Author Topic: Rules of Engagement in AVA  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Rules of Engagement in AVA
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2008, 08:57:05 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Talk about funny. What definition of frustration has a double standard in your book? You're frustrated you "don't get good fights." First off, I bet I could figure out how to get a "good fight" (enjoy the game) on anyone's terms (my own included) short of them logging the moment they see my icon. The other guy's style (or, if you prefer, lack of it) was never a legitimate reason for me to wet in public and be proud about it. I take care of my "class" ... he/she takes care of theirs. With or without the ch 200 mating calls thrown back and forth.

So .... you wanna claim that my unwillingness to try and learn lead up to this post? Work on yours. Learn me. Or don't. Get over it. Or don't. Frankly, Scarlett, you whine too much. You always have. If it makes you feel better ... shoot me down, eh? But whining about it between sorties will only waste your time. I'll be ignoring it and having fun, instead (anticipating my impending return and hardware tweekage/upgrade over the initial couple of tours). Even after you log in disgust. :D

LMAO, now that needed saying.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Rules of Engagement in AVA
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2008, 09:01:36 PM »
Yes there has slash you... you terd!!!

You know storch, that guy always killing you then making for of you for it.

:noid
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Rules of Engagement in AVA
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2008, 09:12:12 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
Yes there has slash you... you terd!!!

You know storch, that guy always killing you then making for of you for it.

Never any "Rules", it was more along the lines of a gentlemen's agrement. Which is why it did not work. Too many would break the "code" and give some of excuse of why it was ok to do so, and would wail like a banshee if it the favor was returned.

Storch take me 1 vs 1?    :rofl

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
I love, and dread, seeing Arlo's posts in here again.:rofl :aok

You still owe me a list of current AHii a/c we could use for the Spanish Civil war.;)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
The posts I miss. The singing? Not so much.:(

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 11:52:06 PM »
Originally posted by Easyscor
I love, and dread, seeing Arlo's posts in here again.:rofl :aok

You still owe me a list of current AHii a/c we could use for the Spanish Civil war.;)

Don't get me started. Heh. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
The posts I miss. The singing? Not so much.:(

I've been practicing:

Psycho ... by Puddle of Mudd

Maybe I'm the one ... maybe I'm the one who is the psytzophrenic psycho yeah ...

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:18 PM »
You know I can mute you now?

:t

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2008, 01:14:26 AM »
Why not just turn it into a GV only arena?  There is a group, now a minority, that like to GV without all the pesky planes bombing them you know....  Maybe there would be even more numbers then and there would be a new majority to tell the now majority to like it or leave.   Would anyone, that is now actively enjoying the AvA,  ever voice a complaint over that one?? ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:16:46 AM by WWM »
Jay12

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2008, 01:25:52 AM »
Originally posted by WWM
Why not just turn it into a GV only arena?  There is a group, now a minority, that like to GV without all the pesky planes bombing them you know....  Maybe there would be even more numbers then and there would be a new majority to tell the now majority to like it or leave.   Would anyone, that is now actively enjoying the AvA,  ever voice a complaint over that one?? ;)

A sense of bizarre humor isn't necessarily a bad thing, eh? :D

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2008, 04:15:20 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  @ these rulz.  Surely you jest, as this is what most the Axis does to the Allies.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2008, 07:07:17 AM »
Originally posted by WWM

I can envision hoardes of LTAR's now.  Rubbing their hands (or whatever else it is they rub) together.

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2008, 07:42:29 AM »
Originally posted by Odee
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  @ these rulz.  Surely you jest, as this is what most the Axis does to the Allies.

and the allieds do it all the time too. lets be fair. everyone does it!!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2008, 08:50:17 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Talk about funny. What definition of frustration has a double standard in your book? You're frustrated you "don't get good fights." First off, I bet I could figure out how to get a "good fight" (enjoy the game) on anyone's terms (my own included) short of them logging the moment they see my icon. The other guy's style (or, if you prefer, lack of it) was never a legitimate reason for me to wet in public and be proud about it. I take care of my "class" ... he/she takes care of theirs. With or without the ch 200 mating calls thrown back and forth.

So .... you wanna claim that my unwillingness to try and learn lead up to this post? Work on yours. Learn me. Or don't. Get over it. Or don't. Frankly, Scarlett, you whine too much. You always have. If it makes you feel better ... shoot me down, eh? But whining about it between sorties will only waste your time. I'll be ignoring it and having fun, instead (anticipating my impending return and hardware tweekage/upgrade over the initial couple of tours). Even after you log in disgust. :D

Oh well, I said it was not directed specifically to you but you thought it did apply.

As I said, no one I know that can put up any kind of fight, is posting any of that BS.  If you think that applies to you and only you, that is fine with me.

Shifty, who are you again?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »
Ded has a valid point. Without fail it seems that those that advocate dweeb play are those that can't put up a good fight. But at the heart of it I believe it to be a chicken and egg thing. Does the inability to fight lead to the lame attitude or does the lame attitude lead to the inability to fight.

I've played long enough to witness several fresh nooblets develop into steely eyed killing machines. The thing they all seem to have in common is that they keep upping and head straight for the fight. They come right back at you despite being blown to digital bits. They value the fight over the kill or points. They don't like to gang, ho and receive no particular pleasure from defeating the clueless because to them only the hard won victory tastes sweet.

I've seen many players who become quite proficient at lame game play. The HO experts, the pick artists who are great shots and have become very proficient at exploiting even their own team mates to get cheap kills, the guy that can execute an extraordinarily accurate pork-auger run, and the ones that derive their self esteem from the accomplishments of the group. This leads me to believe that they are capable of developing real fighting skills but their luzer attitudes have lead them to develop luzer skills.

In conclusion, the ability doesn't create the attitude, the attitude creates the ability. The incessant arguments in the forums are really quite useless. The lame mindset is genetically ingrained and people do not change. Born a luzer always a luzer. If you knew these people outside of the game you would see that their personalities are quite consistent. These luzers are the ones that will seek wealth regardless of the means. They will be political back-stabbing do-nothing corporate types. They will be politicians, preachers, salesmen and assorted other forms of low life. They will be liberal minded whiners who think that they are owed a living and everything wrong in their life is someone else's fault. They will be the majority. And lastly they all seem to live in denial and share a profound lack of self awareness so, in short, they could be you........
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 10:49:34 AM by KONG1 »
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks