Author Topic: HTC Sort this mess out  (Read 791 times)

Offline xFURYx

• Zinc Member
      • spitfire@dyfedboatservices
HTC Sort this mess out
« on: January 16, 2008, 11:32:38 PM »
ok ive been a member since 2002 and have mainly enjoyed playing this game. its been great up till now

everyday i hear people complaining about buggs and hacks etc ...i have read many posts in the forums on the issues also...but i have yet to read a responce from HTC

i and many others are getting sick and tired of paying to play a bugged out game. Its time HTC sorted this mess out once and for all, or this game is heading straight into the toilet

the community within this game is amazing, some great people and i have met some very nice people here and made some friends for life. but its all starting to go pear shape as HTC are not doing anything to solve these issues.

warping..the games netcode is messed up many people are warping and HTC are putting the onus on the player when its the servers that are causing the issue

immortal wingless planes, wierd issues, graphics lowering, wings falling off, collisions,cheaters, man i dont need to spell it all out HTC u allready know what people are complaining about so sort it out please or people are simply going to leave and go elsewhere.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 11:41:34 PM »
warping..the games netcode is messed up many people are warping and HTC are putting the onus on the player when its the servers that are causing the issue

I dont know how many online games you've played, but lag is eternal. In every online game. Ever. You can not stop it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 06:23:21 AM »
Originally posted by xFURYx
We do not put the onus anywhere.  We take a practical approach to solving this or finding where the problems are.  Seems the best way to handle it.  If you have a better information as to what is happening, then everyone would appreciate hearing about it.

Simply ranting about it being this or that is not helping.  The servers are not an issue for the most part.  When they are, we announce it.  It is easy to rule out the servers as we have direct control over them which allows us to monitor them with fine detail.  Once data leaves the servers, we have no control over it.  Just like you do not have control over any data once it leaves your connection.  We are all at the mercy of the Internet.

In this area, we do not place the onus on the player.  However, we cannot do anything to help determine the problem without IP addresses.  IP addresses are all shown in the traceroutes/Ping Plots.  We publish the IP addresses of the servers so any player can run traes to them.

We, on the other hand, do not have your IP addresses of the routers you use to access the Internet until we get a trace/Ping Plot.  really is difficult to trouble shoot problems with no information available, so we ask for it so we can trouble shoot.

immortal wingless planes, wierd issues, graphics lowering, wings falling off, collisions,cheaters, man i dont need to spell it all out HTC u allready know what people are complaining about so sort it out please or people are simply going to leave and go elsewhere.
People, for the most part, are thier own worst enemy in any online game.  Rather than ask the people who can actually answer questions, they prefer to bandy it about themselves guessing what is happening.

We have an open door.  Anyone can ask what is happening and will get an honest answer.  We ask for films of things as we would rather be accurate with our answers than to speculate about things.

A shining example happened the other day.  I got a film in which some players were going on and on about how some player must be cheating.  They built up this entire conspiracy theory and created this huge monster.  All that really happened was they were simply out flown.

The players have the tools to verify most things.  And when a question arises, we are happy to answer it.

Making general statements or threats and asking for comment is asking for speculation which serves no one except to feed those who are already ripe with paranoia.

Things will always happen which defy explanation from a player's perspective and invariably it is easier to claim it must be a cheat or a hack.  But if you really want the truth, you can get it.  Record it, send it in and we will be happy to oblige.  After all, isn't really better to get an answer from someone who actually knows how things work as opposed to some player who is only guessing?

There is no reason for this to be a huge emotional issue.  Problems happen.  Working together they can be solved.  We like solving problems.  Of course, solving problems requires information and data.  Rants do not supply anything helpful.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 06:28:22 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 07:52:20 AM »
Wonderful explanation Skuzzy.  I must disagree on one point, the open door policy.  

When it comes to the C word, or the H word, the door closes.  If there is someone who did something that caused them to be removed from the game via C’ing or H’ing, there should be some sort of announcement.  The reason I think this is providing enough information on that situation, may help others recognize that someone else is doing the same thing, and will allow the community to assist HTC in removing that person from the game.  Unless whatever happened that prompted the arena message that has appeared recently can be detected by HTC, player help can be invaluable.

Every game has issues, the only thing I think HTC can do better is communicate with their player base on these issues, and provide updates.  I have suggested before you have an FAQ of known bugs.  I can’t count how many times I see posts on the same issue.   An FAQ would at least let the community that you know about the issue.  Right now, we don’t know bunk..

Just a thought.

Personally, I really like the game.  Overall, HTC is doing a great job, thanks..
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:16:16 AM »
First, xFURYx, I have been playing this game since 2001 and have very rarely seen "funny stuff". Sure there are warps now and then, but I also understand that NOTHING is perfect. "crap happens" learn to live with it.

I think HTC and staff have alway done a great job at staying on top of everything to keep this game going. Seeing the numbers increase over the last 6+ years is proof enough for me that they must be doing something right.

Scca, I disagree with you on the "C" and "H" stuff. There is no way HTC could give out info WITH OUT getting burned by it.  Announcing "we have found a problem with "blah blah, blah" and have fixed it so no one can do it again", first show incompetents "how could they be so stupid to let something like that go by!". Also bringing it to the forefront is like posting a big sign "They did it, maybe you can too!". Then posting "names" will only bring out a "witch hunt" on anyone who happen to be seen with, or know said person.

No I think keeping the info to themselves and quietly handling any problems that comes up is the best way to handle it.

I have been happily sending my $14.95 a month for over 6 years and will continue to do so. Where else can you find this kind of fun so cheap !!!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »
Scca, our open door allows anyone to ask us any question via a phone call or email or even a PM.

Posting a question on a public board is hardly addressing us directly.  This is what I try to stress to everyone.  If you want an answer, then talk to us directly.

Discussions of cheating or hacking are not helpful to anyone as they are based, for the most part, on paranoia.  We, at HTC, are the only ones qualified to make the distinction.  We are happy to do so.

We will not divulge any intellectual property but we will do everything required to insure people get an answer to a question.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »
so Skuzzy what about the tank sites??????
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »
Originally posted by kilz
so Skuzzy what about the tank sites??????

did you read Skuzzy's post?

Posting a question on a public board is hardly addressing us directly. This is what I try to stress to everyone. If you want an answer, then talk to us directly.

:D

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
did you read Skuzzy's post?

:D

yes i read that but however i am no longer getting replys to emails about this subject.

I know that gv's is not the main thing in this game but i just want them to be fixed so they can be used correctly. :D

and this is in no way a whine or a complain about HTC not doing their jobs i think the do a hell of a job, i was just woundering if there is any new news on this.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
Just call them up
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:24:23 PM »
Originally posted by Meatwad
Just call them up

good point
Former LTARkilz

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 02:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by kilz
good point
What's the tank sight issue?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Scca, our open door allows anyone to ask us any question via a phone call or email or even a PM.

Posting a question on a public board is hardly addressing us directly.  This is what I try to stress to everyone.  If you want an answer, then talk to us directly.

Discussions of cheating or hacking are not helpful to anyone as they are based, for the most part, on paranoia.  We, at HTC, are the only ones qualified to make the distinction.  We are happy to do so.

We will not divulge any intellectual property but we will do everything required to insure people get an answer to a question.
Thanks again Skuzzy..

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »
Originally posted by Scca
What's the tank sight issue?

read this thread

http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222194
Former LTARkilz

Offline goober69

• Nickel Member
Re: HTC Sort this mess out
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 05:36:22 PM »
ok ive been a member since 2002 and have mainly enjoyed playing this game. its been great up till now

everyday i hear people complaining about buggs and hacks etc ...i have read many posts in the forums on the issues also...but i have yet to read a responce from HTC

i and many others are getting sick and tired of paying to play a bugged out game. Its time HTC sorted this mess out once and for all, or this game is heading straight into the toilet

the community within this game is amazing, some great people and i have met some very nice people here and made some friends for life. but its all starting to go pear shape as HTC are not doing anything to solve these issues.

in what littel expereince i have if there is a problem nine times out of ten its on your end. i trust htc to provide a good game.
now for ho's lag and ram those are just "features" that ull have to live with lmao
flying as Marvin57
"we few we happy few,
  we band of brothers;"
W.S  Henery V