Author Topic: MS Walk  (Read 306 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
MS Walk
« on: February 26, 2008, 09:38:01 AM »
No arm twisting, just thought I would post this for my niece.  

My sister-in-law was recently diagnosed with MS.   My niece is going to participate in a Walk for MS in San Antonio on March 1 and her goal is to raise $175.  

Every hour of every day, someone is diagnosed with MS. Unfortunately, as most of you know, my mom is among the many with MS. That's why I registered for the MS Walk and that's why I'm asking you to support my fund raising efforts with a tax-deductible donation.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to ending the devastating effects of MS but they can't do it without our help. It's faster and easier than ever to support this cause that's so important to me. Simply click on the link at the bottom of this message. If you prefer, you can send your contribution to the address listed below.

Any amount, great or small, helps to make a difference in the lives of people with MS. I appreciate your support and look forward to letting you know how I do.

Thanks!

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/TXHWalkEvents?px=4439510&pg=personal&fr_id=7743&s_tafId=64460

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
MS Walk
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
My mother has MS, it's a true bummer! Airscrew, do your brother a favor and remind his wive to never give into walking equipment (Example: Walkers, wheelchairs.)

The moment my mother tried them to reduce the pain a wee bit she began to lose her ability to walk, now I end up helping her to walk 10 feet and then drag her back. She thinks she's hurting me, but the most pain is located in her emotional status.
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
MS Walk
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »
I used to ride in the MS 150 from Houston to Austin every year. Me and my Brother rode Elevation 200 Miata mountain bikes... alot of fun for a good cause. Did 150 miles in 2 days.

The Heart Association has a ride from Houston to San Antonio it is almost 200 miles in 2 days. Did that one a few times too.

Lions Eye Bank has a 100 mile ride that starts and ends at the College by NASA. Fun day ride there too.

All for great causes......
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
MS Walk
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »
All these years, giving blood, walkathons, bowlathons, selling candy door to door for fund raisers, and such stuff I was never personally involved with anyone that had medical issues like this.   So far for her its early, she was just diagnosed before Christmas, and they havent made a big deal about.   I guess I need to do some reading

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
MS Walk
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
I had 2 good friends with MS at different times. Both were fairly advanced when I actually met them. It always amazed me how their families came together to take care of them. When I see folks complain about the simplist of things I just want to take them to see just how it could be.

I have a young friend now that has never been able to walk (not MS)... his name is Jeffrey. I met him and his Mom one morning as they were loading him on the School Bus with a lift. I had sat and waited on this bus at this stop on many occassions. As I was waiting this time I saw them drop some books and papers. The papers blew under the bus to the other side and I jumped out of my truck to get them. I now have three more friends because of a simple gesture... Jeffrey, his Mom, and his Dad. Good people. Their Son is an only child and they give him the best of care.

They live in a trailer on about half an acre and I am sure they just get by. They have never asked for help or anything but when I see they may need some I let a few of the helpful groups around here know about it. The Masons and such.

I'm rambling on but these are things many folks do not see...... no matter how bad... it can always be worse.

Puts getting HO'd in perspective... that's for sure.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:43:47 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
MS Walk
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:32 PM »
Originally posted by Shuffler
Puts getting HO'd in perspective... that's for sure.

puts alot of things in perspective, but I get your meaning....

anyway if anybody is interested in making a donation that link I posted goes to my niece's MS page.

thanks for taking a look.

Ken
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 08:23:56 PM by Airscrew »

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
MS Walk
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 07:35:01 PM »
And I entered this thread expecting a new program from Microsoft. Now I'm depressed.

If I wasn't already commited to CF (Good luck James!), I'd help out. Your sister in law will be in my prayers.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
MS Walk
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 09:13:21 AM »
Thanks Sikboy.   MS Walk, yea it occured to me that it might look like Microsoft, but my imagination was weak yesterday and couldnt think of anything better...