Author Topic: Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.  (Read 3075 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: Shooting Planes on the re-arm pad.
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2008, 05:35:24 PM »
If you offer me an opportunity to kill you, consider yourself dead.  It doesn't matter to me who, what, when, where or how.  My "job" when I'm in a fighter is to kill as many opponents as I can as quickly as I can and rtb safely (sometimes harder said than done).

That doesn't mean I'm not up for a good fight when one presents itself.  But between those I take what's offered.  No appologies.  If that makes me one of the "hated" members of the community, so be it.

Actually I find your honesty refreshing. At least its better then the guy who poses as the Red Baron on the forum yet take every cheap shot he can in the game.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2008, 05:40:23 PM »
Many a plane has exploded on the re-arm pad due to a rocket I lobbed from over 3,500 yards away.  I don't see the problem :)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
This is indeed an eyeopener. A bit along the line "When I do (vulch, ho, pick, whatever) I have a justified reason for it." And of course the enemy never has one himself when doing such low things ;)

If you vulch you will have to concede this right to your enemies too.

BTW some players (including me) may have not such a limited definition of "fight". Out there in the MA there is a battle going on. The fight begins the moment you spawn and ends when you are back in tower.

Taking a base and padding your score with cheap kills are 2 different things.

Its as despicable as spawncamping to me.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Lushe.

Again I thank you all for your input.

Boner
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »

Taking a base and padding your score with cheap kills are 2 different things.

What about...

Padding your score while taking a base?

Padding your score while unscucessfully trying a base?
Who decides if it "really" was a base-grab?

I try to cap a base, but my countrymen suddenly disappear, no more support. Such things happen. Am I now a weak vulcher?. If they had showed up while I was capping and we captured that base - would that have made my vulches suddenly "acceptable"? What if my enemy doesn't believe that it was part of a basegrab? (Because that's how we players think: We always have a legit reason to vulch, they, of course, do not.)

The line you are trying to draw is a non-existant one.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Don't know how long you've been in these games (AH/WB/AW), but I disagree with your assesment on vulching.

Then again, if you google "vulch" my game ID will display in the top return  :)

Offline Urthona

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
I sort of browsed through this forum but there were a few points I didn't see.  There are good reasons for using the re-arm pad besides trying to pad your score.

1)  If you're flying heavy and ords are down at the base the only way to get more bombs/rockets is re-arm.  Maybe the base is under heavy attack from a carrier and the guys willing to take the risk of re-arm in order to try and sink it.

2)  Fighter hangers are down.

3)  You're one of the 250+ guys that fly FSO every week where you actually have to re-arm and you just wanted a little practice.
Earthdog
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2008, 06:24:28 PM »
What about...

Padding your score while taking a base?

Padding your score while unscucessfully trying a base?
Who decides if it "really" was a base-grab?

I try to cap a base, but my countrymen suddenly disappear, no more support. Such things happen. Am I now a weak vulcher?. If they had showed up while I was capping and we captured that base - would that have made my vulches suddenly "acceptable"? What if my enemy doesn't believe that it was part of a basegrab? (Because that's how we players think: We always have a legit reason to vulch, they, of course, do not.)

The line you are trying to draw is a non-existant one.

The argument you are trying to make is an inane one.

Its all about intent.

I don't know of too many guys (although i,m sure there are many) who try to capture a base with the INTENT of padding there scores.(cept maybe the goon drivers!lol)

Vulching a base you have NO intention of taking for the sake of getting your K/D ratio up is a different story altogether.

People can play this game anyway they want, never said they shouldn't.

Just asking for opinions here.

I got em.

I gave em.

We are definately looking at this in different ways , lets leave it at that.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 06:29:37 PM »
Boner, please tell me what the difference is between a spawn vulch or rearm pad vulch?

For me there is no difference.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:33:15 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »
I think Lusche is saying he "intends" to shoot you if you are a red icon.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 06:39:16 PM »
You rarely know your enemies "intention". You are assuming, and these assumptions are most of the time based on bias and pure speculation.

End of story: watch the airspace when on ground like you watch your six when airborne. If you die, the next plane is waiting for you in the hangar.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TwentyFo

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
I will admit, I tried to kill a plane on the rearm pad yesterday in the MA; He towered before my bullets hit. Why did I do this? I have no idea....the opportunity was there and I went for it.
XO ***THE LYNCHMOB***

Offline Coshy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »
I kinda like upping from a vulched field and just sit there on the runway until someone comes down, then at about 600 out I .ef. Wasted E for them and possibly wasted ammo. Win-Win for my side.
Currently flying as "Ruger"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »
I kinda like upping from a vulched field and just sit there on the runway until someone comes down, then at about 600 out I .ef. Wasted E for them and possibly wasted ammo. Win-Win for my side.

Now THAT is logical!
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »
But I'm your stereotypical Mexican, I'm too lazy to actually work for my kills.
snip
ack-ack

Hmmmm......where have I seen this before? :)

“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2008, 10:30:01 PM »
Boner, please tell me what the difference is between a spawn vulch or rearm pad vulch?

For me there is no difference.

Nope. Its all gud. Seriously.

Pissing people off is a good way to cause many good fights in the long run - enmity tends to seem to help that happen somehow. Cream 'em good when they're helpless a few times, all of a sudden here they come a little later with a full head of steam and warpaint on. Now the real fun begins :)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey