Author Topic: Ok, Serious Problem Guys  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Ok, Serious Problem Guys
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
Originally posted by DoNKeY
lol nice fix, and thanks for the suggestions guys.  I'm using it, and so far it doesn't seem that bad.  Its just those little precise movements to line up on someone when I'm on their six which is the hardest for me because I still am over correcting.

In the end I feel that a joystick with a light action will make you less 'ham-fisted' and all your finer control over your aircraft will improve.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Ok, Serious Problem Guys
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 02:49:20 PM »
Donkey,

I used to have the same problem as you,nose bounce. I isolated the problem and it was the rudder axis.The light forces required on the X52 seem to greatly exagerate this effect. I would pull the trigger and I could see rudder input which caused the nose to swing left and right.

This can be solved with use of rudder pedals,simply remove the twist rudder and 95% of the problem is solved. I was also having some elevator input,the actual nose bounce,this was resolved by enable scaling. I simply reduced the input,at the center of the axis for Elevator,the first 3 or 4 sliders on the left were set quite low.

So, be patient,try some adjustments,think about pedals and Practice,practice,practice.....

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Ok, Serious Problem Guys
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »
Adding some deadband to the rudder would be an easy way to find out if Morfiend is right. And a good way to keep from adding rudder when you don't intend to.

Offline Wingnutt

• Silver Member
Ok, Serious Problem Guys
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »
I went from the X52 to the Cougar, same story for me.. HATED it at first, just have to get used to it..

its not like learning to walk again,
but it is like walking on different legs.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Ok, Serious Problem Guys
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 07:57:13 PM »
Hrmm. nice idea MTNMAN...

I work at an auto shop... we also do custom exhaust...  so I have access to pipe benders and a welder...

Hrmm.. can you say... steel?

Mwah wah wah wah!

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Ok, Serious Problem Guys
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »
Didn't see it mentioned in the earlier posts but you might also consider getting a powered usb hub.  My x52 was having wierd quirks and bounces.  Turns out it wasn't getting enough power and the power wasn't very consistant, the spikes making the pots not read correctly.

The powered hub runs my pedals and x52 now.  Can't really feel a difference in the pedals but the stick and throttle have a much more precise feel now.  Its amazing.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace