Author Topic: FSO: Side Assignments - 1000 miles of War, Ice & fog  (Read 1157 times)

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
FSO: Side Assignments - 1000 miles of War, Ice & fog
« on: March 07, 2008, 03:59:27 PM »
Okay Gentlemen,

I have received side preferences from every squad but the following:

325th Checkertails VFG
    Arabian Knights
    The DAMNED
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Nightmares VMF-101
    Raw Prawns
    Fighting 31
    ~U.S.M.C~/ 71 Squadron
    ~~~THE UNFORGIVEN
    31st Figher Group
    Jokers Jokers
    Fighters Inc.
    Sky Knights
    367th Dynanite Gang

Next some insight into how I assigned squads. First off remember this you indicated a preference it doesn’t guarantee you a side (otherwise it would be like 40 allies squads versus 3 Axis squads), part of flying FSO is knowing that you will have to fly for the side you don’t prefer at times.

Without that in mind any squad who requested Axis got them (613th Pariah, II/JG11 Reichsverte, JV44 Butcher Birds  Ex.III./JG44 Night Hawks).

Then any squad who has flown 2 or 3 FSOs in a row for one side automatically got the other side (364th C-Hawks~, Clowns of Death, VMF-251 Buccaneers, ~U.S.M.C~/ 71 Squadron, 31st Fighter Group, Army of Muppets, Jokers Joker).

Then after that I placed the other squads on sides.

Usually the Allies have a better turnout than the Axis (since most people want to fly allies) so the squads are split 48% to the allies and 52% to the Japanese.

Rest assure the frame 1 turnout numbers will be watch and if things get out of whacked numbers will be adjusted by switching squad(s) from one side to the other if numbers really go screwy for one side (low or high).

With that said here are the side assignements.

JAPANESE
========
16-21: !347th Fighter Wing
16-21: 364th C-Hawks~
16-21: ~U.S.M.C~/ 71 Squadron
16-21: 31st Fighter Group
16-21: LCA

11-15: 325th Checkertails VFG
11-15: 353rd Fighter Group
07-10: 327th Steel Talons
07-10: 613th Pariah
07-10: II/JG11 Reichsverte
07-10: Fighting 31
07-10: ~~FATE~~
04-06: Arabian Knights
04-06: The DAMNED   Axis
04-06: JV44 Butcher Birds  Ex.III./JG44 Night Hawks
04-06: 880 Fleet Air Arm
04-06: Raw Prawns   Axis
04-06: VMF-251 Buccaneers
04-06: The Haze 100th FBG

Min Numbers = 165
Max Numbers = 227

FRAME CiCs
----------
FR1 - Arabian Knights
FR2 - !347th Fighter Wing
FR3 - II/JG11 Reichsverte

U.S.
====
22-27: 332nd Flying Mongrels
16-21: Nightmares VMF-101
16-21: ~~~THE UNFORGIVEN
11-15: Army of Muppets
11-15: Jokers Jokers
11-15: 5th Air Force
07-10: (+) precision
07-10: VFA-169 Excaliburs
07-10: ~Air Raiders~   Allies
04-06: 9GIAP VVS RKKA   Allies
04-06: Clowns of Death   Allies
04-06: Isle of Misfit Toys
04-06: ~~~The Killuminati~~~
04-06: 55th FG VelociRaptors
04-06: HellCat FG   Allies
04-06: Swamp Dragons
04-06: Fighters Inc
04-06: Sky Knights
04-06: Alligator Snappers
04-06: 367th Dynamite Gang

FRAME CiCs
----------
FR1 - 5th Air Force
FR2 – Clowns of Death
FR3 – HellCat FG

Min Numbers = 152
Max Numbers = 210
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
Re: FSO: Side Assignments - 1000 miles of War, Ice & fog
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
Updated

=FIGHTING 31= Ride Prefence for this week's FSO:      Fr I or II F4F-4 or P40B, Fr III P38G/D
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:43:16 PM »
Wow, old database? "II/JG11 Reichsverte" We have not gone by that in over a year. It's just "JG11", as it shows on our squad reg info.

Thank you.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 04:10:25 PM »
Ratt,

If you guys are defecting to Allied, 251 will come with you. ;)

I DO, with all due respect, wish to gripe that squads (like mine) who submitted their side request in a timely manner and wanted Allied were instead given Axis based on the criteria given, while squads who did NOT submit their requests at all were given Allied instead. I know you have to balance the sides and that's not an easy task so I won't say any more about it, but I do feel that's a little unfair to the squads who did give you their preferences.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:17:21 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »
The numbers you have for USMC / 71sqn are incorrect. We registered 11-15, on 3-6-08.

Also the numbers for 367th are incorrect, they are 11-15. on 2-28-08.

Also the numbers for 31st FG are incorrect, they are 11-15. on 2-8-08.

May need to adjust sides.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:58:09 PM by SLED »
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 06:01:37 PM »
I have updated the side assignments for the next event including the addition of a couple of squads that had been forgotten, and adjustment of some squad numbers. We may have to switch a squad or 2 depending on how things go. Also, some of the squads still need to adjust there request for Air Craft choice.

It is now to late to adjust your numbers.

(Maximize your browser window for this to look right)

Side Assignments for "1000 Miles of War, Ice, and Fog"

Squad name                CO Name            Commitment / Side             CIC(yes/no)                         Frame Ride Preference

(+)precision               marcds                7-10  Allied                     No                                      P40b

332nd Flying Mongrels  daddog               22-27  Allied                    No                                      Any ride & P-39 if is comes out in time.

367th 'Dynamite' gang  Tattered            11-15  Allied                    No                                     

5th Air Force                Stoney74          11-15  Allied           Yes, for FRAME 1 on 2008-03-14       P-39, P-38, F4F in that order

9GIAP VVS RKKA            Dantoo              4-6  Allied                      No                                      Just Happy to Help

Army Of Muppets          BearKats             11-15  Allied                   No                                    P39D/P38G (If available) then P40B

Clowns of Death              Kurt                4-6  Allied             Yes, for FRAME 2 on 2008-03-21         Fighters

FIGHTERS INC.             CHAPPY               4-6  Allied                       No                                            P40

Hellcat Fighter Group     Redtail7              4-6  Allied             Yes, for FRAME 3 on 2008-03-28   

Isle of Misfit Toys       ShakNbak              4-6  Allied                          No                                 

Jokers Jokers               Joker2                 7-10  Allied                        No                                     

Nightmares VMF-101     MGD                   16-21  Allied                       No                                 Fighter or Bomber as necessary

SWAMPDRAGONS         JackRaid               4-6  Allied                         No

The =55th= VelociRaptors  Turbo10           4-6  Allied                         No                                              Any.

The Sky Knights           jammerz               4-6  Allied                         No                                           25C, P40

The Unforgiven            Mystic2                16-21  Allied                      No                                     

VFA-169 Excaliburs        Ruger44              7 -10  Allied                       No                                                F4F-4

~Air Raiders~               Lambo                 7-10  Allied                        No                                             B-25's

~~~ The Killuminati ~~~  Kermit               4-6  Allied                         No                                         Anything but the F4F4

31st Fighter Group          ADog31st            11-15  Axis                       No

325th Checkertails VFG  CUTT                   11-15  Axis                        No                                         Fighters / Bombers

327th Steel Talons         Tried                   7-10  Axis                         No                                         

347th Fighter Wing      68Falcon                16-21  Axis            Yes, for FRAME 2 on 2008-03-21                 

353rd Fighter Group      TheBug                  11-15  Axis                       No                                                 

364th C-HAWKS FG     SpiveyCH                16-21  Axis                       No                                               

613th SOS Pariah         ElD66                    7-10  Axis                        No                                                   Fighters

880 Sqn Fleet Air Arm  Warloc                    4-6  Axis                             No                                               

Aces & 8s                  A8balls                    7 -10  Axis                        No                                     

Arabian Knights         AKDogg                     4-6  Axis           Yes, for FRAME 1 on 2008-03-14               

Damned SE                Drano                     4-6  Axis                          No                                            No Preference

FIGHTING 31            rattfink                    7-10  Axis                         No                         

JG11                       Stampf                    7-10  Axis        Yes, for FRAME 3 on 2008-03-28                           A6M2

JV44 Butcher Birds    WOLF359                 4-6  Axis                          No                                                

LCA                          Pez                      16-21  Axis                        No                                                     

Raw Prawns               rikau                       4-6  Axis                         No                                                   

The Haze 100th FBG  Chapel                     4-6  Axis                          No                                                         A6M

USMC / 71sqn          TracerX                    11-15  Axis                      No                                                     anything

VMF-251 The Buccaneers Saxman              4-6  Axis                          No                                                       

AArch AAngelZ Div187 AApache                4-6  Axis                         No                                     

~~~FATE~~~             Bannor                  7-10  Axis                         No                                           

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 06:59:03 PM by SLED »
USMC/71sqn

Offline DakOne

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 06:08:12 PM »
You show the LCA on AXis flying P40B's. Little mix up I'm sure.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
You show the LCA on AXis flying P40B's. Little mix up I'm sure.
That just shows what ride that squad wanted, not what they'll be in.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »
That just shows what ride that squad wanted, not what they'll be in.

Correct
USMC/71sqn

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 07:02:32 PM »
Stoney understands, Allied CIC for Frame 1.

"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 10:48:38 PM »
I DO, with all due respect, wish to gripe that squads (like mine) who submitted their side request in a timely manner and wanted Allied were instead given Axis based on the criteria given, while squads who did NOT submit their requests at all were given Allied instead. I know you have to balance the sides and that's not an easy task so I won't say any more about it, but I do feel that's a little unfair to the squads who did give you their preferences.

Sax,

Your squad has been Allied the last 3 events.

There was NO WAY you were going to get Allied again this event.

Past history is what is looked at the most in deciding which side to put a squad on.

USMC/71sqn

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 11:58:49 PM »
I have received side preferences from every squad but the following:

325th Checkertails VFG
      Arabian Knights
      The DAMNED
      Isle of Misfit Toys
      Nightmares VMF-101
      Raw Prawns
      Fighting 31
      ~U.S.M.C~/ 71 Squadron
      ~~~THE UNFORGIVEN
      31st Figher Group
      Jokers Jokers
      Fighters Inc.
      Sky Knights
      367th Dynanite Gang

We are not listed here.
---------------------------------------------------------
Then any squad who has flown 2 or 3 FSOs in a row for one side automatically got the other side (364th C-Hawks~, Clowns of Death, VMF-251 Buccaneers, ~U.S.M.C~/ 71 Squadron, 31st Fighter Group, Army of Muppets, Jokers Joker).

For Cruel Sea--all frames allied
Breaking the Seige--Frame 1 allied, moved to axis for frames 2 and 3.
Okinawa-The Final Battle--Axis all frames
Operation Cerberus--Axis all frames
Operation Strangle--Axis all frames
Bangkok or Bust--Axis all frames

And many more frames we flew axis. 
--------------------------------------------------------
I know it's tricky getting all this in line.  Just posted to get your thoughts.
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 12:21:54 AM »
Are you guys going to try and make me justify every squad assignment?  :huh

We try and alternate as best has we can, but that does not mean that squads will not sometimes see the same side 2 - 3 times in a row. If a squad sees the same side 4 times in a row, THEN they need to say something, and we will try to change that.

Spivey, I have your squad as Allied in "Operation Cerberus". From what I see your squad has pretty much gone back and forth.

Starting with Arado 234 blitz for the Chawks.......

Axis
Allied
Axis
Allied
Axis
Allied/Axis
Allied

There are a couple of events that did not get recorded.

Next............... :rolleyes:

:)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 12:23:57 AM by SLED »
USMC/71sqn

Offline SpiveyCH

• Copper Member
      • http://www.chawks.org
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 12:51:10 AM »
From the FSO Logs starting with Arado:

Axis
Allied
Axis
Axis
Axis
Axis
Allied for Frame 1/Frame 2 and 3 moved
Allied

Just trying to get a better understanding of the process.   :rock
SpiveyCH
The 364th C-HAWKS Fighter Group

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 09:08:09 AM »
Saxman according to the Admin CM tracking VMF-251 Buccaneers have flown Allied for the past 3 FSOs in a row. Per the rules of FSO no squad (with the exception of requesting axis) can fly a side 3 frames in a row. Sorry, you had a good run as allies but it is time to fly Axis.

Now in regards to requesting Axis. It has long been the policy of the Admin CMs that if you request axis you get it. Why because everybody and I mean everybody requests allies. Over 40 squads requested allies. So if your squad has flown Axis 3 times in a row and your request Axis for the 4th event we see no problem giving it to you since it is always the case that very few squads actually request axis.

So SpiveyCH if you were placed on Axis side four times in a row (or I should say the the 4th time) and had requested Allied for that 4 FSO then definitely there is an issue. If you requested to be on the Axis side that time, that is fine. Basically it was your choice for that event. I don't know which was the case .. if you requested in for the fourth or were put in it when you requested allies.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 09:14:01 AM by ghostdancer »
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team