Author Topic: Has the LA7 regained it's throne...  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Has the LA7 regained it's throne...
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2008, 08:46:27 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Did I say no one can turn in the La7? No I didn't I said most of the players whom fly it, have no clue how to fly it. Yes I've had my butt kicked by good pilots in the LA7, but those pilots are few and far between.

I know you don't like me Mash.. but quit trying to start a flame in every topic, it gets old..
I'm not the one who "doesn't like the other".   I don't carry "baggage" nor "grudges".    ANYONE who knows me over the last 6 years can back it.   I may bust balls on 200 and vent from 200 from time to time.   BUT, I have apologized to ANYONE that I have vented too.    

Don't "assume" some folks hate you because you aren't "more clear" in your posting.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Re: Re: Re: Has the LA7 regained it's throne...
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
They are not. P-51 still being the plane with most "usage", there is no notable change yet.

Current tour plane usage (based on all planes):

1. P-51D, 6.2%
2. La-7, 5.6%
3. Spit 16, 5.4%
4. N1K, 4.8%

Also DGS hat only a minor, if any, influence on MA plane usage:
And then there is this thing called "observer bias."

:D
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Has the LA7 regained it's throne...
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2008, 09:16:26 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
They are not. P-51 still being the plane with most "usage", there is no notable change yet.

Current tour plane usage (based on all planes):

1. P-51D, 6.2%
2. La-7, 5.6%
3. Spit 16, 5.4%
4. N1K, 4.8%

Also DGS hat only a minor, if any, influence on MA plane usage:

I'm guessing the 51 has more to do with name recognition for newbies then anything else.   I also think there are a group of dedicated Mustang drivers out there and squads based on those.

The other three I have to believe are much more performance based and cannon dependant.

That and the 51 goes like a bat outahell if they're coming in with alt :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »
I love the Pony drivers who think they'll out-zoom my Hog. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline bparker

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2008, 10:53:34 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I love the Pony drivers who think they'll out-zoom my Hog. :D

AMEN Bother:aok
= Wings Of Terror =
= We Own SkyRock =

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2008, 12:40:20 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
Huri 1 turns good enough to keep a noob out of trouble, but with the carburated engine and .303's it still makes for a very fun plane to fly for the experienced.  With that said the Spit 1 is likely the bigger challenge as personally when flying a H1 I almost feel sorry for the other guys.

Personally, I find the Spit I much easier to fly and get kills in than the Hurri I but I'm a long-time Spit dweeb so I guess that makes sense.

Originally posted by KONG1
And let's face it, there's nothing dweebier than the I-never-leave-the-horde guys. There are some players you will NEVER have a fight with (regardless of advantages and plane) because they will only flock. This includes I'm-leet-cause-I-fly-old-planes-in-late-war-but-only-in-a-big-group guys.

I fly those planes in LW occasionally although I don't claim elite status.  I do it almost exclusively in base defense against equal or higher numbers, usually coming in with alt/E advantages.  Who wants to double their time to a fight only to find there's no way out?  At least in defense home is close by.  I don't think I've ever seen a hoarder in an EW ride in LW.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 12:57:36 AM »
Some interesting considerations have been made about who flies the P51.  Lots of newbs, and some really good pilots, too.  That explains why I've been running into P51s that try to stall fight me after blowing all their e, and others who blow off my wing on their first guns pass.:eek:  There seems to be little middle ground.

La-7's aren't so troublesome because I do my best to fly above 10k ft.  If you're frustrated over the La-7, it's time for an altitude adjustment (like my pun?:lol).  Every time I've flown an La-7 I made it a point to climb to no more than 6-7k ft, and then rocket into a low altitude furball at 400mph.:p
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2008, 01:13:29 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Personally, I find the Spit I much easier to fly and get kills in than the Hurri I but I'm a long-time Spit dweeb so I guess that makes sense.

I fly those planes in LW occasionally although I don't claim elite status.  I do it almost exclusively in base defense against equal or higher numbers, usually coming in with alt/E advantages.  Who wants to double their time to a fight only to find there's no way out?  At least in defense home is close by.  I don't think I've ever seen a hoarder in an EW ride in LW.

That's cause the message those guys in the non-uber rides are sending, is that they want to fight and they won't run :)

And of course with that great pink Spit I skin that Kev did, how can you not take a Spit I? :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2008, 06:53:58 AM »
I think spit's are becoming more common now. After reading this topic i would mark down how many "dweeb" rides i would see just over the base. About 50% were spitfires. 20% were LA's. and the rest 30% was a mix of nik's and other planes.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline MajIssue

• Silver Member
      • "False Prophets"
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
Originally posted by SuBWaYCH
Flying something like a P-38/P-47 will really force you to use ACM.

Yea... Limit the fighter planeset to SuBWaYCH approved models only... Flying "Winnabagos" will teach those spitdweeb newbtards a thing or two about REAL cartoon flying. Forget about choice, forget about those clueless new guys having a little fun and maybe subscribing to AH. The Workers must control the means of production and the capitalist exploiters at HTC do not need to make obscene profits at the expense of the AH elite like SuBWaYCH. The Elites will FORCE you to learn ACM according to the standards set by Politburo member SuBWaYCH.

---"Lighten up Francis"
         SFC "Big Toe" Hukla in the film "Stripes"

:rolleyes: :lol :rolleyes: :lol :rolleyes: :lol
X.O. False Prophets
Altitude is Life
If you keep ignoring "Wife Ack" it will go away.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2008, 11:31:46 AM »
MajIssue - I think perhaps I'm getting a glimmer of where your name came from {grin}???

I *believe* that all he was trying to say is that if you try to win the maneuvering portion of the fight in those aircraft that are less maneuverable, you're margin of error is thinner, and you'll learn much more quickly from your mistakes.

I could be wrong though... I'm not a mind reader.   But I pretty obviously didn't read it as a you must have.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2008, 11:44:29 AM »
I've put several LALAs on the throne then pulled the handle and flushed them away.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »
I enjoy fighting La7's..... and I dont see them in any great numbers compared to Spits and P51's......................(Euro times)

To me there are loads of Spits...cant tell which type till I'm up close so they are all Spits to me..................
Ludere Vincere

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
That's cause the message those guys in the non-uber rides are sending, is that they want to fight and they won't run :)

AMEN!!!!!!

As for the "throne" for the run-dweebs in their LA7's...

68ROX

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:44 PM »
Originally posted by MajIssue
Yea... Limit the fighter planeset to SuBWaYCH approved models only... Flying "Winnabagos" will teach those spitdweeb newbtards a thing or two about REAL cartoon flying. Forget about choice, forget about those clueless new guys having a little fun and maybe subscribing to AH. The Workers must control the means of production and the capitalist exploiters at HTC do not need to make obscene profits at the expense of the AH elite like SuBWaYCH. The Elites will FORCE you to learn ACM according to the standards set by Politburo member SuBWaYCH.

---"Lighten up Francis"
         SFC "Big Toe" Hukla in the film "Stripes"

:rolleyes: :lol :rolleyes: :lol :rolleyes: :lol

Yea what he said!   :rofl :rofl :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!