Author Topic: I am dissapointed  (Read 5456 times)

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
Re: I am dissapointed
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2008, 07:59:19 PM »
Snickers...  At some point you'll realize we're all nerds...else we wouldn't be trying to pretend we're living in the 1940's sitting in front of computer screens, and when we're not doing that...we're in here posting about sitting in front of a computer.

For someone in this forum to tell someone else on the forum they need to get a life...is the very definition of irony.

Poping in and posting a couple of times a day and flying for an hour or two is one thing. Spending hours and hours just shows you need to get out more. I have yet to hit 24 hours spent in these new forums. How much do you and TK have?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 08:02:35 PM by Tango »
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »
 :uhoh  I have way more than 24 hours.  Then again, sometimes I leave the window open while I'm doing other stuff.

I have a FT job and still see friends and family, so it can't be that bad. :D
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2008, 09:05:44 PM »
He is just mad because people have a job and life but can still play AH.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline araiguma

• Zinc Member
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »
I was vaguely aquainted with a guy in warbirds who was always on flying the axis side.  I was flying allied at the time in a different squad and didn't know much about him so I made assumptions to fill in the blank spots.  As time went by things changed that resulted in my switching over to the axis side.  I began workng and talking with this individual and later I applied for and joined his squad.  It was only then that I learned that he had nerve damage in his legs and was partially imobile.  He was and is a great friend.  My assumptions about his life, or lack of one, almost made me look like the first 3 letters of the word.

Perhaps this alone is a good enough reason to encourage some side swapping from time to time.  I'm sure a lot of you would probably sit down next to each other in a different setting and have a good conversation, even a laugh, over a beer.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2008, 06:46:28 AM »
i dont believe all allieds are slimeballs, the axis has its share of slimeballs too. i think its getting to know someone that makes a difference. there are people who would say that certain members of my squad are slimeballs. by their definitions, they're probably right. but i know the guys i fly with and they are a great bunch! all of them. now some are a bit more vocal then others. some have something to say when then probably shouldnt. but thats called personality. get to know your mates, get to know the enemy. we're not all bad people. we people of different walks of life. we're doctors, lawyers, bankers, computer geeks, miners, construction workers, even invalids. the point is we're all people and should treat each other with respect.

yes there are always those people that will hide behind a name and a computer screen. we have to deal with them and there probably isnt any need for their actions. but even they can be made the object of our affections, until they get tired of us or conform.

side-switching is only bad if someone is spying. if they are truly fighting for the other side, wheres the problem. i did for awhile and had some great combats with my squaddies. i also managed to piss one of them off and apologized for it and all was forgotten. but i got to play with some of the opposite players. it was fun. again they're not all bad people, just a few bad personalities.

get to know your enemies. its not the worst thing in the world and you might learn something

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2008, 07:27:04 AM »
I was vaguely aquainted with a guy in warbirds who was always on flying the axis side.  I was flying allied at the time in a different squad and didn't know much about him so I made assumptions to fill in the blank spots.  As time went by things changed that resulted in my switching over to the axis side.  I began workng and talking with this individual and later I applied for and joined his squad.  It was only then that I learned that he had nerve damage in his legs and was partially imobile.  He was and is a great friend.  My assumptions about his life, or lack of one, almost made me look like the first 3 letters of the word.

Perhaps this alone is a good enough reason to encourage some side swapping from time to time.  I'm sure a lot of you would probably sit down next to each other in a different setting and have a good conversation, even a laugh, over a beer.

we tried that during the first war ,found the best fights as Allied so we stayed allied ,well that well has dried up so to speak , so again ,at least myself personaly will not be comminting to either side for sake of balance and more importantly so i can find a fight because my enjoyment of my limited flight time is most important thing to me  ;)
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2008, 07:31:03 AM »
group hug
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2008, 07:38:19 AM »
we tried that during the first war ,found the best fights as Allied so we stayed allied ,well that well has dried up so to speak , so again ,at least myself personaly will not be comminting to either side for sake of balance and more importantly so i can find a fight because my enjoyment of my limited flight time is most important thing to me  ;)

thats because JG54 and JG11 was your opposition.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2008, 07:48:06 AM »
group hug

Im not falling for that trick again. :uhoh
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2008, 09:01:31 AM »
I'm sure a lot of you would probably sit down next to each other in a different setting and have a good conversation, even a laugh, over a beer.

One of the nicest features of AvA is that it has a small enough population that you get to know each other pretty well.  I think we're seeing that already with the "new" influx of people.

- oldman

storch

« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2008, 09:06:46 AM »
good maybe now you fellows will come up with something other than a haven for the toolshedders and ackhuggers who didn't quite hack it in the MAs.

Offline 1redrum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2008, 02:34:39 PM »
thats because JG54 and JG11 was your opposition.

jager why do you think i was so disappointed when they left ,it wasn't cause i missed their smashing good looks and rapier Witt, or the home brewed swill , like the JG or not they are still a quality enemy for the most part could they be a lot better sports or a little more humble ,of course but they do have some skilled pilots ,which is way more fun than clubbing baby seals ,although therein lies a quality all it's own  .... :aok
Major EaglePoo

"No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.W. A. Nance

Offline republic

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2008, 02:50:58 PM »
I'm the one with the smashing good looks aren't I?  Oh come one...I won't tell.
P-47 pilot

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »
and i thought we were in this for the seal clubbing!! damn!! i know, i miss having the whole gang together at night beating the snot out of someone Allied. and trust me, ive asked them to come back a few times. they just want a break and for the time being, ill respect their wishes. i have no pull over where they decide to land and right now its the midwar arena.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »
He is just mad because people have a job and life but can still play AH.

I have a job and find time to play AH as well. However I don't base my life around the game as you and some others do. An hour or two a day and a few minutes on the forum is more than enough for me, but just because you spend every free minute in game or on the forums doesn't mean you have anymore say about whats right or wrong with the game than those that don't.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group