Author Topic: Rules of Engagement in AVA  (Read 3013 times)

Offline KONG1

• Silver Member
Rules of Engagement in AVA
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2008, 09:10:27 PM »
Originally posted by ACB
 Its supposed to be a war sim.
Well Mr Shade when you have one life it will be a "war sim" until then it's a flying game.
“It’s good to be King” - Mel Brooks

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2008, 10:46:38 PM »
Originally posted by KONG1
Well Mr Shade when you have one life it will be a "war sim" until then it's a flying game.

Think mr. shade is mr. oACBo.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2008, 01:10:57 AM »
Originally posted by WWM
 I asked for two bases, in a thread, on the edge of the map to be made uncaptureable and set aside for the old AvA guys to have some fun times.  What would two bases hurt the new arena?     No responce from staff thus far...

So how about it staff?  

Could you implement it into the next map change and give it a try.  Maybe park CV off one of the bases also for the extra planes that are not available on land bases.  Not sure if you can make one CV undestructable though in case it got midnight porked on accident by a newcomer.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 01:13:38 AM by WWM »
Jay12

Offline ACB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2008, 01:13:56 AM »
yup its a game and people are gonna play it how they want and have fun.  Yeah Mr. Shade is oACBo.  And i guess if you want a good 1v1 go to the ....DA maybe?  Or did someone already say that?  But i guess im way outta line making that suggestion.  I obviously dont get it.  I thought it was a "game" of a war sim with Axis Vs. Allies aircraft fighting a battle against each other.  Not an arena dedicated to a bunch of 1v1 fights.  But it is a game so I guess you can play the way you want and everybody else will HO, pick and vulch.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2008, 01:39:10 AM »
Originally posted by ACB
I obviously dont get it. .

Thats a good idea. Someone said the DA BS already and was told why DA isnt a good place. The AvA is far from historical now. For the past five years maybe the CT/AvA has been dedicated to historical setups where you could find great fights in historical planes. With the CT regulars/vets flying by a kind of code. Most of us didnt care if we came out the winner if it was a good fight. But now with this war a flood of MA types have been playing in there only careing about tollsheading/killing. In the past vulching/picking/HOing are rare and mostly done but people in there for the first time. Now you cant fly five minutes without geting one of those, but thats what happens when you invite people from the MA into any arena. Skill level goes down and dweebery goes up 10 fold.

But what do I know Iv only logged more hours in the CT/AvA in the past seven years then most people log in the MA.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/bassim
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2008, 02:20:33 AM »
See we are having a problem of old AvA and New AvA.

The Vet guys want the Old AvA set up back..

But the new guys who are adding players to the AvA want the new...

If neither side can work, then one side is gonna have to fold.........

Old AvA comes back, super low numbers, but close net group

New AvA starts up, its just another MA but with limited plane sets.

I suggest these two groups work together and help each other otherwise HiTech might as well just dump AvA all together!!

Im a MA player, always have been, but i love the AvA set up and strongly support the rules of engagement.  No hoeing, unless absolutely necessary "example, being outnumbered 3+ to 1", stay out of a fight unless called in a fight stays 1v1.  To the Vets, its a new thing many of us squads do, especially mine, team work!!!  We dont fight as individual pilots, we fly as an entire force!  No milk running!!  No Ack running!!  I suggest we start to work together, or go our separate ways and go back to the way it was a year ago.........

But this is just my 2 cents.....
Joedog31

GL IV./JG4 for Red Storm Krupp Steel
***The Flying Circus*** MA
334th FS "The Eagles" - FSO

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2008, 02:47:08 AM »
Originally posted by EagleEyes
Vets, its a new thing many of us squads do, especially mine, team work!!!  We dont fight as individual pilots, we fly as an entire force!

SEA/FSO/MA? If it was up to me I would spilt the arenas. Old "AvA" and "War Arena". I dont like this war thing I deal with it because its the only arena where I can find a fight agenst something other then a LA7 or Spit16. I hope after a few more "same ol wars" the hype dies down and people start leaving. I never saw a problem with low numbers, but then again I like the idea of quality not quantity.

Most of the large squads that I fought in here since the war started couldnt fight thier way outa a paper bag without thier squadies there to help out. You get them 1,2, or even 3 on one and they have no effing clue what to do so they run to thier ack or buddies. One thing we try to teach in JG54 is to handle a fight yourself because theres not always going to be a wingman there to help you. I guess people feel safer when flying in the horde. Thats something Ill never understand.
JG 54 "Grnherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2008, 03:09:32 AM »
You guys chose to fly as single fighter units, as for my guys, ive taught them to fly with a wingman.  

Your a great pilot, theres no doubt about that.  No one can disagree with that.  But when we have to face you or other guys who are beyond our ability, we use tactics to defeat you.  Just like they did in the war.  And i know youll start talking about hoeing and cherry picking and what not.  Which we dont.  We use REAL WWII tactics!!

I have nothing but the utmost respect for you TK, you are a true great pilot and a wonderful person.  We may not agree on everything.  But i do respect you and your opinion.  Your what i consider an "old stick".  Someone whos been around for a long time and knows the game inside and out.

However, now days there are more new guys then us old sticks.  I believe its up to us to mold these guys into what we want them to be.

Yes my guys are an MA squad.  So we fight as a unit or "horde" as you call it.  But thats what makes us a great squad.  When you find one Tomcatter, more wont be far behind.  Thats my belief and i will continue to practice these tactics.

Then again, in the last war, the only guy i ever fought 1v1 was Storch and only because we chose a place and alt to fight.  I fought you many times and you were always mixed in with other guys, cleaning the tails of countrymen.  If you were a true 1 v 1 guy, you wouldnt join in the "axis horde" and smash bases.  If you dont like the War, then why be the CO for the axis?  Why have leader who doesnt even want or like what is going on??  For me, its something i just dont understand.  I dont wanna call you a hypocrite or anything, but sometimes thats what i see, and not only from you.....  Especially about hordes and milk running.....
Joedog31

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2008, 08:08:01 AM »
Originally posted by WWM
So how about it staff?  

Could you implement it into the next map change and give it a try.  Maybe park CV off one of the bases also for the extra planes that are not available on land bases.  Not sure if you can make one CV undestructable though in case it got midnight porked on accident by a newcomer.

It would not work Ww.  It would actually create a bigger problem since these guys would consider you a waste of resources and they would come over there to put an end to your game play so they can force theirs on you.

Backrub, Odee, etc. are perfect examples of what I am talking about.  Send me your email if you want to see some comedy of flying.  The best I ve seen Odee do is a 10 second fight since his friend had to die first.  As I said, no one that thinks he can fight, posts and of the BS they do.

Whats funny is, WwM could take on anyone in this thread since his second week in the game. I guess some people can and some can't (look at Kongs post for further explanation, lol)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »
Originally posted by WWM
 I asked for two bases, in a thread, on the edge of the map to be made uncaptureable and set aside for the old AvA guys to have some fun times.  What would two bases hurt the new arena?     No responce from staff thus far...

No.

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2008, 11:56:32 AM »
Thank you for a reply Slash.
Jay12

Offline EagleEyes

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2008, 12:01:17 PM »
Guys, please stop ripping each other apart, otherwise we will be having the same problems with "chest thumping" as we did with the last war!!
Joedog31

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »
Originally posted by WWM
Thank you for a reply Slash.

We cant make certain bases uncaptureable. Its a all or nothing type of thing.

Offline WWM

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2008, 12:47:55 PM »
Oh..didn't know that since the MA maps have bases that are uncaptureable.....unless I am mistaken.  I thought the ones with red boxes around them were that way.  Again, thanks for responding anyway.
Jay12

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2008, 01:10:02 PM »
Originally posted by Bukrub
If Im not shooting, I will be climbing.

If you don't want HO'd then point your nose away from me.

Dont take off from a capped field, and you wont get voulched.

If your bingo, You should have planned better.

I wont let you land your kills. Get a better wing man.

If you want to be alone with your sheep, Hide where I cant find ya.

BUK

Originally posted by WWM
And they have spoken!  Now all you old AvA vets GET OUT if you don't like it!

Originally posted by ACB
But I thought the AvA was supposed to be more of the Historical War sim.  Which is why I think it is cool.  But I dont know about the whole fight fair thing.  Its supposed to be a war sim.  What I read in the ole dusty books at the library dosent say anything about letting an enemy land after he is out of ammo or low on fuel.  Or coming in at the enemy's alt and fighting his fight.  ...   And if im in a good 1v1 and a friendly pops up and smokes you.  Well your dead and thats kinda the point.  I like team work and enjoy the way I play.  

THANK YOU for saying what I've been trying to say for a while!!! (especially WWM)

Anyway, I just think this whole "online community" stuff (I refrain from saying 'BS' because it exists) is rather   pathetic .  It just seems like a load of people wasting their lives,  and running away from reality.

The above does NOT apply to all the 'old-timers'

Yossarian
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_