Author Topic: ENY!!!  (Read 6638 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: ENY!!!
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »
Perhaps if ENY was gone...maybe the just maybe it would help the map rotations.   :aok <Ducks for cover>
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2008, 11:25:52 PM »

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »
I have said this before........ the enemy things is a bad idea......now Hitech is going to tell me to suck and egg again...see you guys got me in trouble again!
<S>999000

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2008, 11:59:34 PM »
I LOVE ENY.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2008, 12:27:50 AM »
The suggestion that we "change countries" is ridiculus.  It ain't happening for me and a lot of the people I fly with! 

That is a conscious choice that you make. You live with the consequences of your choices. In this case, no uber late war rides. There is nothing ridiculous about making friends on the other teams. :)
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2008, 01:17:59 AM »
Our point is that it does not EVEN out the game, it does not detract or add to OUR abilities to conduct succesful missions to win the war which is the GOAL of THE GAME (ours anyway).  
Players from bish side as well as others in the game from all sides that realize from a users perspective that it doesnt even things out, since we still win maps with such high eny's.  

So, to clarify our goal is to win wars which we do.(with numbers due to Bish usually outnumbering in one arena and outnumbered in the other, and HIGH eny as much as 20-25).  However, with high eny's how is that preventing us from winning wars anyway?  
Much of the time, knits, rooks, bail out of the game since they smell defeat coming, and the eny skyrockets when they do.

And if you are serious about what you've just typed, and you aren't trolling you are contradicting your own argument.  You are very clear you play the game to win the war.

Not everyone cares about winning the war, cause there is no war, just a game, where if the map is reset, you get a do-over.

Many of us place Aces High, for the Aces aspect of the game, which means air combat.  It's that goofy bit with the airplanes shooting at each other.  We could care less about the do-over as one base looks much like the next, and in the end it's just a starting point to take off from to engage in that "aces' part of the game again.

You wish to be allowed to play the game your way, regardless of the impact on anyone else.  You'd deprive me of what I play the game for in your quest for a do-over.

I could care less if you take bases until the cows come home.  But there is no "aces' part of the game if 150 players from one team, steamroll half that number or less.  The MA isn't your arena anymore then it's mine.  HTC is responsible for making the decisions that hopefully give all players a chance to engage in the type of gameplay they enjoy, not just "win the war', and not just air combat.

Your post comes across so selfish and 'give me what I want' that I'm hard pressed not to believe it's a troll.  At the same time I ran into some of your type players last night and it amazed me.  They started in on one base, and a few of us went up to defend, and they didn't know what to do.  They just drove straight forward in a pack while we clobbered them.  They didn't know how to turn their planes or look backward from what I could tell.  They then moved to another undefended base and we moved over again and the same thing.  Like sheep to the slaughter.  I'd never seen it in over 10 years of playing.  They made me look good, which is really going some.

Try for half a second to think of the entire player base, not just yourself.  It isn't just about you or just about me.  Thankfully HTC and company understand this and try and accomodate all of us.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline AAolds

• Nickel Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2008, 01:58:41 AM »
Switch countries.

If the ENY is too high for you, it means you have too many people on your team. Switch to another country and fly what you like.

Ahhhh the joys of flying lowside until this ENY garbage goes away.
The AArch AAngelz is its own country, we owe loyalty only unto ourselves and those we fly with at the moment.---AAolds AArch AAngelz XO.

I love to GV and do Jabo missions vs GVs, get used to it.  Being good at one helps in the other.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2008, 02:48:38 AM »
1. Is ENY effective in making the game even?  
Yes, except for severely stubborn players who just won't switch to even teams.. "You can lead a horse to water..."
2. If so, How is it making the game even?
F=M*A
3. Who is benefiting from ENY to make it even?
Both the ganger and the gangee, unless you think there can be victory without peril; in which case, the team with lower numbers.  Thanks for the cheap perk planes!
4. If no ENY existed what would be the outcome?
Runaway unbalancing of teams like the Rooks had for a few months years ago, until the AKs and other squads moved.
5. What effect of no ENY would it have on base captures?
See 4.
6. what effect does ENY have on base captures now?
See 4.
7. Do you agree that ENY has little, if no effect on winning the war?
Ah reckon yerr glasses'r o-pake
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2008, 03:04:23 AM »
And if you are serious about what you've just typed, and you aren't trolling you are contradicting your own argument.  You are very clear you play the game to win the war.

Not everyone cares about winning the war, cause there is no war, just a game, where if the map is reset, you get a do-over.
Well said.

Dads, you say that your game is to win the war - then what difference is it for you which planes you use? It is not like you are a P-51D devotee that gets his pony taken away (and he still has the much cooler 51B). These guys just switch sides if all they care about is their specific ride. The ENY system is made to "convince" these (and a few other) types to switch sides. Numbers have much greater effect than plane types on winning the war - as you agree yourself that ENY has little effect on the final outcome.

Some players play to win the fight, not the war. If I do decide to take a base as my game for today, I don't care if the other country takes 3 other bases during that time. If I decide to defend a base, I don't care if you take the others. When I switch countries I still fly my P47D11 or mosquito. Dan I bet, still flies his 38G, so we don't switch to get the "better" planes nor do it to fight the "lesser" planes. What does ruin our game is trying to defend a base, 4 defenders against 50 attackers, or having every single base porked by "strategy" players, without any chance to prevent it.

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2008, 03:18:54 AM »
Apparently all of you guys could care less for your country you fly in  and fellow players that you fly with, if you can or do switch sides just to up a plane that you prefer. Most of us who put more value in the developed relationships with the people on our side than apparently you guys do. So we do not switch sides and we will not stop until this is fixed, and by the way why do you guys still fly the so called ueber rides when the ENY is up for the other country, I guess it"s because that when you rack up your kills!

well said dcboss, well said    :salute
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2008, 04:11:41 AM »
Obviously this thread has brought out several mixed emotions. My point of starting this thread is why not give the people other choices.
The so called "ganging" happens on ALL sides. ENY or not, depending on whos on the roster for the night and how well each countries squads work together determines how they dish it out. If your on the recieving end of trying to defend a base from 30-110s, 10 typhs and 12 nikis, sleep easy..the day will come that you do the same.
Like it or not, taking away ENY and perking the low ENY planes will solve alot of problems. Think about it..HORDE or NO HORDE..that LA or Spixteen the guy paid 60 perks for will reduce the HOs and collisions. What better ego boost too when you shoot that guy down. Map rotations will be quicker and you keep the squaddies together.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2008, 04:17:48 AM »
So, if you switch countries, do you shoot the green guys cause they're not the people with whom you put more value in and developed relationships with?  

:lol Mixed emotions?  About pixels?
The ganging does happen on both sides, and no-ENY would make that ganging even worse.

"What better ego boost too when you shoot that guy down. "
Ego boost huh? That's funny.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 04:23:06 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2008, 04:43:46 AM »
So, if you switch countries, do you shoot the green guys cause they're not the people with whom you put more value in and developed relationships with?  

:lol Mixed emotions?  About pixels?
The ganging does happen on both sides, and no-ENY would make that ganging even worse.

"What better ego boost too when you shoot that guy down. "
Ego boost huh? That's funny.

Hypotheticly speaking here...2 targets in front of you..190 A8 and a slow 262..whats your first target??? Even a noob flyin a 262 will get a lot of range chatter on the enemy's side.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2008, 04:45:39 AM »
I screwed that one up didnt I?..lol

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2008, 05:19:42 AM »
I don't mean to be a wise ass, but to answer your question: it depends, are they people with whom I've put more value and developed relationships? 

Honestly - it depends on too many things to list, you're asking an open ended question.. How are they flying; like noobs or experienced?  Do they fly well but have an obvious flaw in one of the ACM they use? What're the relative position and velocities? Are any of the three of us damaged, or is there an external factor e.g. a base capture/pork I am or they are supposed to stop, etc.
The basic answer would be that they're both red, they're both marked to die.  How does it relate to ENY?

Back to this one:
4. If no ENY existed what would be the outcome?
If no ENY existed, the problem it sought to solve would re-occur.  Perking low ENY planes wouldn't solve it, it would selectively limit low perk point players (mostly noobs or low-time players) and favor vets (lots of whom have thousands or tens of thousands of perks).  The only alternative is to reset perk points, which would make for even more complaints, and much more justifiably.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:28:05 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you