Author Topic: Allied Milk  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Allied Milk
« on: January 31, 2008, 01:03:56 AM »
I leave to go duel someone in the DA. I come back to see there are four rook and only one bish (who is afk in a tower on the other side of the map), and  three rooks are milking one of our ports. (They cant say they wernt going to take it bacause when I got ther there were two LVTs and one C47 that had its troops running. I have a screen shot if one of you CMs need it. I also have a film but it only shows two of the three milkers.

I myself would like to see a punishment for people who are cought milking.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »

Caught red handed:D
Jay12

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 05:34:43 AM »
i got mult SS's of AXIS milking at one point is was 7 AXIS and no allies i just jumped on to see who the map was going. I was going to send them in but i decided not to, but a hole 4 people, you know your going to get the base back why cry about it?
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 05:44:46 AM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:41:19 AM by Skuzzy »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:05:22 AM »
email it to me....

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Allied Milk
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 07:23:33 AM »
Vans????  in a Hangar? camping??  

I don't believe you for one second.

Edit:   that guy deleted his post really quick!
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Campers suxorz
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:40:40 AM »
Yeah... Milkduds are what screwed us over a ways back.  Sorry to see not much has changed in the lamer department in AvA.

Speaking of Lamer Departments...  Guys if you're getting vulched, regardless of sides, up from another base.   Please do not cry foul if you decide to up at a capped base and get popped on the runway.  

Now given the distances in the Italy terrain, it might behoove us all to avoid vulching.  At least let the guy get airborne before engaging.

Personally, I refrain from vulching in AvA and Scenarios... Don't consider it quite sportsman, wott!  

~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline heythere

• Copper Member
rant mode <on>
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:06:12 AM »
it seems that the allied CVs spawn within a very short distance of axis fields also.  vanscrew and his buddies were repeatedly divebombing axis cvs in B26 and then augering for round two.  they had one player who was allied for quite a bit then was on axis moving the CVs closer to fields where they could be attacked.  I believe there were 16 allieds on v 6 axis at that time.  in short order with nearly zero probability of defending they captured A28 a zone base and P107.

we spent the remainder of a very frustrating evening attempting to take back those easily milked based.

these guys are probably children, at least I hope they are and this is a game for no gain so really it doesn't matter much but if I am investing discreationary time in an endeavor and playing with my squad while combining with other squads to win, doing so inspite of the odds being heavily favored against my team the least I can expect is for the regulatory agency to provide a level field.

the allied players have an overwhelming capability to drop bombs from both heavily armed fighter/bombers as well as level bombers.

we are denied the 110G2 which could counter to a degree.

the allied CVs spawn on our shores, we spawn two hours away.

I have yet to see where the panser is available that could mount a credible defense agaist the swarms of M8s and M3s that blanket base captures.

soda mentioned to me that our bases take longer to come back because the allied bases are resupplied and they have a dedicated cadre of resuppliers.  I'm not going to question that but I will point out that when it is 16 v 6 (not an atypical occurance) and my team does not have the capability to effectively pork ord and Vbase troops in a 200 mile radius it becomes futile and moot.

the allied players are gamey, the setup is skewed and if steps are not taken to correct it some of us will seek recreation elsewhere.

rant mode

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
matt Ter
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:51:22 AM »
im in the AvA arena at this time and im in the tower at p116 and it seems to be getting shelled. at this time only myself and Matt Ter are in the arena. is this considered milk running???

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »
Unless the allies captured C112 or C106 they do not have any CV's that spawn right next to a base.

Axis and Allies can manually resupply their bases by using M3's.   This is something that can not be turned on off for one side or the other.  It works for both.   The allies have made organized efforts to do this, the axis can do the same if they wish.    Bases will regenerate after a period of time without any manual resupply, so u don't have to do it.  But not doing so means you have to wait longer for your base to recover.

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:01:29 AM »
Just out of curiosity is the resupply bug from ealier fixed?  Myself and another axis pilot made 5 resupply runs each with nothing coming back up.  That was at the beginning of the week.  Seeing its ineffectiveness I stopped bothering to resupply.
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline republic

• Silver Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »
Originally posted by soda72
Unless the allies captured C112 or C106 they do not have any CV's that spawn right next to a base.

Axis and Allies can manually resupply their bases by using M3's.   This is something that can not be turned on off for one side or the other.  It works for both.   The allies have made organized efforts to do this, the axis can do the same if they wish.    Bases will regenerate after a period of time without any manual resupply, so u don't have to do it.  But not doing so means you have to wait longer for your base to recover.

Ok, I've played for awhile but there's still a few things that are fuzzy to me.  Supplies only bring up ack, ord, radar, and troops correct?  Hangers and town buildings are not affected by supplies.  Am I right?
P-47 pilot

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Allied Milk
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »
Originally posted by republic
Ok, I've played for awhile but there's still a few things that are fuzzy to me.  Supplies only bring up ack, ord, radar, and troops correct?  Hangers and town buildings are not affected by supplies.  Am I right?

I'm a little fuzzy on it to since the AvA has not catered to this type of game play before.

I've seen it restore Radar in the game,

The others i'm not so sure about but from what I understand it should help hangers, towns as well as the ord, fuel, and troops..  

I'm not sure if it works on ack though....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:48:47 AM by soda72 »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: rant mode <on>
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »
Originally posted by heythere
these guys are probably children, at least I hope they are and this is a game for no gain so really it doesn't matter much but if I am investing discreationary time in an endeavor and playing with my squad while combining with other squads to win, doing so inspite of the odds being heavily favored against my team the least I can expect is for the regulatory agency to provide a level field.

Soda has already addressed your concerns about the carrier spawn points and the resupply mechanism.  I'd like to respond to your other concerns if I may.

This is AvA,, and a sort of rolling plane set as well.  You won't get a "level playing field" because that did not historically exist.  This is probably not news.  Nevertheless, Soda spent significant time trying to draw up aircraft lists, tied to the different periods of this war, which offered rough balance, depending on the planes picked by the commanders.

I follow both of the restricted forums.  I see that, at one time or another, players for each side have perceived that they were outnumbered, or were flying inferior equipment, or were the victims of gamey tactics.  I've personally flown both sides myself.  While the A6M2 was a dominant aircraft during the first few days (i.e. before the Wildcat was added), I haven't seen an imbalance in aircraft types, except that the Allies have far superior bombers, which is just something you have to accept in any World War II reenactment.  Again, this is not news.

the allied players have an overwhelming capability to drop bombs from both heavily armed fighter/bombers as well as level bombers.

we are denied the 110G2 which could counter to a degree.
[/b]
Someone should have told the Fuehrer about this in 1938 when these designs were being developed.  The Axis will have the opportunity to select the 110G2 at a time when it became available to the real-world Axis.  Should be something to look forward to.

I have yet to see where the panser is available that could mount a credible defense agaist the swarms of M8s and M3s that blanket base captures.
[/b]
And here you should be speaking to, and assisting, your commanders.  This is a selection and placement issue.  Sometimes people pick well, sometimes they don't.  Part of the dynamic of a war game is living with both kinds of picks.

soda mentioned to me that our bases take longer to come back because the allied bases are resupplied and they have a dedicated cadre of resuppliers.  I'm not going to question that but I will point out that when it is 16 v 6 (not an atypical occurance) and my team does not have the capability to effectively pork ord and Vbase troops in a 200 mile radius it becomes futile and moot.
[/b]
This is plainly something that works both ways.  When the odds are 2v1 or 3v1 you will naturally not be able to fly resupply.  The odds will turn your way later on, we've all seen it happen.  

the allied players are gamey, the setup is skewed and if steps are not taken to correct it some of us will seek recreation elsewhere.

I probably can't think of any less constructive line to write in a thread like this.  Fork and Soda have been busting their humps on this setup, as have the commanders for the two sides.  If you have had history in this arena (and I believe that you have) you will recognize that the staff has generally spent more time in Axis planes over the years than in Allied craft.  There is no Vast Anti-Axis Conspiracy, and I am offended that you suggest there is.

- oldman

Offline 4440

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ahxarl.com
Allied Milk
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 11:21:14 AM »
Truekill,

So what in the name of sam hill do you expect the opposing side to do whil in the middle of a war? Be glad it wasn't 11 to 1 as it could have been.

Immediately after taking A83 which by the way you abandoned to go romp in the DA, Allied command discussed whether we should proceed en masse or call it a night. CO said not really worth it because it won't count. Not everyone allied was actually on VOX range so not everyone got the memo.

Since you say it was only 4-1 then obviously 7 of us logged and left well enough alone.

Of the 2 base captures I was involved in last night, yes only 2 in 2-1/2 hrs, Axis command or lack there of, provided little to the defence of their bases. Both were abandoned after lack luster defences. The side balance during that time period was near even and my capture SS's show that. That port your talking about, Axis took it from us on one of those so called "milkruns" only an 1hr earlier.

So the heck, do we just sit in the tower and and put the war on hold until the enemy drags their rear outta bed, or do press on and use our temporary advantage in #'s to move the front? Are we supposed to stop playing the game, which the last time I looked still was just that, a game, or are we allowed to to continue enjoying something we pay for?

So in closing, What would have you done in that same situation Mr. TrueKill?

Please tell me what you expect of us.

BTW Frode, I apolgize for that HO last night. Your plane was so well camo'd in the terrain I actually could not completely make you out. My fault and I apologize  .