matters to anyone but themselves.

I pity such people.

So you get most of your flying a spit then? That and I'm betting on a Ostie.

...-Gixer

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 10:05:23 PM »
I fly the spits because I dont have the patience to grab 14k every sorty and choose SA over acm's...that being said I almost always fly severely outnumbered and in base defense mode...Im taking the best plane I can find for the fight If im gonna get ganged lol...the spit allows me to at least kill 2 or 3 before the eventual raping. Now gixer if was winging with 5 others and cherrypicking low cons constantly I wouldnt need to fly it would I?  The gameplay dictates my choice of rides...I used to love ruining Freebirds mission's with an LA7 at 10k...think I could do that in an F6F with great success? Fact is they just couldnt catch me and when they did the uberness of the lgay gave me more of a fighting chance :D

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »
Originally posted by Gixer
So you get most of your flying a spit then? That and I'm betting on a Ostie.

...-Gixer

If you're going to pull the stats card, look back a few tours as well.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2007, 10:15:12 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Those are the same guys landing all their kills in Tempests, F4U-4's, C-Hogs and 262's.

I am a Pilot, vitual maybe but still a pilot I am I am I am.

I've been flying the spit recently with some success. Use to just fly hog variations or b and z ers. However I wanted to mix it up some so why not the spit. Frankly, I have more respect for a guy who can get kills in a spit than those that just b & z.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:13 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
If you're going to pull the stats card, look back a few tours as well.

I didn't was a guess, stats take too long to load on my current connection.

...Gixer

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 11:42:32 PM »
Originally posted by Getback
I have more respect for a guy who can get kills in a spit than those that just b & z.

AMEN...I think kill shooter should activate when one plane is 100mph faster then the other plane:D  End of the B&Z'es
Jay12

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »
Originally posted by Getback
I am a Pilot, vitual maybe but still a pilot I am I am I am.

I've been flying the spit recently with some success. Use to just fly hog variations or b and z ers. However I wanted to mix it up some so why not the spit. Frankly, I have more respect for a guy who can get kills in a spit than those that just b & z.

I was talking about the guys whining about vets in Spits being the same guys landing all their kills in uber perk planes.

IMO landing kills in a Spit XVI is less dweeby than in a Temp or 262 or any of the others I mentioned the first time.  

I love Spits although my K/D suffers in them because I fly them into situations I have no business being in.  :)
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2007, 01:46:35 AM »
I have more respect for a guy who can get kills in a spit than those that just b & z.

This is very slanted language.  We can also oppose "b&z" with yank-and-bank, or whatever else you like.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
At least he didn't call it bore and snore.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2007, 08:42:27 AM »
Seems to be some confusion ..... some folks seem to think spits do not B&Z.... most I see start out that way. I'll take my 38 in low or high. If I am getting a cramp in my neck looking up all the time I'll come back with a little more alt. I prefer the fight on the deck. The 38 is very nimble on the deck but... you have to learn to fly it, it is not as simple as the spit is to fly.

Just last night Corky, Myself, Soulyss, Stogey and a few others were coming in low even though many on the oposing side were high.... just to add to the fun.

I get my share of kills in this fashion.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Flowers for Algernon
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2007, 08:43:43 AM »
Taters for Spitfires.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2007, 09:11:17 AM »
Bottom line those said vet pilots expect to find noobs when they get a vet in a spit they get whipped.

A grain of unpleasant truth there, heh.

Really, a "vet" is merely a higher class of dweebs who would abide by this strange logic that for some reason, the amount of time they've spent in the game, or a generally 'inferior' plane type they choose to fly, somehow makes them different from other dweebs. Unfortunately, every 'vet' does what any dweeb would do - fly the way he wants, that would best ensure his survival.

They say they don't care of survival, and people should learn to fight more. But really, all of you, the next time you log on to MA, try keep a track of where you meet the "vet" guys or "vet" squads, under which circumstances. You'll quickly notice they enjoy the thrill of the fight, only when they know the odds are they would win in that fight.

Generally speaking, this comes with a convenient assortment of benevolent factors such as;

1) flying and cooperating with other "vets" only, and generally treating the lesser pilots as fishbait.
2) flying under areas of local air superiority
3) flying where there's a good-sized attack going on, where his own side has the initiative, but not a really large horde, since in such hordes kills would be rare
4) flying in an 'easy defense', where 2~3 sucky pilots would constantly come over to one's own field to become easy kills
5) flying in an 'easy beachhead defense', where there are sizeable amount of defenders, fighting against carrier-based planes with usually inferior specs than land-based planes
6) clandestinely picking a base with one or two friends while in a 'mid-war plane', and luring meager pilots to defend the base so he can engage them with a 5k alt advantage everytime

.. and etc etc..

Ofcourse, that's not a bad thing. Every pilot does that.

Except, "vets" deny they do that. That's the funny part. They treat it as if its a wrong thing, and expect every lesser pilot to come out and become easy fodder.  Nobody tells any of them how they should spend their 15 dollars, so why they become so touchy when the meager 'dweebs' refuse to fly in the way the vets would prefer, is beyond me.

In the end, someone sent jaxxo hate mails for what he flew. jaxxo recognized them as "vets".

For some reason, they were pis*ed at him, and I have a fleeting guess that it was because he flew in the manner the vets didn't like (namely, in a manner that shot them down), and flew a plane the vets didn't like (namely, in planes they'd usually have assumed were being flown by n00bs and thus, easy kills). While such action may not be representative of all the "vets", it does tell you a lot on just how some of those "vets" really work in the MA ;)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2007, 09:13:05 AM »
Jaxxo you know you could up a Spit1, fly thru a furball, land 4-5 kills and still be called a spitdweeb. Face it, the arenas are loaded with cartoon egos who choose to act like cartoon crybabies.

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
dweebfires..etc
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 09:16:25 AM »
Fly what you want.  They are not paying the $15 show tell the STFU

JUGMAN