Author Topic: The perfect mission  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
The perfect mission
« on: February 14, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »
OK say the target is a medium sized airbase 2 sectors away and you have 20 guys for the mission to take it.

1, Using any non-perked aircraft/vehicles how would you construct the mission? IE: What kind of airplanes/vehicles, how many would you assign to each, and what loadouts?

2, Same as above only this time there is a minor eny restriction. Say no airplanes with enys under 9.

3, What would your attack plan be? In detail if you please. This is the actual strategy of the base attack.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: The perfect mission
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 05:13:29 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo
OK say the target is a medium sized airbase 2 sectors away and you have 20 guys for the mission to take it.

1, Using any non-perked aircraft/vehicles how would you construct the mission? IE: What kind of airplanes/vehicles, how many would you assign to each, and what loadouts?

2, Same as above only this time there is a minor eny restriction. Say no airplanes with enys under 9.

3, What would your attack plan be? In detail if you please. This is the actual strategy of the base attack.

8 - 110g2's for Town.  2 500kgs 4 210mm rockets 50% and d/t. (can substitute mossies w/ 4 500lbs eggs)

10 - Typhoons (w/ 2k) or P38L/J (Rockets and 2k) or N1k (75% fuel, d/t and 2x250kgs)

2 - C47's or m3's.

If mission is noe, keep everybody throttled back and together untill the radar is broken and base flashes.

Assign two tiffies, p38's or THREE n1k's to kill the Vehicle hanger.  Have two hold their eggs for any nme gv's that might have goten out, and the rest drop on town.  They now have field ack/field cap duty.  Have them either kill the field ack, or patroll between the field and town and keep all badguys down.

All the 110/Mossies drop their Ord on town and gun what remains down.  After the tiffies/p38's/nikis have already dropped, much of the town should be down.  110's excell in "clean up duty" and will have the town flat quick.

IF done right the town will be flat right around the time the c47's get there.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »
The perfect 20-player mission?

I'd have to say...

the one that spawns on the runway just as I pickle a 1000lb bomb on the end of it.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
The perfect mission
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 05:18:59 PM »
10x 110G2 = 50%, 2x 500kg bombs, 4x 50kg bombs, guns'a'blazin package

7-8x N1K2J = 2 bombs, DT and 50% fuel, big gun pack

2-3 goons (depending on how many niks you have)

110's on town, Nik's on base to kill ack/vulch/VH, goons, well...you know what they do.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 05:21:34 PM »
You can take a base very fast if you have even just 6-8 110-G2's & atleast 2 Goons, you head there NOE, with the Goons about 2-3 mins behind you, the 110's can rip that town down in a matter of minutes, then right as the town goes flat the goons arrive and drop troops, you'll have it captured before the other team even realizes somethings happened.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
The perfect mission
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »
I look toward a more historic mission, after all this game is for the fun of flying and fighting..... taking the base is secondary.

3 Groups of B17, or 24's 250 or 500 lbs option, launch Time -20 mins climb out to a waypoint 45 degrees off a compass point(NW, NE, SE, SW of target) Level at 14 k and make run on town wing tip to wing tip, carpet bombing the town at a 45 degree run (corner to corner)

4 P51 or P47s fuel only , launch Time -10 mins meet bobmers at waypoint for cover.

6 hvy fighters for VH, and cleanup, Launch Time 0 climb to 10k

5 light fighters to cover hvy fighters, Launch Time 0 climb to 10k

2 goons or M3 launch time 0 spread out 8K and follow fighters in

Way points time out so fighters arrive at almost the same time as buffs, goons are 7-10 mins behind. VH dropped first, other hvys stay high till VH down and kill GVs if any make it out. After fighters drop, start deack.  The 4 fighters for buff coverage range out in pairs to cover most likely attack routes for defenders for nearby bases.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »
If you have 20 planes and you can't take it with zekes and vals you suck.  20 people should be able to take anything.

Offline Gabriel

• Copper Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
Concur with the Bf 110 to get stuff blowed up and the N1K to cover.

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 06:59:11 PM »
110s, spits, and goons

Offline ColSuave

• Copper Member
Re: The perfect mission
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 07:08:08 PM »
Originally posted by Rich46yo

I refuse to give any information about this to you, because I feel like I may be screwing myself over.
the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: The perfect mission
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »
Originally posted by ColSuave
I refuse to give any information about this to you, because I feel like I may be screwing myself over.

Please tell me your joking?

Thanks for the input guys. We seem to have a little bit of variance. Myself personally I like surprise. I dont even like popping dar until after the first pass thru a town. Its going to be interesting to see how well the new war wagons take down a town with quad 20mms. I wonder how fast they are going to roll? Same as an Osti?

I bet 4 groups of 17s can really level a town. Now that Ive never done yet.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 09:31:14 PM »
Jugs. Overkill. Done.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
Well you take 4 sets of Lancasters noe along with.......................Oh nevermind,you have probably already seen it,heard it,or experienced it..:aok
                                     Falcon23

Offline DoNKeY

• Silver Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »
Originally posted by falcon23
Well you take 4 sets of Lancasters noe along with.......................Oh nevermind,you have probably already seen it,heard it,or experienced it..:aok
                                     Falcon23

262's??:aok

Jk, 38's for the win.  Some heavy for town, the rest for CAP.  Done.

donkey
2sBlind

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
The perfect mission
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:13:55 AM »
The perfect mission is where 1/3 don't lawn dart in or blow themselves up with their bombs.  Where guys don't try and vulch in the ack.  Where the fighter cap doesn't all chase 1 Lgay leaving the field open. Where the field isn't totally porked of ords or troops.  Where the c47 pilot doesn't drop over the runway or drop to low over the town.  

In short where everyone shows some semblance of competence.  Alas very rarely seen being as most missions are contaminated err I mean populated with many newbies.:rolleyes:

Assuming you have 20 capable guys 10 x F6f 6x rockets 2x1k'ers 75% fuel.  First 5 in to de-ack field with rockets 1 pass. Next 5 to take out bomber hangers & VH.  Then establish a cap.  F6's still with bombs to take out any GV's & cap.

8x p47D40's 10x rockets 2x 500's with the lower 8 gun pack + 75% fuel.  To arrive within a minute of the F6's & blow town and re-enforce cap.  

2xC47 to arrive in dar circle noe same time as main force clearly separated.  1 goon to air drop just outside of town as it's being hit. 1 to land putting 20 troops out and running.  Gives time for last check of buildings.