Author Topic: Mini-freeze since update  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Mini-freeze since update
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
Since the last update, I get some mini-freeze when I first hit any enemy during each sortie. This freeze is big enough not only to interfere with my aim, but caused a few deaths by collision or by augering.
I had not changed any settings after updating. I had not  reconfigured anything on my system or installed any new software. I only defragmented harddrive after update.
I was running 1280*1024, textures (512) preloading in system memory. AMD 64X2, Win XP, 2GB RAm, GF 7600GT.
To help me identifying the problem I removed all custom sounds and changed texture size to 256, to no avail. Texture size 256, 512 or 1024 with high-res pack, I always get the same result. I shoot, the moment my shells are about to impact - freeze. If I completely miss, no freeze.
I have no FR issues in any way.

Out of ideas now.

(Interesting side note: I noticed that each time I now run AH2, some files (all stdshapes) in cache getting fragmented again. Something I dind't experience before - And I always used to do regulary scans & defrags with O&O defrag)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Mini-freeze since update
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »
I was getting the same thing, but figured it was the servers working over time pushing out copy after copy of the new release. I hope it will settle down after a couple of weeks.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:00:18 AM »
I was getting the same thing, but figured it was the servers working over time pushing out copy after copy of the new release. I hope it will settle down after a couple of weeks.

That's no server issue, as I get this particular freeze offline too. It's somewhere system related. First hit's on enemy during sortie = freeze, no matter if on- or offline.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:02:29 AM by Lusche »

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 10:00:28 AM »
Yeah, I also think it's the server being over burden.  I'm having the same issue with the mini-freezes.

That's no server issue, as I get this particular freeze offline too.

I haven't played offline yet.

P.S.  Have you defraged your harddrive since the download?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 10:06:48 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »
Yeah, I also think it's the server being over burden.  I'm having the same issue with the mini-freezes.

I haven't played offline yet.

P.S.  Have you defraged your harddrive since the download?

Yes. See my first message ;)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »
My bad, I read that but forgot.   :cry
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline bergy

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 10:22:27 AM »
Same issue here, first engagement of enemy, I get about a five second freeze, usually as I am within firing range. Also have had all my bases disapear off my maps!??

Here is what I have done so far: De-fragged the hardrive, changed all video settings to performance, changed my video settings for aces high to lowwer settings, set my video detail sliders all the way to the right in the game.

This did net an improved frame rate...a whopping 23 now, but, the freeze still happens. I have squadies experiencing the same thing, almost all of them have suffered from a frame rate loss as well.

I'm sure that we'll get it worked out. :aok
Game name ToeTag

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »
Well, I have not experienced any mini-freezes but I have continously been discoed ever since this new version ( regardless of which newest patch has come out )........

discoed around 8 times in the 1st 5 rounds of KOTH yesterday...discoed 3 times when the 1st new version came out ( wedsnesday? I think )....also discoed thursday as well.....

I also have not made any changes.....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 10:30:15 AM »
Lusche: This sounds a lot like the stuttering I had noticed.  Problem happens offline and generally the first time I do certain things (fire my guns, hit an enemy, they burst into flames, etc).  None of this happened before the update.

My system: Intel Q6700 Quad Core2 2.66, nVidia 8800 GTS SSC w/ 640 MB video member, 2 GB PC DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), Windows XP.

I run the textures at 1024, but again, no stutter before this update.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 10:48:15 AM »
also have you players cleaned out your films folder or deleted your cache folder to let it rebuild with updated files?

these 2 things might be causing the mini-freezes.......
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »
also have you players cleaned out your films folder or deleted your cache folder to let it rebuild with updated files?

these 2 things might be causing the mini-freezes.......

Cache deleted, no films. Also it makes no difference if I'm filming or not.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 11:13:50 AM »
I have the exact same symptoms, Lusche. We have different processors, but similar video cards, RAM and OS.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 11:35:36 AM »
Stupid question, how do you delete the Cache?
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »
I think my ol gal has been pushed over the performance envelope . I see the video display in the game- im using nearly all the memory avalable. I'm having mini freezes and what not also since the update. I'm thinkin new computer this time. mines 8. :mad: I dunno how to delet the casce either xargos  :lol
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
I'm getting mini freezes now too.

I haven't done anything to try to fix this yet.

I have inte duo core 2.56GHz
2GB mem dual ch FSB OC 1600MHz
Sata HD
no stutters before this patch.
Time's fun when you're having flies.